Fan Art: Beast Wars: Future Project Thread Mk. II

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Altitron, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Chapter 2: Part 3 - Dynobot Arrives

Next Part of Chapter 2 is up! Enjoy Comments and Critique more than welcome.
    Chapter 2: Part 3 - Dynobot Arrives

Also Lilwall i love the transformation sequence for the Spitfire bird.

2. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

Alti, not at all, feel free! :) 

i haven't done any sort of body detail design yet, i am working on a head design at the moment though.

still undecided on gender and faction however. i'm leaning towards female at the current moment

3. Admiral Lilwall

lol, righto then, female she is :)  will post up a head design in a little while

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I've got a design for her that I'd like to share. Well, a head shot, at least. I'll probably do a full body design tomorrow, if you like what I've got here thus far.

I've been calling her Valkyrie.

[​IMG]

Hope you dig it.

- Alty

Attached Files:

5. Admiral Lilwall

here's the head design i've been workin on too.

two mohawks on top, made of feathers. spikes on the sides with spear/arrow tip shaped earrings dangling from the lower spikes.

I figured her a Predacon. Given that spitfire birds seem to be the enemy of spitfire beetles, and the Maximal Sunburn is a spitfire beetle, that logically she should oppose that.

I'm thinking along the lines of a technological amazon warrior influence, sorta kinda. Was thinking her weapons could be a spear/polearm of some type, and a chemical spray rifle (think double barrel shotgun with two bottles of chemical mounted on top).

Thoughts/feedback?

Alti : -
    LOVE the Valkyrie name, and your head design is pretty awesome as well!

edit---
    Just for kicks I did up a pic of her Maximal protoform

Attached Files:

6. Admiral Lilwall

yeah i was wondering if maybe the two ideas could be forged together some way, i love the mohawks and spear tip earrings idea but i also love the feathered flame hair as well (fugging awesome btw). i also really like the visor you've got there too, i don't think it needs to be retractable at all, looks great as is

more than happy for you to play around with it :) 

7. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

Great collabaration guys. if i could make a suggestion. give her 1 mohawk and spear tip headphobes/ears like a night elf from WoW and keep the visor sorta giver her a mad max villan look ;)  i should healthy enough to post some pics soon. keep up the good work

-Jazz

8. Admiral Lilwall

i don't mind ditching the earrings or head spikes to be honest, but two mohawks would be awesome, and so rarely done before it would help to make her stand out :) 

i might change the top of my head design to work for some other character (not particulary for this project but who knows) and use the side spikes and earrings on someone else one day :) 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I've added some new instructions and list updates to the first post. Please review and continue to share your thoughts/ideas. :thumb 

10. Admiral Lilwall

Thanks for the update :) 

Valkyrie needs to be added to the pending Predacons,

11. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Just a thought here for Valkyrie, shoudln't it suit her character better if she only had one mohawk? It's more aerodynamic than two on your forehead, just considering she has a bird for altmode, shouldn't she be the perfect example of aerodynamics then?

12. jazz_00

i wouldn't think a mohawk would be aerodynamic, but u raise an interesting point Rhinox007.
    Id personally give Valkyrie a hair style like that or a " Parasaurlophus" google it if u arnt aware of what that is lol.

-Jazz

13. Admiral Lilwall

While still mulling over ideas for Valkyrie, I had another idea. This one is a Maximal Field Medic, named Amethyst. She takes on the form of a Roachcutter,

her head design is kinda inspired by the old cliche nurse's head piece. the colors will most likely change cause i don't particularly like em much :p 

I also had ideas for a female Cryptile character where the frills would take position to look as if they made a dress/skirt while in robot mode.

I notice no one has made use of a Swampus yet, BWF Claw Jaw perhaps? Or a maybe Skalor as a Lurkfish?

