Beast Wars Optimus Primal question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Futureruleroftheuniverse, May 26, 2007.

1. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I've recently gotten an interest in the Beast Wars toys because they were the series that aired turing my precious childhood and my first transformer toy was from that line.
    Well anyway, I've seen the molds of Primals from the line and I'm interested to ask if anyone's got a comparison of the beast wars primals against other optimus primes (like G1, Galaxy Force, RiD, Armada etc). I'll be getting my old childhood toy soon (Transmetal Primal) and I would like to see the comparisons of the Beast Wars Primals (I know he's technically NOT Prime) to Optimus Prime's from other generations, in size.
    I remember my transmetal fondly and am extremely glad to be getting him back. And courtesy of my brother, I know which version (Hasbro) :D 

2. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

The first BW Primal is a lot bigger than G1 Prime, and a bit bigger than Classics Prime and Laser Prime.

The Beast Wars 2007 re-issue Convoy is probably the best Primal fig around.

3. Futureruleroftheuniverse

and Transmetal Prime's about the first BW Primal's size right? (the gorilla not the bat), so would that be about SuperGinrai's height? w/o godbomber/apex armour?

4. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

No, the Transmetal is smaller. The Ultra Pimal, the original Gorilla, was too big and out of scale.

Personally I use a Deluxe sized RM Re-issue Convoy like I mentioned, he's a bit too small but he still looked better next to other bots than the larger figure.

5. Futureruleroftheuniverse

so exactly how tall is the transmetal? 10", 9", etc?
    Is it around the height of 1:55 valkyries?

6. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I don't have a ruler, but my metal convoy in robot mode looks to be about 7-8"

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    7 to 8 inches sounds about right. I'll try and do a comparison pic of a bunch of my Primes, Primals, Convoys and the rest when I get a couple of minutes to bring a couple of them out of where they're stored.

8. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    It's not the greatest picture in the world, but my signature should help with scale a bit. At least as far as the size of each Primal figure together...

Optimal Optimus is the largest, followed by Ultra Primal, then Tm Primal, and RM Beast Convoy... "Batimus" is the smallest.

9. Futureruleroftheuniverse

I see... how about the Beast Machines Air Attack Optimus Primal?
    I've noticed that he's apparently quite large.

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    AAOP... I haven't had him for awhile. He's taller than OpOp, probably 2-3 inches, in 'bot mode. In beast mode, he and OpOp, are close to the same size... larger, but not by much.

[​IMG]
    This shows them together in Beast Mode. It also has Blast Punch Optimus and BM Deluxe is hiding i there...

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Air Attack Optimus Primal is the tallest Optimus ever made. He's a centimetre taller than MP Prime.

12. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Hey, I'm happy with the size of the transmetal... not large like MP-Op but not puny like Robot masters. I'm glad I'm getting it back...miss it now :D 
    Wow, Beast Wars have pretty interesting molds for primal. And the beauty of it is that G1 fans can't say "OMG GORILLA OPTIMUS PRIME" 'cause he's really not Optimus Prime :p .
    I read in the Ultimate Guide that Blast Punch is a pretty good bot too... ahh, now I want it all!
    Hmm, would you reccomend the purchase of the traditional Black Optimus Primal or the Fire Beast Convoy? what's the significance of the red for the fire beast? is it like Fire Guts for God Ginrai (i.e. from the show) or just a recolour for the fun of it?
    :p 

13. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Red Optimus Primal is called Burning Convoy. In the Beast II movie Optimus primal and Lio Convoy combined the power of their matrices to fight Majin Zarak. Optimus Primal became Burning Convoy and Lio Convoy became Flash Lio Convoy.

I'm glad to see another Beast Wars mold fan in our midst. I have almost all the incarnations of Optimus Primal including some exclusives repaints like Burning and excluding RM and the Primals released during BM (AAOP was released during RID). If you like Primal then I sure you would like Lio Convoy and Big Convoy. Black Big Convoy is the jewel of my collection.

14. Futureruleroftheuniverse

15. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    Yeah thats the one!

Remy has some great pictures!

Black Big Convoy

and this gallery has all the BW/BM Primals/Convoys you want except for RM

Its also missing the Optimus Primes including and after Cybertron

That's Just Prime

He has an update which he calls the Chronicle of Convoys

16. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I know im going to catch flak for this but I have always liked leo convoy way more than big convoy. Just my preferance.

17. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    No flak

I love lio convoy also. I have the Original, Flash and Black version.

At first I never wanted Big Convoy but I came around. Now Black Big Convoy is definitely my favorite Tf not just my favorite BW character. That saying a lot because I have X-9 Ravage and Black Lio Convoy.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I kinda like them both. Lio is easier to transform and not so bulky without so many panels getting in the way, but I do prefer Big Convoy's beast mode and huge armament.

19. Futureruleroftheuniverse

I kinda prefer Big Convoy though.. but it's just you're preference, no flak from me.
    The only Convoy I kinda hate is the Energon Convoy...
    The re-issued G2 convoy's a bit wacky, but I just really don't like the Energon Convoy...
    But my next aim is to complete my G1 God Ginrai by getting God Bomber MIB (can't get MISB 'cause I wanna combine them :p ) and then perhaps get Big Black Convoy, he looks nice.

20. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Wow, "Chronicles of Convoys" is awesome... I tried doing something like that with my sig :p , but the toy variant and the masses of Primes along with Remy's skills...wow