beast wars takara tele-mocha series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grandizerGo, Sep 15, 2010.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    just curious if anyone owns these repaints what they think of them.? also is the optimus primal and megatron in the series straight up repaints of the ultra class prime and megs from beast wars u.s.a. series.?thanks

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
  3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Definitely look at that other thread for more discussion. But about your more straight-forward question... Primal & Megatron in Telemocha had 2 releases: straight repaints of the Robotmasters molds(kinda between a scout and a deluxe) and repaints of the Ultras.

However I'm not sure if the original versions of the ultras used were used or the versions with more show-accurate remolds for Meg's robot head, & Primal's robot head, robot chest, and beast face.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes they are worth it. most of the figures got the most show accurate paint apps without retooling.

megatron ultra version is awesome and so is waspinator and blackarachnia. cant speak for the maximals as i dont collect them, but from the BW thread most approve as well.

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The Ultra Primal & Megatron use the original heads. The paint jobs on them are tremendous.

Randy

7. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

You sure about that? Depending on which ones we're talking about, the Beast Wars Reborn set had the Ultras' heads remolded (and Op's chest). I don't remember the Telemochas carrying any Ultras. They did repaint the RobotMasters Op and Megs though.

My thoughts on Telemocha: gorgeous show-accurate paint schemes for many of my favorite BW deluxes (Cheetor, Rhinox, Tigatron, Waspinator, even Dinobot for its time). Finally, a show-acc Blackarachnia! (Relatively, I'll admit the figure was too gold and could seriously use a new head... heck with it a new mold! :lol ).

Strangely, they omitted Tarantulas. Then there were the randon BWNeo and non-show characters which still looked good, but then they stopped after releasing 2/3 of Tripredacus. :thumbdown 

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are Ultra size Telemocha Convoy and Megatron. I don't have Megs but have Convoy.
    [​IMG]
    No remoulding but superb paint apps.

I only have Corahda from Telemocha deluxe size, he and Arcadis are not worth the extra money (the originals are going fairly cheap). I actually prefer the original Corahda...Telemocha one has ugly eyeballs dotted in the eyes. Totally pointless.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Here's some pics of my Telemochas...

Ultra Megs:
    [​IMG]

Primal (Robot Masters repaint) and Rhinox:
    [​IMG]

Blackarachnia:
    [​IMG]

I also have Cheetor but I couldn't find a decent close-up pic of him.

Telemocha Waspinator is buzzing his way to me as I type!

Will post pics in the Beast Wars thread when he arrives.

10. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Telemocha Dinobot is the best representation of the character including Henkei.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
  12. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

Holy crap! That's shocking. Never seen those before. :eek:  Well I guess Tak boxed themselved in by making the remolds part of a different line. Still, those are really something else.

13. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Probably would be good to start at the beginning of the thread Split Lip posted. That thread began with Telemocha discussion. ;) 
    -G

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like Tele Dinobot better if the airbrushed-style stripes didn't look so half-assed. It's a case of "I see where you were trying to go with this, but you didn't make it."

Got a few BW Telemocha toys. Cheetor (very nice), Tigatron (for some reason I like the 'cleaner looking' old JBW version better) Dinobot (see above. IMO Henkei wins), Waspinator (very nice, but a bit of a preference toss-up between this and BW10th for me), and RM Primal (full-on excellent)

15. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The single pack Ultras in Telemocha used the original heads. The Beast Wars Reborn 2-pack was the home for the retooled heads (and retooled beast mode face on Convoy).

Generally speaking the Telemocha toys are VERY nice. If you own the originals, many of them may not hold much attraction, but there are a few, such as Wolfang, who received an entirely new color scheme and a faction swap, that deserve to be added to any Beast Wars collection.

16. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

what the HELL is "Telemocha", is that even a word? it sounds like Cybertron's version of starbucks

17. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

Yup, that's the one I have! :)  And also the one that ultimately became the US 10th Anniversary edition.

Lol, yup, sounds about right. :lol 

Just curious, why do you feel that way? For my purposes, I disagree for one reason: the face sculpt.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I feel exactly the same. Although I would say the couple of extra paint apps on the TM Waspinator give him the edge over Hasbro 10th IMO.

I'm glad that someone else prefers the original Tigatron. :thumbs2: 

19. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    i have the optimus primal and megatron robot masters repaints still in the box if anybody is interested throw me a pm