Attached Files:

14. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Great idea Jazz 00, if not also interesting, I yesterday say a documentary (Bite me with Mike Leahy 2(Australia)) And there lives this giant bird, the cassowaries and they've got this big hornlike comb on their head, looks traitening and certainly fits a bird. For the ones who want to see it:

YouTube - Bite Me With Dr. Mike - Bird Whispering in Australia

15. Admiral Lilwall

Here's some robot mode joy for Amethyst, haven't added roboty detailing on her legs and waist yet but this is the general idea. decided to keep the colours i used in the above post with her head shot in it.

AMETHYST
    Maximal Field Medic
    'Pain is a burden we all must carry. It's how we deal with it that defines us.'

Amethyst was one among many early Maximal medics, until the day when Restoration Chambers became mainstream, and she was left without work. She left the Maximal Medical Corps soon after, despite her outstanding record and the encouragement of her superiors to stay. She spent years hopping from job to job on older trade vessels and private ships but eventually even they would all upgrade to Restoration Chambers. With the prospect of medical work becoming quite bleak, she decided to become an explorer and found herself assigned to the Axalon.

Awakening in a combat situation was something of a shock, but it has also provided countless opportunities to perform the role of field medic. Whenever a comrade is shot down on the battlefield, she is there to patch them up. In robot form, Amethyst is armed with a heat ray gun, for defense purposes only. She will sometimes also make use of her laser scalpel to defend herself or a comrade if need be. She is an excellent medic, with many various tools built into her body. Can repair even the most extensive of damage with great precision and speed. In Roachcutter form, she has a top speed of mach 1.

She is not much of a fighter, and prefers not to engage in combat if possible, sticking to working as a rescue unit while in the field. Although she can handle high pressure situations, there can be times where there is little to no access to effective resources, which hampers her performance. She has little in the way of armor plating and cannot withstand much physical punishment.

Attached Files:

16. Admiral Lilwall

I think her and Scruffle would make for good friends (not love interests), as they both kinda carry a more civilian type nature about them I guess.

oh yeah, and don't pay too much attention to the color work of the beast parts on her, was just a quickie slap together

17. jazz_00

Some interesting ideas there Admiral. i have a re design of rampage using the lurkfish. there's just something about his character that seems to bond well with the idea of a lurkfish and the electricity it holds in its body.

-Jazz

18. Admiral Lilwall

What if the wings swing down and wrap around her waist to for a dress of sorts? with the tail feather coming around to the front making a loincloth type of deal as well. might also aid the look of medic/matron/nurse that i was going for, or at the least, sex her up a bit ;P everyone likes a sexy doctor, right?

Poggletrap: 'Well hellooooo!'
    Amethyst: 'Not unless you want your mouth soldered shut.'

19. Admiral Lilwall

Stepping away from the bipedal i wanted to try a four legged robot mode.

Picked a silver spider, calling her Kerosyn

1: Head splits down the middle and each half opens up/folds outward to make a platform. The two forward legs on each side snap together to form a single thicker leg, likewise for the rear ones.

2: Spider butt swings up and onto the base made from the head.

3: Arms unfold from the sides

4: Front facing splits and swings back to form shoulder mounted cannons while the upper back facing folds over to for the chest and reveal the head.

She's a real dead cold slaggin bitch. Cruel beyond measure, would sooner stab and pin her foes to the ground with her legs then hack and slash at them with her claw like hands than she would use her cannons, though ranged combat certainly sees those get used alot as well. Specializes in capture and torture, sees herself superior to all other forms of life, including other Predacons. A sadistic sociopath.

Head design also attached, one with her visor down, one with it up. enjoy :) 
    Body design in the works at the moment, will post in a couple of days.

Attached Files:

20. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Chapter 2 Part 4 - Terrorsaor Vs Airazor

Chapter 2 Part 4 - Terrorsoar Vs Airazor

- Also Alti, in regards to the updated front Page any chance you can add Torca on there as a pending design?

-Admiral I'm really enjoying all the new ORIGINAL characters you've been pumping out lately they are realy quit awesome.