2D Artwork: Beast Wars the Movie: Rattrap

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Gozer-Bot, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Just a sketch. I decided to play around with the original idea that Rattrap was handi-capable (thumbs up!). His lower body was blown off while working as a spy on Cybertron and was replaced by four wheels that now fold nicely under his rat-mode hips. Due to his accident, he was forced to retire from his spy work and became the chief mechanic for Vespa Mining Co. He then decided to re-join the military and enlisted as a mechanic for the maximal star fleet. He got stuck working on some creaky old bucket of bolts called the Axalon on an uneventful assignment under some pilot named Optimus Minor (who was later easily compelled to change his name due to a strange new set of circumstances). Little did he know...

And y'all can fill in the rest.

His trademarked "exposed brain" look doesn't make sense if you consider that these are alien robots. Why a human brain? The insides of those armor panels on his arm are magnetic, and are used to house tools he'd use as a spy. His wheels are jointed in several ways to allow him total mastery of his movement and the wheel itself is made of a sort of "smart-rubber," which adapts to whatever terrain he's on at a thought.

Attached Files:

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He looks good!

3. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Thanks!

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Neat design. The wheels for legs is a cool touch. :D 

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    that is truly creepy. i like it

6. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I hope they never ruin Beast Wars with a movie like that.

I'm not saying your work is bad. I quite like it, but only as it sits on it's own without the name Rattrap.

EDIT: LALALALALA DON'T READ THIS POST I WAS AN ASS HERE DON'T LET FIRST IMPRESSIONS FOOL YOU

7. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I always thought that was a neat idea. I can appreciate the normal TF designs, but anything out of the ordinary in terms of body shape, anatomy or locomotion always caught my eye.

You really know how to hurt a brutha.

8. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I didn't mean to hurt anybody! :O

I'm just saying that Beast Wars really holds a special place in my heart because it was the one I was born with. I didn't like what they did with the Michael Bay movie, and I just hope if there IS a Beast Wars movie that he doesn't make it.

EDIT:

You know, after looking at it again, it's not at Bayformer as I previously thought it was. There aren't panels of a car that split into 10000 different pieces that spread out all over the body. The parts of the modes stay intact and they make sense for a Transformer.

I like it, I think it gives off a Beast Machines vibe, rather than Beast Wars. I never liked Beast Machines Rattrap, but I think this one makes for a nice Cybertronian BM Rattrap.

I would watch a Beast Machines movie, so long as it was done well unlike the show.

I like it!

9. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I know you didn't, I was just messing around.

I agree on all parts. While I LOVED the designs, I thought Bay's script treatment was moronic. I wouldn't trust Bay with this series. No fuckin' way.

The reason is because my brain can't wrap around a lot of the designs from the movie. I imagine the transformation from beast to robot while I draw the beast mode and illustrate based on what I saw in my head. I love to watch the cars disassemble and reassemble, but I can't work piece by piece like that.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I liked the exposed brain. I'm not big on the little wheels. I never thought of BM Rattrap's wheels as making him hadicapped since he put them to good use many times speeding around vehicons. The head is really cool, though. Like a BM/BW Rattrap hybrid.

Also, I liked the movie. :(  Does that make me moronic?

11. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I imagine him not being very hindered at all by his wheeled locomotion. They're jointed, which allows them to not only bend but lets him jump if he needs to and he's the second speediest Maximal next to Cheetor. He's also compact, which helps him in his spying.

Yes, but like Blackarachnia says, the dumb ones are always the cutest.