Beast Wars The Ascending #2 teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bass X0, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2007/06/04/script-wrap-5/#comment-211

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Lio Convoy! :D 

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Grimlock AGAIN? Ugh....I just hope he's an actual deinonchyus instead of that weird Allosaurus thing...

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    "Magmatron, give me Grimlock starring role or me take by force."

5. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why must Furman torture us like this? September...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    OF COURSE. ALWAYS. HE'D BE IN THERE EVEN IF HE WASNT IN THE DAMN TOYLINE. I'm half-surprised Grimlock clones don't make up the enture Autobot force in the IDW comics. Why focus on characters who have never ever been used before, of which Beast Wars has dozens, when you can have MORE MOTHER FUCKING GRIMLOCK.

So glad to see he's going with Lio Convoy rather than "Leo Prime". ugh. such a horrible name.

but seriously now simon, KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF WITH GRIMLOCK.

7. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

You know if you don't like Grimlock theres always the option of not reading the damn comic?

8. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

also Grimlocks role in the first go of the BW comic wasn't even big.
    So him beeing in the second go, doesn't say much.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, take it easy people...

Let the man write. I'd LOVE to see some connection to the IDW universe. I know they said they wanted to keep them separate, but man, the Shockwave one-shot showed us that SHOCKWAVE is the one who is responsible for all of the energon crystals being there on Earth in the past... At least that's how I read it.

Chris

10. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i love grimlock and hope to see even more of him

and he was released in beast wars has a white repaint of dinobot and if i remmember ( i lost the tech sheet) it was said that he had the spark of the origenal grimlock

11. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

This series is going to blow The Gathering out of the water!

12. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Do BW2 and BW Neo fit well with the original Beast Wars? I haven't seen them. Are there any subtitled releases of these series? How about a series synopsis?

Andrew

13. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Considering Japan received the US shows, they were written to fit around them and do a pretty good job. Save for a little discontinuity between the end of BWNeo and the beginning of Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines), I can't think of any major contradictions.

Here's an episode guide for BWII. I don't believe one for Neo has ever been written.

As for subs, the first 12 episode of BWII were subbed long ago, as well as the BWII movie and the first 6 episodes of Neo. If you can find them, good luck. I watched both shows in raw Japanese, but I cans peak the language so it didn't bug me. And even if you don't speak Japanese, the plots are so incredibly simple and childish you should've have any trouble understanding them.

There's a fandub of both BWII and Neo going on over at TFCog.net The voice acting quality is...uh...well, never mind. It's a fandub, after all. But at least it's in English, right?

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The basic plot of Neo goes that after BWII, the Angolmois Energy was scattered in capsules. Magmatron and Big Convoy with their respective crews set out to cover them, a sort of "galactic tour" type story with a new world every episode, and since Big Convoy's crew are mostly rookies, there's some development of them as they go along. Others show up for odd episodes as the series goes on, but there are only half a dozen permanent additions to the cast - and four of those are a third faction, bent on restoring the biggest bad of them all, using Cybertron as his new body!

I'll leave that part out since Simon refers specifically to Elephorca and Drancon in his blog post, not Torca and Sky Shadow, their US equivalents. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he's hinting we're going to see a partial retelling of the end of Neo in comic form.

So those groaning that Grimlock's getting more focus will also be groaning at the other guy who possibly may be the big bad of this series.

15. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Personally, I loathed BWII. Neo started out just as bad but gradually improved. But the time the Blentrons showed up things actually got pretty good. It's still not a great show, but it isn't the worst series the Japanese have ever conceived. Besides, it brought back "the big bad you know who" before later shows turned it into a dreadful cliche.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You just know they're gonna get into a 1 on 1 fight for the fate of the universe.

17. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I love Simons stuff to death. I think he's the best, but the grimlock thing is insane. I know Simon loves Grimlock, but it's too too much.

18. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To all those complaining about Grimlock in the IDW comics - he's been in only TWO ISSUES so far (Spotlight Shockwave and The Gathering #4), both times as a supporting character. By that defination almost every character that has appeared has been over used. Yes he was used alot in the past, but he's been out of the action for over two years now.

Personally, I'm happy to see Grimmy back in the thick of it - he's been sidlined too long.

19. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    QFT!

People are acting like Dreamwave folded just last year and there was Grimlock overexposure just a few months ago.

IMO Furman has been showing a lot of restrain regarding Grimlock in IDW.

-airfox

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:

Thats hardly fair.

Grimlock has hardly had an overbearing role during any of the IDW comics. His biggest appearance was during Shockwave's Spotlight which he was used wisely.

He made cameos in the 1986 movie adaptation which is a given because he was in the original movie but hardly overused there.

And he only had a brief role during The Gathering and he hardly upstaged Razorbeast or Magmatron.

Sure he did appear a lot during the Dreamwave comics but that was several years ago which doesn't have an impact on comics of today... so just what is "insane" and "too much"?