Fan Art: Beast Wars: Golden Disc (artist wanted!)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Optimus Frimal, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

Well, I've been writing a script for a graphic novel set during season 3 of Beast Wars and I thought now would be a good time to try and get an artist to help me with it. The final script will be for a graphic novel sized comic, so probably 60+ pages. Unfortunately I have not the money to pay you for your services, however if you are trying to become an artist for a job, it may be useful for you as I will be showing it to Chris Ryall (Guy in charge of IDW):D  If you are unable to do 60+ pages (which is fair enough) but would like to help out, then you could design Cybertronian form Cybershark and Sky Byte for me and will be credited:D  So, to see if I can interest anyone, here are some script pages for you to look at:

PAGE 1:

PANEL 1:

(THE CAMERA IS POSITIONED BEHIND MEGATRON, SO THAT ALL OF HIM IS VISIBLE. G1 MEGATRON IS IN A METALLIC GREY ROOM, HE IS FACING A MASSIVE COMPUTER, ON THE SCREEN IS HIS FACE AND IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE SCREEN IS

WRITTEN REC. THE MEGATRON FACE ON THE SCREEN IS REPEATING WHAT MEGATRON IS SAYING)

MEGATRON: I am Megatron. Leader of The Decepticons.

PANEL 2:

(ZOOM IN SHOT ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN)

MEGATRON: I have chosen to make this, the second ‘Golden Disc’ in the year 2005. Soon we Decepticons will launch a final attack on Autobot City, Earth. The attack will finally crush what little resistance the Autobots still offer. However, should the unthinkable happen and the attack should fail, then I will be dead, so I leave this message to any Decepticon leaders in need of aid.

PANEL 3:

(THE CAMERA IS POSITIONED AT THE SIDE OF MEGATRON. DATA IS STREAMING FORTH FROM MEGATRON’S EYES IN THE FORM OF RED ‘LASER’ BEAMS, IN THE BEAMS ARE CYBERTRONIAN SYMBOLS. THE BEAMS ARE GOING INTO A SLOT IN THE COMPUTER CONSOLE, UNDERNEATH THE MAIN SCREEN, WHERE A PART OF THE GOLDEN DISC CAN BE SEEN STICKING OUT OF IT)

PANEL 4:

(ZOOM IN SHOT ON COMPUTER SCREEN)

MEGATRON: The data just downloaded onto this disc contains information regarding the most powerful Decepticon warship in existence, The Nemesis, and where to find it, so that she may rise again and crush the Autobots once and for all!

PANEL 5:

(THE CAMERA IS AT THE BACK OF THE ROOM SO THAT THE ENTIRE COMPUTER IS VISIBLE. MEGATRON IS LEAVING THE ROOM THROUGH A DOOR IN THE LEFT WALL, THE COMPUTER SCREEN IS FILMING THE BACK OF THE ROOM)

MEGATRON: End recording

PAGE 2

PANEL 1:

(SIDE VIEW. ALL OF MEGATRON AND PIRANACON IS VISIBLE AS WELL AS PART OF THE BASE. MEGATRON IS TALKING TO PIRANACON IN THE DECEPTICON BASE SEEN IN THE ANIMATED MOVIE. IN HIS LEFT HAND, HE IS HOLDING UP THE GOLDEN DISC TO PIRANACON. PIRANACON TOWERS OVER MEGATRON. PIRANACON IS STARING AT THE DISC)

MEGATRON: Piranacon, during the last ten years, you have proven yourself to be a more than worthy warrior, far beyond many other Decepticons, so I will entrust you with the safe keeping of this Golden Disc. It is of vital importance that this disc makes it to Earth, once there, hide it and then join us at Autobot City, hopefully the battle should be over by then. You will come with us on our shuttle from which we will launch our attack on the Autobot’s shuttle, at which point you will take our shuttle to the other side of the Earth. The Autobots should not trouble you, as they will be too busy dealing with us. Understand?

PIRANACON: Yes, we understand.

