Beast Wars Helmets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DinobotGrimlock, Jan 15, 2009.

1. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

This is probably an old topic but I was wondering why the Beast Wars figures had the two different faces and helmets? It just added an extra step to transforming them and I don't remember it ever being explained.

2. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They are "Mutant Masks." I guess they are for battle or something.

3. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    It was a sort of "transitional state" between the beast and robot modes. I'd imagine they would have had a story function within the original setting of Beast Wars, when it was still meant to be a direct continuation of G1/G2. But when the direction got changed, the idea was dropped. Aside from getting them used as the show faces for Tarantulas, Waspinator and Scorponok. I don't remember exactly - the Mutant Heads didn't go past about the third wave, did they?

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    They didn't go past the third waves, just on the ones you listed and Megatron, Rhinox, and Dinobot. Plus and 10th annivesary ones. I think that's it.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

6. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Well, K9 retained the Mutant Mask, but he was a remold of Wolfang, so it doesn't exactly count.

But, yeah. The first two assortments of Deluxes, Polar Claw, Scorponok, Optimus and Megatron, and any recolors/remolds. Kind of hard to imagine Waspinator with the toy's really generic robot head, isn't it?