Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    As it standad now, TFW2005 is posting a front page reminder about comics coming out on release day. The front page post will contain a link to this discussion thread.

This thread is for discussion of Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #2. Go pick up the issue, come back, and talk away!

Since this is a discussion on Beast Wars: The Ascending Issue #2, people who have not read this issue yet should be aware that there are likely SPOILERS below. Read at your own risk.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    are the covers posted online anywhere? i need to call my store and let them know which cover to pull, but i havent seen either....

3. Tim Formas

News Credits:
    Here's two.

Attached Files:

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And this will be the second IDW issue I buy both covers of. The first was Ascending #1.

And Break FTW!

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    thanks tim....i'm totally going with the non show characters cover....

6. Tim Formas

News Credits:
    Loved it! Foster and I will both be satisfied, as Break has a line or two in the book. He's also involved in one of the best lines of the issue, regarding the rumor of where he shoots snowballs out of (HAHAHA).

Several other thoughts...
    - Loving the Cybertronian looks of Big Convoy. I'll take two toys of that, please.
    - Gotta love The Pack. They have fun in and out of the battle. From the Break/snowball scene on the ship to Apache enjoying tearing Insecticon a new one.
    - Poor Razorbeast. You get trapped on Earth by saving the day, unofficially take up a leadership position on Earth, feel good about finally getting rescued when The Pack shows up....and then you get infected with Angolmois. Ouch.

7. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

That's what i did too, it was too hard to decide on which cover of Ascending #1 so i bought both. :lol  Can't wait till #2 shows up here! :D 

8. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lovin this story! it's progressing really quick, but it's a lot of fun. love the line about break and snowballs. laughed at the bugs bunny look they gave stampy when he was talking with mach kick in the ship. we really need a new bw line of all cybertronian modes. they're freakin amazing! liked seeing the magnaboss team there. kinda gave off a tripredacus feel, though, with how close they are to each other in that room

i'm curious as to who shokaract's other agents will be besides the blendtrons and antagony and the others we saw in a preview cover, since they mentioned him having more out there. also was a little taken back at how quickly ravage turned away from his own agenda. the future must be really bad

9. Foster

News Credits:
    The Pack captures a lot of the Beast Wars vibe! There is epic comedy in Transformers with animal alt modes that BW at its best did so well. This series captures that again with characters like Stampy, Break, and Lio Convoy with his Mighty Mane Missiles. Buy why is Break left aboard ship? Does Razorbeast not offer valet parking? :( 

The story's shaping up well. I'm not well-versed in the plots of BWII and BWN, even though I have nearly completed both toy lines. Glad I don't need to learn Japanese and watch those shows to enjoy The Ascending.

I'll have to dig out my ugly-assed Injector toy because he gets a really well-done spotlight here as Rartorata. Would that more of Unicron's heralds/minions be as freaking HORRID! :D 

10. ssg4life

News Credits:
    just make sure you're not confusing injector and rartorata. they are definetly different guys. injector was in that fight scene in robot mode, so people could be confused. just look for the angolmois presence

and someone always has to get left behind. how else are they gonna get picked up by the ship?

11. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Definately enjoying this series more so far than the Gathering.

The Blentrons were just about the only thing I really enjoyed when I sat through Beast Wars Neo, so I was all giddy seeing them show up in #2. Rartorarta was always my favorite, too, so watching him fuck up Razorbeast was a treat.

I expect that Furman has depowered the Blentrons for the Ascending, since they were fucking INVINCIBLE in Beast Wars Neo. A fight with them wouldn't really last long.

12. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question...

Pg. 4. Who's the Predacon who looks like he turns into a manta ray?

Saw him last issue and I can't place him.

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  14. Foster

News Credits:
  15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
  16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That is officially awesome.

17. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    great book and story so far!!

i hope they can tie this to the new idw verse

18. ssg4life

News Credits:
    i'm just wondering when we'll see the rest of the mcdonald's figures and the tripredacus team. oh, and jawbreaker. he's still m-i-a. i figured since they threw in the manta ray mcd's guy, they could just throw in anyone that was left out of the gathering

19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well. That settles that. I guess Beetle, Panther and whatever the other one was will be along shortly.

Great read though. Can't wait for the rest of the BW books. Wish they were an ongoing series

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    So far the mini series format seems to working. You get an ongoing story, but it gives it a little bit more time between series, and if sales aren't up to snuff, you can stop the series at an end point rather than in the middle of a story arc.