Beast Wars Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grif915, Aug 12, 2009.

1. grif915

grif915 Nerd

I recently watched "Nemesis" parts 1 and 2, and a few questions came up. In this story ark, Megatron was going to "finally" destroy the Ark. In doing so, he would destroy the Autobots, as well as the Maximals. If there is anyone who can answer these for me, i would greatly appreciate it.

1. How come none of the Predacons realized that by destroying the Ark, not only would they destroy the Autobots, but they would also destroy the Decepticons?

2. I noticed that when BW Megatron fused his spark with G1 Megatron, he never returned it, and even after his defeat, none of the Maximals seemed to realize this. Did I miss something, or was this ever explained?

3. Tarantulas's plan was to destroy both Autobots and Decepticons, being the evil genius that he is, why didn't he help Megatron destroy the ark? (this sorta goes with question one)

4. How was Dinobot's spark able to become complete when Rampage died? I thought his spark was Rampage's.

Again, if anyone can answer these, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I think most of these were just overlooked.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    1 & 3. Megs went insane, he didn't care anymore, he was overtaken with power I guess I have no idea, I honestly can't remember. I think he stated that he rather there be no universe then have to be a Maximal slave or something like that. And wasn't it basically Tarantulus's doing. He stated that he wasn't a decendant of the Autobots or Decepticons. SO he didn't care if they were destroyed.

2. He put it back in a cut scene on the Dvd set. Actually Optimus ripped it out of him and put it back. :D 

4. Dinobot isn't dead. The series following Beast Machines, Transtech would have answered that. He was still on Earth. I am still waiting for transtech to happen, RID happened instead probably because too many fanboys cried about Beasts in their Robots. (This is all from what I heard, so if I'm wrong, hey I'm wrong ^_^)

4. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

At first,the Predacons never knew about the Ark's existance in prehistoric Earth until Season 3.My guess is that Megatron has never told any of the Predacons that he intends to destroy the whole Ark and just the Autobots(At the end of the Series).This also raises the question as why Quickstrike isn't concerned,considering that he was a Maximal Protoform.Of course,Quickstrike never cared or wasn't bright enough to realize it.

As for Megatron,such as long as he held the Spark of the original Megatron,the others did not clearly matter.Also notice that the Maximal Base is where the Ark was,and with the power of the Nemesis gone to his head,he didn't care to destroy the Decepticons there,as long as he destroyed all the Maximals and Autobots in that base.My guess is that plan to destroy the whole Ark was a last minute plan.

Already explained by ILoveDinobot.

Since Tarantulas came from a different line of ancestery,Megatron destroying the Ark alone already benefits him,and since Megatron was able to almost eliminated Optimus Prime himself,Megatron does not need Tarantulas for his own schemes.Since Tarantulas is a free agent in that Season,he was more focused on other,powerful things,such as the Vok.

There was actually a Beast Wars script Episode explaining that.The unaired Episode 'Dark Glass' explains that Rattrap one day found the old datatracks of the original Dinobot(As seen in 'Bad Spark').Rattrap had the idea that he could use these datatracks to convert the Dinobot Clone to a Maximal.The mission itself was practically a suicide mission,but Rattrap confronted the Clone and after a long battle,he succeeded in inserting the datatracks to TMII Dinobot.However,the Clone still remained as he is,so the mission was also a failure.The reason why TMII Dinobot wasn't reverted into a Maximal,was due to the interferance of Rampage's Spark.Since Rampage got killed by Depth Charge,half of Rampage's Spark is now whole,as TMII Dinobot started to have a similar personality to the original(Due to the inserted datatracks)which is why we've seen a whole new Clone like never before.

Hope this helps.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not by a long shot. The chief culprit here was time-constraints.

1. Megs was pretty much off his rocker at that point. Quoting the CoP, killing everything. This shear madness is what drove DB to defect again.

2. There was a scene, animated and voiced, that was cut for time that showed OP OP putting G1 Megs' spark back. The closest thign they could get in teh show was OP OP saying "Everything is as it should be, at last."

3. Tarantulas was dead at that point. He blew up when he was shot by his own alien-killing beam.

4. Again, there was to be an episode (called Dark Glass) explaining and setting up for just this moment, however, with the depressing and intense storyline for Season 3 the executives decided a slightly more light-hearted episode was needed instead, so it was DG was never produced.

6. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Shows how much I know. :eek: 

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Oh wow I totally read #4 wrong. :lol  I thought you thought meant why Dinobot didn't survive at the end if he had Rampage's full spark.