Beast Wars questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I kept watching Beast Wars episodes on youtube, and I notice that the Maximals and Predacons eat when in beast mode, since when Transformers eat? In G1 Autobots and Decepticons weren't seeing eating or drinking, well the only time we saw Decepticons drink was in episode Micromaster and in FFOD that's it, but in Beast Wars all the time, how is this possible?

Thanks

2. Driskull98

Driskull98 DADDY WAS A FALL DOWN MAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
  3. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Maximals and Predacons have the same tech as the insecticons. THey can convert organic matter into energy. BM however through out that concept

4. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

This

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Because BW isn't set in the g1 cartoon continuity

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beat me to it.

7. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

Yes it is if you'd pay attention they make references to g1 like star scream's ghost and my favorite Waspantor thinking he Shrapnel

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Never heard of the Insecticons?

Robot physiology is a funny thing. Logically they would need to consume energy in some fashion so they could function properly (you can't run a car without gas), yet some willingly dismiss the notion "because they're robots."

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    But it could be any G1 continuity other than IDW or it could be a previously unknown version of G1. One reason to disclaim it being the cartoon continuity: The swarm (from which the vok are evolved from) has only be shown to exist in the Marvel comics G1 continuity. Also a les valid piece of evidence is that Blackarachnia claimed Starscream was killed by Galvatron after he betrayed him, but in the g1 movie (which occurs in both the Marvel UK-which is a splinter timeline of the US comics- and Cartoon continuities) and in the cartoon, Starscream betrayed Megatron and most characters didn't know that Galvatron was Megatron in a new body. Which either means the historians and record keepers figured it out at some point or that it is in neither continuity. The latter theory points towards it being an unknown g1 universe or the Marvel US comics

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I think the real question would be to ask someone to explain Rhinox's infamous fart incident. You don't even have to nitpick and overanalyze to see the problems with that one.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They're fully functioning animals in beast mode, just like vehicle TFs are fully functional vehicles in alt mode. The eating is a side effect of sorts from being a beast Transformer, meant to maintain the fleshy beast shell and as a alternative means of energy. And Rhinox's infamous fart was specifically a side-effect of the virus he had which caused him to violently discharge energon from every which way.

12. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

When did the Autobots found out that Galvatron was Megatron?

13. G1Prowl

Every aspect of your explanation leans towards organic life forms. The Beast Wars characters were covered in a synthetic skin to keep them from going into stasis lock from the high energon levels on Earth at the time. There was nothing at all in the series that indicated that they were organic in any way, or that they were cyborgs, which makes things like the fart or their instincts taking over completely ridiculous and about the shoddiest writing known to man.

Of course, it's probably been retconned in some shit convention comic that only 800 copies exist.

14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I was leaning more towards the powermaster idea (they could also get energy from the nebulans eating organic food and processing it). Just like the micromasters energy efficiency was the foundation for the Maximal upgrade program, and the pretender technology allowed them to get organic altmodes.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or the show's own sequel cartoon, if you prefer, which specifically noted that Optimus's crew brought back organic tissue from Earth per the Oracle's grand plan. That, plus the BW cartoon never once explicitly refers to their beast modes as synthetic that I can recall. Plus, your argument contradicts itself - surely, the fact that their beast mode instincts DID take over, and that Rhinox DID have that digestive problem WERE the show providing evidence of this, and that there WASN'T "nothing at all in the series" to say that?

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "That's because I know you too well, Galvatron." Optimus Prime, "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 2".

So some time before that.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There were instances of Transformers 'eating' in the Marvel comics. Megatron tried to eat coal to refuel himself. And Sludge eats vegetation during 'Dinobot Hunt', although in this case he's operating on the most basic mental level and is happy munching because he's reverted to a primitive animal state. His internal systems identify the vegetation as something his body doesn't need and internally vaporises it.

Not quite within the topic of this thread but I thought I'd mention them anyway.

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I'd like to think that also it was noted in TF:TM when Galvatron said: I Galvatron will crush you, just as Megatron crushed Prime, and UM replied by saying: And your die trying just like Megatron I think Ultra Magnus kinda had an idea who was who

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well that and the name of the new Decepticon leader _____Tron and is a nutjob dirtbag. You half to be a imbecile to not figure that out.

20. G1Prowl

Beast Wars - Beast Wars (Part 1) - 1/2 - YouTube

4:18 ish

"Scanning and replication complete." Replication equals man(or bot)made which equals synthetic. Also there were no living dinosaurs to get the organic material from, if you look at the video they even model the flesh on the skeletons with their scanning program. So no, they aren't organic in the series, and have no business having "instincts" of their beast modes at all.

And as far as BM making it actually organic, does it establish when they got the organic material? Nope. They didn't have it before they crashed. Not only was this a retcon, it was a shitty retcon.