Beast wars questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Feb 14, 2008.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

Why didn't any earth's predators try to make a meal of those insect preds or Rattrap? Rattrap was surprised that a clone of Chopperface could save them.Didn't he try to reprogrammed him to be more like old friend? Maybe it finally kick in. He should have expected it since he was trying to reprogrammed it.He should have taken credit for it unless there wasn't an episode or Rattrap never did get a chance to reprogrammed the clone or wanted to? Did he prefer the non clone one?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Haven't seen these in a while.

Anyway, Rattrap, Waspinator etc. are giant versions of their beast modes. If I were a rat-eating predator, and I saw Rattrap, I'd be scared shitless.

Also, there was a scrapped episode that would have been called "Dark Glass" where Rattrap would try and bring Dinobot back from Dinobot 2 and (to his knowledge) fail, but the episode was considered to dark to go along with, so "Go with the Flow" was made instead.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You are truly an enigma to me, lbb.

That being said, I suspect predators probably based on Waspy and Scorponok on account of them being huge, and while Rattrap mighta had an encounter or two, I'm sure his laser pistol cleared 'em up.

Their robotic scent mighta played a roll if you take the show seriously.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Didn't a snake try to kill Cheetor in Dark Voyage? I imagine that its plan was to eat him afterward.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Another possibility might be that their beast shells weren't comprised of the same organic materials as those native to earth, and thus threw off the scent for any potential predators.

6. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they were just giant versions of the animals they took the forms of.

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well like many have said the insect, rodent, and arachnid BW characters were giant sized. Don't forget Dinobot was around 7-8 feet tall and he rode TM tarantulus like a donkey. Inferno was the size of a horse. Waspinator was the same size as Cheetor, from what they did show Cheetor, Primal, and Tigatron were normal sized (for their animal). Meaning no predators were going to take them on, cept maybe a wolf pack.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yep, it went after Rattrap as well.

9. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    It's been a while, but I don't recall any of the beasties having their fur catch on fire after being hit by enemy energy weapons, so even though they have technorganic bodies, the organic wasn't exactly Earth-style organic. I know that for the kiddies, burning bot's would be a no-no, but nonetheless, just another reason why true Earth animals would not see them in the same manner they would a food source or territorial rival.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Plot device. Same reason G1 Megs shed so much mass to shrink down to a smaller size.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Guess they did'nt like the crunchy metal centers

Rattrap has no creme filling

12. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

Why would a timestorm that can wipe out Cybertron happen if Megatron w/ the original Megatron's spark was destroyed?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Aside from this thread desperatly craving brains, I assume you are asking why if Prime dying caused a time storm, why would BW Megs keeping G1 Megs' spark not cause a storm (Paradox)?

That's because the scene in the show which depicted Megatron giving Megatron his spark back was animated, and even had a bit of sound synced up, but was droped due to time constraints and because the makers thought seeing the Nemisis crash was more important.

But to answer your question the way it was written: Because G1 Megs was BW Megs' ancestor, so if he died, BW Megs would've never existed and then he wouldn't have started the beast wars and so-on.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The Decepticons lost the great war, so Megatron being dead would not have effected the outcome. There would probably be some minor changes, but the overall ending ( Decepticons losing ) would be the same.

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh since most of the preds & maximals are human-sized.

16. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow where do these questions come from haha...any who they where the size they where so they could sell the toys...and it wouldnt hurt the story at all.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Aye, the great war's outcome would be the same, but he Beast Wars had a dramatic effect on the planet. If G1 Megs died, BW Megatron wouldn't exist, and thus wouldn't be able to back back in time and get Megatron killed, then Megatron wouldn't die, BW Megs would exist and go back in time and get G1 Megs killed etc.

It's called a paradox, it's a good thing it didn't happen. (well, one almost did, but they fixed it before any real damage was done)

I don't think the toys had anything to do with sizes in the show, considering the toys were all out of scale compared to the show.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Megatron was not his direct descendant as TFs don't reproduce. Plus, BW Megs said he took his name from G1 Megs. Worst case scenario, BW Megatron might have been named Shockwave. He still would've existed though.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Still, Megatron was his ancestor, as all the Decepticons were. If Prime dying makes it so the Maximals don't exist, than it's only logical that Megatron dying would have the same effect on the Predacons. Besides, it would still be a paradox since Megs would already be dead, BW Megs would have no reason to seek him out and obtain his spark and so-on.

20. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

My theory is this, assuming that Beast Wars takes place in the G1 cartoon universe:

If Megatron never became Glavatron, then Hot Rod never would have found him with the Matrix inside of Unicron and save Cybertron, which would mean no more Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals or Predacons.