Beast Wars Revival series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 14, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

"This aint' yah daddies Beeeeeaaaassssties."​

So, how cool would it be if Hasbro did a Beast revival? I'm not saying re-hash the same cast again. I mean, a whole new world of Beast-formers.

Now, I know it is just wishful thinking. However, I think it would be an amazing line, even if they just went the bot-shots route.

But, yeah! What would you want as some new beasts?

Personally? I would love Hasbro to go the fantasy ruote, and have different sets like "Lions, Tigers, and Bears... Oh my!", and " Be Careful, what you wish for!" In which, one would have a lion, a tiger, and a bear... the other? Fuzors!

I just feel that the Beast toys needs to get a little more love, and that that boat has not shipped off that far. I'd even be up for it in Prime style. What about you?

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I don't think that beast formers will ever come back. *Looks around for g1-ers* The thing is, g1 wasn't actually done all that well. There was plenty of room to take the characters and play around with them some more.

On the other hand, Beast Wars was done spectacularly well. They would have to do an AMAZING job rebooting it (A better job than Prime, for example) in order to make it interesting. Most people don't really think this is plausible.

Revisiting Beast Wars without rebooting it would also be kinda difficult. Making robots that turn into animals doesn't really come across as realistic. The writers for Beast Wars were clever enough to find a way that sort of made sense. The new writers could probably find a way to do it, but then it just sounds like "what's the new plot device that's going to turn them into animals this time?"

Either way, Beast Wars DEFINITELY deserves new toys.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Among the Beast Wars community, there's NO question that we want Beast Wars back. My interest peaked with Beast Wars and how much would I love to see a new toyline for those characters.

At this point in time though it'd be a bad idea. The characters of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are wayyyyyy too popular for Beast Wars to have more than one or two toy releases. We need to be patient. There's going to be a day where Transformers is on the outs again ... and Optimus Primal, Cheetor, and Dinobot will rescue this franchise once again :D 

4. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Masterpiece BW-Megatron.

Enough said.

5. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaishin

I don't think modern Beast Wars figures would be that good, actually.

The designs and sculpts seen currently, while fantastic, would not mesh with the Beasties aesthetics. Look at Generations Cheetor and Dinobot. One hand, they have awesome engineering. But the other hand is that the engineering does not work with the look of the characters. It's not a knock against the toy geniuses that designed them, because I have nothing but respect for them.

Consider it this way: Would you ask H.R. Giger to paint Madonna's Smile and expect it to look like da Vinci's work?

6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    YEP and he must come with a rubber ducky accessory.

8. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Yessssssssssssssssss

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Honestly, above all else, I want a BW Dinobot masterpiece figure. One that looks perfectly screen accurate in both modes. When you plug the sword into his hand, it actually has small gears turning the segments. The shield spins. He comes with Golden Discs.

I want it now.

10. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Fixed. =)

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    As a Beast Wars fan, I'd CRAVE THIS WITH A BURNING RAAAAAGE! Legit though, I want more Beast-formers. There're so many animals they haven't made, and could totally appeal to the conservation-market. "Buy this Panboo figure and we'll donate $XX to the San Diego Zoo's effort to help even more pandas" or crap like that. If they used more recycled materials to make the packaging, there's more "green".

Hasbro already works with Discovery, they could totally use that as a vehicle to carry it, Discovery owns Animal Planet, how is that not money in the bank right there?

Kids will always love animals one way or another, do simple transformations like in the PRIDE line, realistic-ish animal alt-forms and the proto-forms can be fairly basic/simple enough and it'll be CA$H!

12. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I'd be totally up for rehashes. We need a new Rhinox and a rattrap mold that can actually stand BAD. But most of all we need a Blackarachnia.

13. Voldine

Voldine New Member

Would love to see some more from my favorite series, gotta add my agreement to this.

Now to watch Code of Hero again...

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd definitely like to see some more Beast Wars love. New characters would be awesome, but I really want some updates in Generations. That Voyager Rhinox rumor that was floating around several years ago needs to see fruition.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd love Hasbro forever if they brought back the beasts. They could do it as a small line of toys, Cyberverse Legion and Commander sized.

The way they could do it is make more Beast Wars Basics that would fit in with the ones that we already have BUT they are brand new animals that haven't been done before.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would love to see something happen. I always wanted a sea turtle and kangaroo transformers.

Maybe one day something will happen, they drove the bots and cons to the ground once before.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

One thing I was really hoping for in DOTM's Human Alliance line was a horse Transformer with a rider. That would've kicked so much ass.