Beast Wars Transmetal Optimal Optimus Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by John_Force, Oct 2, 2010.

1. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just a quick question regarding the metallic parts on Optimal Optimus. Do they suffer from cracking or GPS? I'm concerned because I got one where the joints are rather stiff and I don't want to break anything.

Thanks!

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I own about four Optimal Optimuses (Optimi), and one Primal Prime, and after all these years the paint job's never diminished on me.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My 2 are fine; so is my Primal Prime. No plastic problems and no cracking on the vac metallised finish. Quite a rarity really, considering how many other toys from the same time suffer from it (I'm on my 2nd BM Ultra Jetstorm).

4. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Nope. The only Transmetal that I've had crackle was Ratrap, Transmetal 2 Cheetor, and possibly Transmetal 1 Megatron ( I wouldn't know, he's been in bits and pieces! )

Optimus Primal, Optimal Optimus, Depthcharge, Rampage, Transmetal 2 Megatron, and Taratulus have all been A-OK.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Mine's fine too. I had my BM figures out of storage last week and checked them over for such problems at the same time after reading about the possibility of it. Even both my Ultra Jet Storms are in fine form.
    As an extra aside, the vac metal finish on my BW figures seems to have survived nicely as well.

My Action Master Rad has some chipping problems in his chest paint though. But that's not metal vac. I vaguely remember he went up an industrial vacuum at work though so maybe that's why for him. :p 

6. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    The only figures I have that suffer from vac metal flaking are TM Rattrap, and Ultra Jetstorm. Optimal Optimus has no damage other than the torture I gave him as a little kid, so I think you should be fine on him.

7. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Mine is fine; in fact the only tf that suffered from that, that i remember was BM ultra Jetstorm, which I sold long time ago and now regret it because he was a very nice tf.

8. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I once had an old old one but it had minimal paint scuffs. Optimal Optimus is a durable toy, probably to make up for it being a crappy transformer in my opinion.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

The only TM1 toy that showed signs of the vac metal flaking was deluxe rattrap. every toy I have with metal vac chrome is fine.

I haven't a clue,why certain TF fans Transmetal toys flake more than others. my random guesses are as follows: (1) weather conditions where they live. perhaps it's really hot or really cold where they live. perhapa it rains alot or snow alot. causing the vacuum metalized chrome on the TF toys to flake more. (2) perhaps certain TF fans display their TF toys on display shelves near direct sunlight right in front of a windows or next to a window where the sun shines bright on the toys. perhaps the toys get wet when it rain & toys freeze when it snows. (3)perhaps certain TF fans use special strong UV lights that damage the TF toys on display shelves. (4) I keep reading on the internet,that the first releases of any TF toys are always flawed. so perhaps these fans got the first released flawed cracked TM Chrome TF toys. (5)maybe certain TF fans use weird methods to clean there TF toys that are on display. like washing the dust off with hot water/cold water. letting the toys soak in water for hours/excessive time periods. using harsh chemicals to clean their TF toys out on display shelves. perhaps using a hair dryer to blow the dust off the toys on display shelves. (6) perhaps certain TF fans store their TF toys in air tight containers,air tight display cases when out on display. those rental storage metal truck units that get hit harsh by the weather elements. like the sun beating down on the rental storage metal shed container. (7)maybe certain TF fans like to get rougher with their toys than others. like smashing toys up against each others. throwing them on the floor,against a wall. letting the dog chew on the toy,etc...

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol you forgot 8) maybe just bad QC.

I mean really, cmon. What did you do to your TM Rattrap that it would cause it to flake? I can tell you that I didn't do anything to mine and it flaked. So did Ramulus. They've been in storage bins most of their lives so it's not like I mistreated them. And weather is not a factor here in San Diego it averages 70-72 degrees year round here..

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I actually applied clear nail polish on my TM2 Cheetor and he doesnt flake, I guess what was missing from most of these figures was a sealent for the chrome.

12. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

I've got a used one and the chrome had damaged when I got it. But, over the years that I had it, it's been good to me.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    transmetal chrome paint cracking and flaking is totally random....I had my blue botcon rampage crab figure for years now with no problem...in a storage bin....took him out and placed him on a shelf...noticed hair line cracks on the back plate now with paint flaking off...and he was totally mint with no problems for many years...