Fan Art: Beast Wars: Future Project Thread Mk. II

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Altitron, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That plus not moving past the developmental stages of designing characters to making the story a visual reality.

That can change, though! Go forth and conquer!

2. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    To be honest, Rob has done a great job mitigating that tendency of ours.

- Alty

3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Gotta say that Rob doesn't get enough props for what he's brought to this project, especially after the last short while. Thanks a lot man!

Also, all of the work that has been done up to this point is GREATLY appreciated and respected by yours truly. I just want to see this project get to live its full potential :) 

4. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    Im doing my part too.

5. Altitron

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

- Alty

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I'd post a photo of Denise Richards, but I'm afraid it would distract you guys from keeping this project going on.

Now, back to work!

7. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cover WIP

[​IMG]

I just thought i share this little Wip. The stars aligned and Altitron and I hung out a weekend ago. After ward i was inspired to try my hand at drawing some stuff for BWF again.(lighten the burden for Aliti heh heh) This is the mock up cover for one of the later issues, where Tarantulas takes control of Valkyrie

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    ^ Well, ain't that awesome? :) 

9. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

indeed!

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I just thought I'd update these images so that the filesizes align with the board requirements. Please double check your siggys to make sure :D 

Attached Files:

11. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I updated the WIP. I know this isnt the place to post WiPs, so i just updated right over the original picture. I basically started from scratch and REALLY love this new one.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    You can always post a link to the thread at least :) 

13. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Hey guys,

I haven't been following the project lately due to the exams and I need to retake an exam next week... But that's not important right now. I want to bring something to your attention. For a few amount of days there have been reports on Deviant art (deviantart.com, for the one's working on this project who weren't aware of this yet, the art site we also use to collect our work on) about serious art theft. Here is one of the links to an news article about it: News: Massive Art Thief: Chad Lieberman.

If I have read the article carefully enough, I don't think our design's would be the victim of this disgraceful act, but there are enough finished pieces that this thief could see for 'pop-art' instead of high quality fan-project. I merely wabnt to point out that not all of earths inhabitants are as respectfull as we are, but we should be carefull with just posting our designs and storyarcs without any form of protection if we want to get any further with this. I don't think hasbro would appreciate it if the designs and other things are well spread. Nor it will it be beneficial for us if others steal our products and get a deal before us.

I know Altitron uses very adequat watermarks, but apparently the thief is very good at removing watermarks and replacing them by his own. I'll post this warning on our devart group as well and send it to Superquad7 ina pm.

I hope we can soon get together somehow to chat about this and protect our work, it would be a serious pain in the b*** if we lost all the effort put into this untill now.

Regards Rhinox007

14. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Apparantly the dev art group doesn't exist anymore, and I can't find anything about it in the forum, so I must have missed something. so, you can neglect that post entirely.

As for me further helping on this project shall be reduced to be giving constructive feedback if you guys want it, because my artistic skills aren't developped enough to contribute effectivly on this stage anymore. So, I'll try and give as much feedback as possible, but seeing the artwork, it'll only be positive since you guys are AMAZING, and I refer to you too rob, your writing is truly above the level of just 'good'. Beast Wars Future is lucky to have you as a writer.

So, keep up the good work guys.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Rhinox, thanks for the head's up. Basically, sharing your work is at the discretion of the artist, and we do what we can here at TFW2005.com to ensure that the artists here respect other artists' work to make things inviting for others to share here. Beyond that, we can't do a whole lot. While many artists (not all, as I don't along with quite a few others) use dA, it's a completely separate place from here, and thus it's not really a concern for us here. In fact, it only proves the benefit of uploading images as attachments here instead.

I distinctly remember KingStarscream having an illustration of Soundwave ripped off by a t-shirt company, so it's certainly not the first time something like that has happened in our fandom. Outside of TFW2005.com, it's simply up to each artist to be discerning to take measures to protect their work.

As always, if I can be of any help to any of you guys, don't hesitate to contact me :) 

That being said, game on!

16. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

I remember our project had a group on deviant art where our work had been posted, but I can't find any trace of that group anymore so no concerns to be made anymore for us at least.

17. Altitron

Ebay:
    That page not existing anymore is in no way related to any piracy attempts. The person who created that page, for whatever reason, decided to 'take their ball and go home'. We're better for it, and moving right along. Let's just do what best we can to continue progressing this project along. We've been making great headway these past couple of weeks.

- Alty

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Correct. Also, this is one reason why I'll continually encourage you guys to make sure you at least post your work here at TFW2005.com, both in this thread and in the Fan Art forums. By all means, share your work all over the web and such!

Keep up the good work, guys!

19. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

ooooh so that's what happened. wondered where that went

20. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

could i submit a design??