Beast Wars Second FDP - Auditions!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Taggenagger, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Taggenagger

Taggenagger Ancient Transformers Dubber TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

It is with great pleasure I hereby start the Beast Wars Second FDP audition thread. There's a lot of characters to choose from, so get started right away! First and foremost, you should watch our teaser, and you can find it in the BW2 FDP section or on our frontpage. For those of you who are new to this thing, let me go through some basics.

In order to audition and participate, you need a good microphone (PC ones can work, but most of them are below our standards), a recording program (Sound Recorder isn't recommended) and knowledge about how to store your audio files in mp3 format. Programs like Cool Edit/Adobe Audition and Goldwave has mp3 saving function inbuilt, recommended software. You record the chosen audition lines for whatever character suits you, use a voice you may think we'd like and prefer, and then send the files off to [email protected], attached with your full name and most common Internet alias (I know a few guys using a vast number of different ones). Then you'll just have to wait until short after deadline, when we've decided.

Deadline, yes, that's the day we decide on who's getting who. February 11:th that is. If you get selected for a part, you agree to do your absolute best on sending in your lines as fast as possible. If one or two lines won't fit mouth flaps or needs altering for whatever reason, Brandon will mail you redo and rerecording instructions for lines that need to be fixed. Brandon and I will do our best in selecting a crew who we think will pull through and make a great production.

If you don't make it, and won't be selected for a part, you can always mail us and ask if you were close or stuff like that. Remember, there will always be new auditions for new characters (we're not too far from having auditions for Wheeljack and Perceptor for Victory FDP for example) and stuff like that. Anyway, onto the highly sought-after audition lines and character descriptions!

For images of each character, visit http://www.tfcog.net/bw2auditions.htm

Maximals

[​IMG]
    Lio Convoy
    -Lio Convoy is the pure-hearted Maximal leader. He is a fearless leader and a noble warrior. His army of Maximal soldiers obey his every order and treat him with the utmost respect. We are looking for a deep, commanding and heroic voice.

Audition Lines
    "If this once belonged to an ancient civilization, we cannot be sure what kind of traps lay waiting for us."
    "We came to investigate energy emissions coming from these ruins."
    "Lio Convoy, maximize!"

Apache
    -Apache is the Sub-Commander of the Maximals. He is a mostly straight character, but he's a little senile at his age. He is a mandrill.

Audition Lines
    "White lion, I think it's time for you to show us your true form."
    "That's the very same energy the Predacons hope to use to turn this planet into a fortress!"
    "Apache, maximize!"

Tasmanian Kid
    -Tasmanian Kid is the youth of the group. He usually has a lot of dialogue. A lot of that is making jokes, pulling pranks, etc.

Audition Lines
    "How many times do you have to ram your head into that mountain before you're too dumb to stop?"
    "The energy is off the charts... If we're not careful, we can be knocked into the volcano aswell!"
    "Tasmanian Kid, maximize!"

Bighorn
    -Bighorn is the brute of the Maximals. He insists that he's a buffalo, not a bull, yet he is infuriated by the colour red. He has a secret weapon when his tail is pulled. His voice is deep and gruff.

Audition Lines
    "I refuse to listen to you, Apache! I listen only to superiors!"
    "The colour makes my blood... boil with fury! Yaaaah!"
    "Bighorn, maximize!"

Diver
    -Diver is a frog. No, we don't want a French accent! He is a pacifist. Just sort of a goofy "frog" voice.

Audition Lines
    "If only the Commander were here, he'd know what to do right now."
    "I've been searching non-stop but I've came up with nothing. Maybe it's camouflaged."
    "Diver, maximize!"

Scuba
    -Scuba, a squid, is a very serious character. He is a mysterious character and a loner. Rarely talks, but is a big part of the missions. Looking for a very low, serious voice.

Audition Lines
    "A strike without our leader would be extremely futile. We would get slaughtered."
    "Something isn't right."
    "Scuba, maximize!"

Artemis
    -Artemis appears to be a very sweet girl, but often throws fits on her partner, Moon. Usually appears as a narrator to the scenes.

Audition Line
    "It must be the Predacons. A suspicious spacecraft has landed on Gaia. It's probably them."

Moon
    -Moon is always happy, who often complains about Artemis' fits. He is a bunny-like creature, much like Emusa. He only appears with Artemis.

Audition Line
    "Luckily, if the Energios force is used for the wrong reasons, our radar will alert us! They better not try anything!"

