Beast Wars new series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Are they going to have a new Beast Wars series like a reboot or even a brand new one with new characters or simply bring in 1 or 2 Maximals and Predacons in TF Prime Cheetor, Silverbolt from the Maximal side and Waspinator, Scorponok from the Predacons side, that would be amasing.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Besides the occasional Beast former showing up in a series, I doubt we will see (if EVER) another beast only show for a very long time. The way Transformers are now, the very look of the cars and trucks, it's too popular to try and change.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    No.

4. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

In the aftermath of the success of the movies a very firm brand image has been forged, one even more vehicle centric then G1. (Yes the move had stuff like cellphones and animal shaped robots, but they were decidedly second bananas to the 'real' Transformers who were all vehicle.)

I doubt Hasbro wants to weaken that brand image by expanding the focus when they don't have too. Now things may change, the fourth movie might take a new direction more embracing of alt-modes beyond vehicles. And even if it doesn't sooner or later the direction laid down by the movies will run their course and interest might drop, and then Hasbro might pull out a more best heavy set up in order to shake thing up again.

But for the foreseeable future I doubt we'll be seeing much from Beast Wars. Get ready for another dumb truck full of Bumblebee and OP toys!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  5. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

The Beast Era is over.

6. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Defiantly over for now, in the future, who knows? Might never come back, might be a new one right around the corner. These things are next to impossible to predict even if you have the data on shopping trends and such, stuff often turns on a dime, without that data? Might as well throw darts at a wall with a bunch of possible future trends written on them.

Though questions into what's happened to beasts seems to have had a slight increase, whither these foretell a burn out on the extreme vehicle focus is hard to say, and even if it does, a) it doesn't tell us if it extends outside the fandom and B)even if it does extended to the general public whether that means a shift to a focus on Beasts or just a greater incorporation of them or other types of alt-modes.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering Beast Wars came about in response to what was more or less a "nothing left to lose" time for the Transformers brand, seems unlikely it's gonna be anytime soon.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would of course be a dream come true if Hasbro goes the Beast route again, but it's highly unrealistic to say the least. I understand their concerns, the focus these days is on vehicles, and I accept that.

However I find that the focus is just a wee bit too narrow. The beast alt mode has, aside from Animated, two molds in the Universe line, and a few repaints, been almost entirely neglected and tossed aside. Even counting those that are not of the Beast Era proper, like Masterpiece Grimlock, the beast alt mode is a lacking presence on the store shelf and in fiction. The thing I find sad is that it's not even an issue of different aesthetics, it's a whole different concept. The beast alt mode has been with us since G1, with the Dinobots, Predacons and the such.

It's not just beast modes either. Outside of realistic vehicles, it seems nothing else is given much consideration. We don't get "fun" vehicles such as those futuristic ones in G1 season 3 or the Unicron Trilogy. This in part is why Animated was such a refresher. While the realism sometimes provides better grounding, especially when the alt modes are supposed to be disguises, I find a bit of the fun is taken away.

9. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Probably NOT going to happen. Would it really be any good if they did? I personally don't think so.
    Beast Wars should remain the way it is: a fondly remembered piece of TF history, why tarnish that?
    Beast Wars was one of the rare moments where everything worked and worked well. It saved the franchise, and it was an outstanding series, the best of the best. Let's just leave it at that.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'd rather see new Beast Wars toys show up in a future Classics line.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    if you want more Beast Wars you can always look into the Japanese beast wars series.

12. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    I would, but sadly BWII and Neo aren't on DVD yet.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well to be honest, I don't think I'd even want a Beast Wars reboot because well, it'd probably suck ass compare to the original. Even if it didn't, we'd probably think so anyway because of how different it'd be.

If anything, I'd much rather see a series that was sort of like what Beast Machines was to Beast Wars, except that takes place after those shows had concluded. Transformers: Transformed, or something.

14. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

maybe a one shot movie or a miniseries.not a whole series. course they would have to give us some new toys to go with it. if not then BW figures in classics/generations.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I hate to sound like a Geewunner, but I'd rather they not touch BW again on the chance that they muck it up. :/

I love Beast Wars. It is Transformers to me, but the show, characters, themes, concepts were all very unique and intertwined. You can't really revamp it without ruining the core aspect that made it so interesting, which are the characters and story. G1 is easy to redo because it's a blank slate. All the characters were either interchangable or bland and it had no over-arching plot or themes. Most of the concepts were barely explored or replaced later on. It's easy to transplant them elsewhere because they're so basic.

BW is anything but basic. Everything about it had something specific to the show. Like the Vok, Dinobot's inner turmoil about is history set in stone, Megatron's plan to eliminate Optimus Prime and destroy time itself, and for that matter the whole "great war has past" and travelling bakc in time set up. Even little stuff like the Transmetals. And then of course there's the characters, whom at times seemed genuinely alive in their expressions and voices. You can't redo BW without almost shot-for-shot remaking it.

Beast Wars is really a unique series. It's not a reboot of TFs, it's still a part of G1 continuity, but a very complex, very specific part. Simply making another series with animal alt modes does not Beast wars make, it's just makes it another Transformers series with animal alt modes.

Unless you want them to remake the Japanese BW series. Knock yourself out. Those shows are terrible.

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hhaahah, pinned the tail right on Megatron's arse, my friend.

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Split Lip, you nailed it mate.:thumb 

Plus, there isn't really a need for a reboot of Beast Wars. It was fantastic for what is was.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Beast Wars was fantastic because of the characters and story, not because they were beasts. Making animal/insect whatever TFs just for the sake of it or trying to re-create what went before would be utter folly. There is no reason why non-beast TFs can't be just as awesome. It's all about the writing and acting IMO.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is why you won't be seeing Beast Wars anytime soon. Very well written. We can close this thread now.

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For the foreseeable future, i doubt we will see any BW stuff, other than a nod hear or their.