Beast Wars Madman dvd

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Jun 7, 2008.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Hi. I live in the United States and I wanna get my hands on the beast wars dvds from madman with all the special features, because the american releases didnt get the special features. I'm just wondering if you guys know of a site where i can buy these from. I checked the madman site but the prices are 60 bucks for the first season and 50 bucks for seasons 2 and 50 bucks for season 3. Thats a total of 160 bucks!!! thats way too much. Are there any other sites i can check for lower prices other than ebay, and does anyone here have these seasons who lives in the states that I can buy from???

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Not really, no, otherwise we would buy them. By our standards, the prices aren't bad.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are the extras on the Madman DVD? If I already have the Rhino ones, would these be worth picking up?

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I agree. Most TV box sets in the US that include only one season are priced below $40, but even Rhino is selling BW S1 for $60. It's a ridiculous price considering the serious lack of bonus content, but then that's Rhino for you--spending their budget animating the menus rather than bothering with bonus content that fans would actually want.

I bought my Rhino BW season sets pre-owned for less than $15 each, and I didn't get them online either. Mine were from either CD Warehouse or MovieStop. If you give your location, Mr. Hulk, I might be able to help you find out if there's a CD Warehouse or MovieStop near you.

You could post a wanted ad in the Junkion Exchange forum:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=332

And I've never had reason to search for them, but it's likely some members here have sold their BW DVD sets in the past on the Junkion Exchange forum.

5. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    The main reason to get them are the audio commentaries by Ben Yee, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio on all three seasons, though Season 1's is difficult to hear as it sounds like Madman made them sit in a car on the freeway to record it. Season 2 is the best in terms of commentaries, they talk on all the important episodes

Season 3 probably has the best extras overall. In addition to Ben Yee, Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio on Optimal Situation and Other Victories, there's commentary by Mainframe animators for Proving Grounds and Nemesis Part 2, Simon Furman commentary on Nemesis Part 2, and commentary by Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Alec Willows for Beast Wars Parts 1 & 2.

They have pretty long interviews on them, about an hour each. A highlight is Scott McNeil dressed in a foam Megatron costume.

There's the usual Mainframe animatics and test animations, alternate textless openings and Canadian openings (BEASTIES) and toy galleries.

And of course, because Mainframe is a PAL production house, the transfer on this DVD is better than Rhino's, since PAL runs at a slightly higher resolution than NTSC.

6. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Hi. Sorry i'm getting back to you like two months later, but I live in Rolling Meadows Illinois, zip code 60005. Please get back to me if you can, my email adress is hulk23869@yahoo.com

7. Fit For natalie

News Credits: