beast wars movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ssjkazer, May 29, 2011.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    We would lose one shelf clogging yellow camaro, and gain one shelf clogging yellow cheetah!

But, thats a sacrifice I'd be more than willing to make! It could still be set in the same universe as the bay movies, but I'd like to see it all CG, but REAL nice CG, Avatar style.

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Oh god no robots that turn into animals -_-
    I can see it now; "Daddy Daddy!" Can you take me too the zoo I want to see the gorillas. Ok son let's get in the truck. Hey Daddy could you buy me that gorilla? Which one son? The brown one! Ok son. *Gorilla transforms* Hi I am Optimus Primal and have come too rid your world of a purple dinosaur, a giant scorpion,an oversized wasp, a big hairy tarantla, and a pterodactyl. Uh sorry dude your about 15 billion years late. Oh well "Maximals Maximize!" *Oversized rat transforms* What's up monkey butt. *Brown rhinocerous transforms* Rhinox here. *Cheetah transforms* Cheetor's the name and speed's my game.
    Optimus Primal: Let's go back home.

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

If it were done well enough, I don't see why not - I never gave two craps for the "Trukk Not Munky" mentality, myself. Though it probably would have to be altered somewhat to accommodate the GA and casual fans who only care about the movies, I don't think that'd be unreasonable, either.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Just make sure to have some polar bear Transformers in it so it can an Oscar this tme around :p 

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please no. Any of the Beast series had to be hands down the worst thing to ever happen to transformers.

6. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    There I fixed that for you!

7. Thalack

News Credits:
    Trust me, not fixed. Anything beast wars is epic fail. I praise god that it didn't kill the transformers franchise.

8. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I don't know. A huge humanoid robot with a gorilla head hanging off of him while he chats to the President might be a little distracting.

Then again, a giant robot gorilla hanging off the Empire State building, banging his fist while Steve Jablonski music plays in the background might be pretty epic.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Have you ever even you know WATCHED the series or are you just from the usual TRUKK NOT MUNKY gang of haters?

10. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    If anything, Beast Wars saved Transformers. If BW flopped, then Transformers would be something like Masters of the Universe now, not a multi-million dollar film franchise with toys and tv shows every year.

11. Thalack

News Credits:
    I don't even know what the trukk not munky gang of haters is.

Yes, I watched the series. Terrible CGI, hell, my girlfriend remembers the show cause one of her art instructors brought in an episode for her class to watch as an example of bad 3d animation.

Premise was bad, story was bad. I tried to give it a chance but it never grew on me.

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Ok you're trolling not gonna waste my time on you.

Btw it was 90-ties early CGI weekly show. The fuck did you expect? 2010 Pixar?

13. Thalack

News Credits:
    I'm trolling? My opinion differs from yours, get over it. I strongly disagree with you over the story. You find it to be a good show, that's your choosing and your liking. I'm not calling you a troll cause your opinion differs from mine.

For me it was bad. And no, I didn't except 2010 pixar, especially considering 2010 pixar didn't exist when I watched the series in the early nineties. For its time the CGI was bad. Once again, that's my opinion. Try to not get upset over it.

If they ever did a beast wars movie, I probably won't be at theatres to see it, but regardless I'd still give it a chance when it released on dvd.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    If a Beast Wars movie was made, it would be the first live action transformer movie I would see. I would love to see the characters I grew up with on the big screen. I do think it could do just as good as the others did. Being honest, Hasbro took a chance to keep Transformers from ending in the mid 90's. The risk paid off as an entire new generation fell in love with characters like Rattrap, Waspinator, and Dinobot and saved the Transformer line from going under.

If animal transformers could do that back then, if the movie is done right then it can happen again.

15. Thalack

News Credits:
    That there is the single biggest problem with the movie industry. There have been a many great potential block busters and award winners that have failed cause it wasn't done right.

As it's obvious, I don't like Beast Wars, but I agree with this statement. It could potentially big huge, if done right.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You know, since they had a pretender chick in ROTF, there really isn't any reason that there couldn't be Beast Formers in the movie-verse.

Personally though, I don't really care too much for the idea. I liked Beast Wars as a show, and I don't completely hate the concept behind it. But I like robots turning into mechanical type alt-modes better.

I personally don't see a BW film ever really happening. It was kind of one of those things that only really worked for it's time. I don't see the concept really going over big as the premise for a blockbuster film.
    Especially with how cynical most critics are these days, the normal concept for Transformers is probably already pushing it.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Well, better than G1 in any case.

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense meant here, but how old are you? Are you an older fan, or a younger one. Because honestly, considering the time bw came out, the cg work was freaking phenomenal.. Even now it still hold up fairly well. Don't get me wrong, it isn't tfp good, but the animation of bw only got better and better as the series progressed. Im not saying you're wrong for disliking the show, to each their own, but bad animation is a bad argument.

19. Thalack

News Credits:
    Older fan, I watched Beast Wars back in the day when it was actually aired. You're welcome to enjoy the animation. I'm just saying that even to me, back then, the cg wasn't that great. If the animation got better as it progressed I don't know, I gave the show about half a season and just couldn't get into it one bit. I generally found myself distracted cause I wasn't intrested in what I was seeing.

I won't say it wasn't a great show to some people, it definately was. I just wasn't one of those people. I'm sorry to say, i disagree that bad animation is a bad argument. It's one of the reasons I disliked the show.

20. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I was in high school when BW came out so I think that's why it didn't go over well with me. Too many other things to worry about lol.