Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    You all know the routine! This thread is for discussion of Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #3. Go pick up the issue, come back, and talk away!

Since this is a discussion on Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #3, people who have not read this issue yet should be aware that there are likely SPOILERS below. Read at your own risk.

2. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    Decent issue. Loving the art in this issue, really took that in with this being Don't last venture in drawing our BW beasties.

Furman promised tragedy this issue and we get that...sort of.

Big Convoy apparently goes bye-bye at the hands of Shockaract, the first time around. Back on Earth (70,000 BC), the Maximals and Predacons (at least those not injured) are able to get back on a ship and transwarp back to the time before Big Convoy gets blasted. Looks like Tasmanian Kid may or may not have been killed both times around.

Doesn't look good for Razorbeast. However, those who have read the solicitation information for Issue #4 knows whether or not Razorbeast lives into the start of Issue #4.

Liked the Shockaract Cybertronian mode, loving The Pack.
    Stampy looks like he's on the juice in beast mode.
    Break didn't have much to say. Tim is sad.
    Like that they mentioned how similar the Blentrons looked to others Beasties. Poor Injector didn't see it.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Fun read. I love that Ravage's reputation precedes him and he knows it. Makes it hard for him to unite the Maximals and Predacons under a banner of trust.

Did Break scan Andy Rooney for those eyebrows?

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Along those lines, there is an easter egg from Don on page 21 which says "Goodbye Everybody Don". Sad to see him go.

Really loving this mini-series. Can't wait to see how this'll all wrap up in the next issue.

5. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    great issue all the way around, loved big convoys alt form, and really loved lio convoys additude towds ravage "ill despark you where you stand." now this is a leader the maximals need

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Loved it. Still wondering why Hardhead of all 'cons is one of Shokaract's heralds instead of dirgegun, though. That just seems... strange. Guess we'll (hopefully) have that explained next issue. Too bad this is Don's last, really would have liked for him to at least finish out this mini-series.... there's only one issue left!

7. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I liked it. Its too bad Don won't finish up this arc, I guess he was fet up drawing all day. I hope we get to see his tf art again. Now Hasbro make some toys out of this for the classics line.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, this issue makes it sound like don really is signing off. say it aint so!

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good story, but it seems like Furman's trying to fit too much into this story arc, and upping the ante too much. I mean, where do we go from here? We essentially just went from "the beginning of a new Beast Wars" to "the final conflict that unites everyone". Seems kinda anticlimactic, pretty much no matter how the last issue turns out.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i wouldnt say so. at least this way we hopefully get properly fleshed out resolution of shokaract, returning cybertronians and magma..magna...that floating bad guy stuck in limbo.

dude i cant believe youre actually complaining of too much going on :lol  its usually the opposite.

11. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I liked the issue but I also felt like it was a bit cramped. Great art and it makes me really sad that this is Dons last one. :( 

12. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hold up a minute.... Don ISN'T going to draw the fourth issue??

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that is totally lame that he didn't finish the last book. The art was the only thing that kept me reading this far. Granted this issue was definitely better than #1 and 2. So who is doing the pencils for #4?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  14. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, Guido Guidi.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that is a damn good sub.

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    So sad to be reminded that Don is leaving with that easter egg at the end.:(  Anyways, still enjoyed the interaction in the issue.:D  Hopefully, not everyone dies in the final installment next ish.

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    IDW's Beast Wars comics keep being a severe disappointment. Furman fails to make ANY of the "good" characters come across as lovable, the villains are either cannon fodder or of the one-dimensional "giant cosmic threat" variety, and even the established characters, Ravage and Grimlock, do nothing for me. Essentially, it's a bunch of characters I can't care for no matter how much I want to fighting each other in a way that could barely be less boring. FUman simply fails to graps what made the Beast Wars show great.

And sad as it is to see Don go, I still stick to my notion that beast modes look as if he never saw an animal in his whole life. Let's hope that Guido actually sticks to his own suggestion from "You Can Draw Transformers!" of looking at reference photos.

IDW's entire Beast series come across as stories about toys fighting each other while failing at pretending to be more than that.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish the BW books featured the characters from the show. Set it between episodes or something. Frankly I just don't care for these non-show guys.

19. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow thats alot of Beast Wars HAte going on there!

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Argh.

Again, I loved the show. I'm disappointed with IDW's BW titles because they are NOTHING like the show, and everything the show WASN'T.