Beast Wars stasis pods

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, May 10, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It always got me wondering. I know for a fact that there were dozens of stasis pods on board the Axalon before it jettisoned them into earth's orbit for safe keeping. I know that nine of the stasis pods became either Maximals or Predacons during the course of the series, namely Rampage, Inferno, TM2 Dinobot, Blackarachnia, AirRazor, Quickstrike, Silverbolt, Tigatron, Transmutate, and the blank protoform body they used to revive Optimus Primal as a Transmetal during Season 2. What became of the rest of them after the Beast Wars were finally over. I know they all fell to earth after the Transwarp wave hit, and some may or may not have been destroyed in the process, but nothing more. What I would like to know is how many unactivated stasis pods were left at the end of the series and what happened to them? Did the Maximals take the remaining pods and their protoforms back to Cybertron after Megatron was defeated? Or were they lost forever in the wilderness of prehistoric Earth?

Thanks

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I believe a bunch of em landed & became characters like Armordillo in comics, but barring additional fiction & speculation, I don't recall it ever being dealt with in Beast Wars or Beast Machines, short of possibly being among the "friends lost at the hand of Megatron" or something like that.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

You think some of the stasis pods were used to create the vehicons in BM?

4. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Read the comics

5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah, two little series' that came out called The Gathering and The Ascending. Written by Simon Furman and produced by IDW.

They're not bad.

6. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

To eloborate on previous posts, there are two BW comic series that use (some of) the remaining stasis pods.

First there's the OTFCC (former botcon) about the Wreckers. The backstory, Primeval Dawn tells how the new Wreckers came to be formed. This took place on prehistoric Earth after the BW had ended and the participants had left. Several of the remaining stasis pods were used to create these new characters.

The second story is by IDW: the Gathering and The Ascending. In the first series Magmatron leads a bunch of BWneo characters to prehistoric Earth to capture Megatron (after Ravage had failed to do so), but actually plans to begin a new war. To get troops he activates the remaining stasis pods and reprograms them as Predacons. However, a Maximal infiltrant, Razorbeast, sabotages this plan so a bunch remain Maximals.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I ignore the comics. They aren't written by any of the usual show writers, and completely lack the spirit and feel of Beast Wars. They are Beast Wars in name only, I do not like them, and they do not exist to me.

As far as I'm concerned, the Maximals captured Megatron at the end of Season 3, were in no huge rush to leave as long as he was secured, so they cleaned up their various messes from previous adventures and found all the stasis pods that they could, then left.

8. Verno

News Credits:
    Not quite right. The characters he takes with him are US toy characters - Transquito, Spittor, Iguanus etc. BW Neo characters didn't come into the story until The Ascending as far as I'm aware.

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well to me, it always seemed like they fucked off asap, which is why they didn't bring the other preds with em or bother looking for Dinobot/Depthcharge remains like they normally might have.

10. Verno

News Credits:
    That's the beauty of Time Travel - they could get Megs back to Cybertron asap, then go back just after they left to clean up.

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, unless the red Barney escapes & they get caught up in a space virus that leads to you know what...

12. Verno

News Credits:
    I hate when that happens. I'd prefer they get back to Cybertron just as the planet is preparing for Unicron's arrival...

13. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What he said.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There is an implication in the show that they were all destroyed during the transwarp explosion at the end of S1, except for the few that crashed and were recovered (and even these were damaged to the point of significant impact on their occupants).

15. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

I've always wondered this too. I never read the comics so I assumed the stasis pods are still on earth or in orbit after Beast Wars ends.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    MECH will find them and make their own Transformers.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The remaining pods were destroyed, or blanks. They had no method of surviving entry once the alien device disrupted their orbit. The few survivors are just lucky luck-boys.

In IDW they explained that they were all recruited as Predacons andd Maximals by the time-displaced forces of Magmatron, but those comics also kinda suck a bit and it makes more sense that the pods were destroyed during planet fall or the occupants died without attention. (Much like Airazor almost did)

Also both of these.

If I ever see Simon Furman near Beast Wars again I'm firing myself.