PANEL 2:

(THE CAMERA IS AT THE BACK OF THE SHIP, SO THAT PIRANACON IS VISIBLE AT THE FAR END, SITTING IN A CHAIR. MEGATRON IS ABOUT TO LEAVE THROUGH A DOOR INTO SPACE. HE IS LOOKING AT PIRANACON, WHO IS LOOKING AT MEGATRON)

MEGATRON: Do not fail me Piranacon

PIRANACON: We will not Megatron

PANEL 3:

(PIRANACON’S POINT OF VIEW. PIRANACON IS LOOKING OUT OF THE FRONT WINDOW OF THE SHIP, AT EARTH)

TEXT BOX (GREEN): Good. Our presence has gone undetected, just as Megatron predicted

PANEL 4:

(THE CAMERA IS BEHIND PIRANACON, THE BACK OF PIRANACON’S HEAD IS VISIBLE AS WELL AS THE FRONT OF THE SHIP. A SPACE ANOMALY IS BLOCKING THE VIEW OF EARTH. THE ANOMALY IS THE SAME IN APPEARANCE AS THE ONE DEPTHCHARGE ENTERED TO GET TO PREHISTORIC EARTH. THE GOLDEN DISC IS ON THE ‘DASHBOARD’ IN FRONT OF PIRANACON)

PIRANACON: What is that thing! Computer divert course, turn this ship around now!

TEXT BOX (LIGHT GREY): Negative, all directional systems are offline.

PANEL 5:

(THE CAMERA SHOWS ALL OF PIRANACON AND THE HOLE IN THE ROOF PIRANACON’S LEFT ARM IS HOLDING A LARGE, GREEN GUN, POINTED AT THE ROOF. IT HAS JUST BEEN FIRED AND THERE IS A SMOKING HOLE IN THE ROOF, THE DISC IS IN PIRANACON’S OTHER HAND)

PIRANACON: Time we make our own escape then!

PAGE 3

PANEL 1:

(THE CAMERA IS POSITIONED AT THE SIDE OF THE ACTION TO SHOW PIRANACON FIRING AT THE ANOMALY. THE ANOMALLY IS DRAGGING PIRANACON TOWARDS IT. PIRANACON IS GRASPING THE DISC TO HIS CHEST, HIS ARM WITH THE GUN IN IT POINTING OUTWARDS, WITH BRIGHT ORANGE LASER BEAMS FIRING OUT OF IT)

TEXT BOX (GREEN): No! Whatever that thing is, it’s pulling us straight into…

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS AT THE FRONT OF THE ANOMALY, SHOWING THAT PIRANACON IS ENTIRELY IN THE ANOMALY, EXCEPT HIS GUN ARM, WHICH IS POINTING OUT OF THE ANOMALY, STRETCHED OUTWARDS)

TEXT BOX (GREEN): …it!

PAGE 4

PANEL 1:

(THE CAMERA IS AT THE FRONT OF THE SCENE, TAKING IN THE WHOLE OF THE SCENE AS WELL AS THE SCENERY. IT IS PREHISTORIC EARTH, THE IDW DYNOBOTS, IN BEAST MODE ARE IN THE PICTURE. GRIMLOCK IS ATTACKING SLUDGE. SNARL AND SLAG ARE IN THE BACKGROUND EATING PLANTS. SWOOP IS IN THE AIR. THERE IS A BRIGHT ORANGE BALL OF FLAME IN THE SKY, IT IS HEADED TOWARDS EARTH)

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS ABOVE PIRANACON. PIRANACON IS STILL CLUTCHING THE DISC TO HIS CHEST AND HIS GUN ARM IS BY HIS SIDE. PIRANACON IS BURNING AND IS GLOWING ORANGE)

PIRANACON: I have failed you Megatron!

PANEL 3:

(THE CAMERA IS BACK IN THE SAME POSITION AS IN PANEL 1. THERE IS AN ATOM BOMB EFFECT AND THE EXPLOSION HAS THROWN THE ‘DYNOBOTS’INTO THE AIR)

TEXT: BOOM!

PANEL 4:

(CAMERA IS IN SAME POSITION. THE ‘DYNOBOTS’ LIE ON THE GROUND IN VARIOUS PLACES, DEAD. THE SCENERY IS BURNING AND THE LIGHTING HAS GONE DARK, AS IF IT WAS NIGHT TIME)

PANEL 5:

(THE CAMERA IS ABOVE PIRANACON, WHO IS IN A CRATER, HOLDING THE GOLDEN DISC ABOVE HIS HEAD, THE DISC AND PIRANACON ARE GLOWING)

(I just want to say the IDW Dynobots are just a cameo:D  )

2. Optimus Frimal

Well, I have an artist to do the Sky Byte and Cybershark Cybertronian forms, anyone interested in doing the actual graphic novel?
    Perhaps if I put up more script:

PAGE 5:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS BEHIND TRANSMETAL 1 MEGATRON, SO THAT THE BACK OF HIS HEAD AND MOST OF THE SCREEN IS VISIBLE. INSIDE THE DARKSIDE, MEGATRON IS ON A HOVER CHAIR, HE IS WATCHING A SCREEN, WHICH IS FLOATING IN FRONT OF HIM, ON THE SCREEN IS A PAIR OF STASIS PODS, THEY ARE IN THE SKY AND ARE BOTH BURNING AND GLOWING ORANGE)

MEGATRON: Excellent, fresh oil for the cause, yes. Dinobot!

