Heavy/Scratch: Beast Wars Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Obliterator999, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Obliterator999

Obliterator999 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Alright guys this is my nearly finished Terrorsaur for my BW: REDESIGN project, but in all honesty, I absolutely HATE it (hence why it's unfinished and will probably forever remain so). The problem is, even with all the efforts that I've made to 'de-Animate' him by giving him so bulk, the figure still looks too stylized and it doesn't work for the Beast Wars era. So this got me thinking, what other toys could be use for Terrorsaur other than Animated Swoop? The only one that could give a decent result is, well, TM Terrorsaur.

[​IMG]

However there's a few obvious problems with this figure: the arms are too long, the legs too short and head too small. The good thing though is that these parts are not intricately involved in the overall transformation, they can be easily modified seperately without harming the the transformation at all (except the head, really, but I can just pop it off when transforming it). So I can easily do this...

[​IMG]

With these limbs, the proportions of the figure already look much better. It's sad though 'cause because I love the original TM Terrorsaur's leg (double hinge knees FTW!) and wish I could find a way to simply 'elongate' them so I could keep them in. Other than that I'm not sure who's legs I could use here.

For the arms I used RtS Tracks', but they feel a bit too blocky for a character such as Terrorsaur. The shoulder part I love though because of the hinge thingie. I was thinking of removing the tire and replace it with some sort of wing attachment to mimic Terrorsaur's shoulder blades, and the hinge would allow to fold them underneath the body to hide them while in beast mode. But I still need to find other parts for the rest of the arms that would match better.

The head there is just a stand-in but I think Tracks' head with some rescuplting could look great.

What I need from you guys is suggestions and ideas for parts I could use! LMK what you think too!

Attached Files:

2. Sparkless

Sparkless Well-Known Member

Fuck! I want another Animated Swoop now!

I am so making one of these as well. And as far as I'm concerned it looks fine as terrorsaur. nice work

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    No no no no NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO! The first one kicks Chuck Norris ass! Seriously, go with it. You didnt just nail it you threw it in a sleeping bag full of bowling balls and kicked it down the stairs.

4. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    haha nice, good paint job. That guy always made me laugh

5. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great repaint. Brilliant lol.

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Love this. Great job on the face and the additional bulk.

7. Obliterator999

Obliterator999 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    But I swear I can do much better with the other guy! :'( I have to try it or my mind will never be settled, lol.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Heh, feet. :) 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is a great piece. :rock