NAVI
    -NAVI is the ship's computer. Female voice. Not necessarily the same voice as in Beast Wars Neo.

Audition Line
    "I have received a message from the planet Gaia in the Frontier Galaxy. There is an abnormality in the energy!"

Predacons

[​IMG]
    Galvatron
    -Galvatron is the ruthless leader of the Predacons. He has three modes: robot, drill and the much-feared dragon. There's one thing about him, though... He falls asleep for long periods of time. Doesn't have to sound anything like any previous incarnation of Galvatron, as long as he sounds evil and strong.

Audition Lines
    "First, I'll scan the most powerful object on this entire planet and transform into it."
    "I see. I'm sorry I suspected you. But I will have no forgiveness for Convoy."
    (Snoring)

Megastorm
    -Megastorm is Galvatron's younger brother. He is often in command of the Predacon army, since his brother is asleep. The catch for this character is that when his brother is awake, he is a lesser character, sort of a wannabe, but when his brother is out cold, he gains more confidence and has a much more powerful voice. Basically, we need a very talented VA for this role.

Audition Lines
    (Strong) "Dirge! Thrust! Instead of your useless gossiping, you could be out searching for Lio Convoy right now!"
    (Weaker) "Heh, heh, heh, heh... It's really too bad, Maximals. As long as you're exposed to that beam, I'm afraid you won't be going anywhere!"
    "Megastorm, transform!"

Starscream
    -Like his namesake, he is very ambitious and hopes to climb up the ranks of the Predacon army. However, he does not sound quite like his namesake. His voice is deeper, with more of a effeminine twist.

Audition Lines
    "Listen, this is our chance to show that we're better than Dirge and Thrust's clumsy team."
    "I've looked everywhere, but I'm afraid I haven't even seen a pawprint."
    "Starscream, transform!"

BB
    -BB is Starscream's partner. He has no distinct personality, except the fact that he doesn't have much of one. He has a deep voice, and mostly just says "Roger."

Audition Lines
    "Roger!"
    "Transform!"

Thrust
    -Comic relief character, along with his partner Dirge. Looking for something sort of in a high voice range.

Audition Lines
    "Starscream, you're having a fun time with that big good-for-nothing blockhead."
    "This guy's a nutbar."
    "Transform!"

Dirge
    -Comic relief character, along with his partner Thrust. Should sound somewhat different than Thrust, whether he is not as high of a voice, or has a quirky sort of voice.

Audition Lines
    (On why Megastorm is acting tough) "Only because Lord Galvatron is sleeping, so he thinks of himself as Predacon leader."
    "Is that the Lio Convoy guy we're looking for?"

Send all of your audition lines to [email protected] by Friday, February 11th. Then we'll decide who gets who. Have a nice day!

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Oooohooo! I better brush up on Megastorm! But one thing though: When I have a sound file, what's the best online place to host it? How do I send it to you?

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    That's where Ive sent my auditions in the past.

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    yeah, but how do you upload the sound files to an email? That's what I want to know.

5. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

What do you use, Outlook Express or an e-mail program like that or web-based e-mail like Hotmail.

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Hotmail.

7. Taggenagger

Ebay:
    There is a Attach File-option somewhere in the menu. Or else. I believe Putfile.com works as well.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    ok. Thanx! Better go brush up on my voice acting. :D 

9. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I know this, but I just want to make sure. How do you say Lio Convoy? Is it (Lee Oh) or (Lie Oh)?

11. Taggenagger

Ebay:
    "Lie Oh" definitely.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.

13. Taggenagger

Ebay:
    No problem.

Awesome, lots of auditions already. Keep 'em rollin! :thumbs2: 

14. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Once Im happy with more of my choices for voices Ill send them along.

15. Taggenagger

Ebay:
    No rush, it's 18 days left. :thumbs2: 

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    do u still need a female voice?

17. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    :lol  that's this time Im taking my time when coming up with voices for the different characters. Right now Ive got at least two for Galvatron and Dirge/Thrust.

Now if only I could nail BB's personality :p 

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    What personality? :lol 

I made mine sound like Tidalwave. :D 

19. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Definitely. We have NAVI, the computer, Artemis and also Moon could be voiced by a female.

There are a fair amount of female voices in this series and we need more than one female VA.

20. Taggenagger

Ebay:
    Another female role is Scylla, one part of God Neptune (the white repaint of Piranacon). Her crush on Scuba is just hilarious. :D