Beast Wars Question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CripNite, Feb 1, 2006.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Just got the first three 10th Anniversary figures yesterday... and while I knew about the "Mutant Heads" of the first BW figures, I was a little shocked to find out that Waspinator's Mutant head was the one used on the show, and his Robot head was never used (I was more shocked to find his Robot head looked like a traditional TF head). Anyways, after browsing around TFU.Info for awhile, I found that Tarantulas and Blackarachnia use the mutant head and robot head of the same mold respectively.

So the question I'm getting to, any other figures use the Mutant head in any way in the show?

Furthermore, a follow up Q... what was the intended purpose of the mutant heads?

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Not sure if any others did, the other head was meant to be some kind of battle helmet or some thing like that. At least that is what I was told.

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only Waspinator & Tarantulas used their Mutant faces in the show, figures released after them had the gimmick scrapped (Like Inferno)

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

It was to show that they were actually part beast not just disguised as one. The mutant head was like a messed up part of their reformating.

5. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

Interestingly, they did try modelling the BW crew toy-accurate at first. You can see these as a special feature on one of the DVD sets. Rhinox looks like he would have been even more badass toy-accurate, but it's hard to picture the gentle giant in the lumbering death machine the toy-accurate model was.