PANEL 2:

(DINOBOT 2 IS ON A HOVER PAD, IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN. SIDE ON VIEW)

DINOBOT: You called?

Megatron: Yes, I did. You see that screen behind you? Those two stasis pods. I want them. Take Waspinator, Quickstrike and Inferno with you, just in case the Maximals show up and get them for me.

PANEL 3:

(SAME VIEW AS PANEL 2)

DINOBOT: And how, exactly, do you propose that we find these stasis pods once they land?

MEGATRON: Why Dinobot, I’m disappointed in you. Why, we wait…

PANEL 4:

(CAMERA IS POSITIONED SO IT GETS BOTH OF THE STASIS PODS IN, BOTH OF WHICH ARE STILL BURNING)

TEXT BOX (PURPLE): … and watch, as we Predacons have done for centuries now.

PAGE 6:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS ABOVE THE TWO STASIS PODS, STILL BURNING, BELOW THEM IS THE OCEAN)

PANEL 2:

(SIDE VIEW, THE STASIS PODS ARE ABOVE THE WATER AND ABOUT TO IMPACT WITH IT)

PANEL 3:

(STILL SIDE ON VIEW, THE STASIS PODS HAVE CRASHED INTO THE WATER, THE TOP OF ONE OF THEM CAN BE SEEN ABOVE THE FOUNTAIN OF WATER THAT WAS CAUSED BY THE IMPACTS)

PANEL 4:

(THE CAMERA IS ABOVE THE STASIS POD. THE STASIS POD IS LYING FLAT ON THE GROUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN)

TEXT BOX (GREY): Scanning for suitable alternate form

PANEL 5:
    (CAMERA AT THE SIDE OF THE STASIS POD, A SCANNER IS VISIBLE AND A YELLOW LIGHT ARC IS COMING OUT OF IT)
    PAGE 7:
    PANEL 1:
    (CAMERA IS IN FRONT OF A SHARK, THE ARC IS SWEEPNG OVER IT)
    TEXT BOX (GREY): Suitable alternate form selected. Preparing for form integration.

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS BACK ABOVE THE POD, THE ARC HAS GONE AND THE WINDOW ON THE POD IS GLOWING YELLOW)

PANEL 3:

(CAMERA IS BY THE SIDE OF THE STASIS POD, THE ‘CLAW’ HAND OF CYBERSHARK IS STICKING OUT FROM THE TOP OF THE POD)

TEXT BOX (GREY): Form integration complete.

PAGE 8:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS POSTIONED BEHIND RHINOX, THERE IS AN AXALON COMPUTER SCREEN IN FRONT OF HIM, THE SCREEN SHOWS AN OVERHEAD VIEW OF AN AREA OF MOUNTAIN/JUNGLE TERRAIN, INBETWEEN TWO MOUNTAINS, THERE IS A RED DOT. AROUND THE DOT THERE IS A RED OUTLINE OF A CIRCLE.)

RHINOX: Hmmmm. Strange

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS IN FRONT OF RHINOX, WHO IS SITTING ON A CHAIR, HIS NECK CRANING UP TO LOOK AT OPTIMAL OPTIMUS, WHO IS LOOKING AT RHINOX. THE BACKGROUND IS FROM THE AXALON/ARK BUILDING)

OPTIMUS: What is it?

RHINOX: It’s this, the computer is indicating that a massive power surge is occurring in the area indicated by the red circle, the dot being where the surge is at it’s strongest. But it’s impossible. Nothing that powerful could occur unless the Predacons were up to something on an absolutely colossal scale, or… or… oh I don’t know, a Decepticon was active in that area!

PANEL 3:

(SIDE VIEW, OPTIMUS IS LOOKING AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, HIS FACE LOOKS WORRIED)

OPTIMUS: Strange indeed. I’ll send Cheetor and Rattrap to investigate, you stay here and notify me if anything changes.

RHINOX: Will do.

3. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

id be interested in helping out mate if u wanna see my work look on the link for the fan fic idea for beast wars future on this site

4. Optimus Frimal

Just took a look at your work in the Beast Wars Future thread and all I can say is welcome aboard! I'll PM all the script I've written later:D  By the way, do you want to colour it? Or just draw it, as I've said it will be quite large, so you might want to save time by not colouring it, up to you though :D 

5. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

ill draw it and maybe attemp a page or 2 of colour to see how it looks