Beast Wars Future (comic)

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by NickSeibertron, Apr 11, 2018.

1. NickSeibertron

NickSeibertron Well-Known Member

yeti.jpg

Another Predacon I just straight up made up, with a name I don't think has been used before...?

Avalanche's beast mode is a future primate with a long snout. I just really liked the idea of an ape being one of the villains, what with Optimus Primal (truk not munkey, hurr hurr) being the face of Beast Wars and having such a legacy. Tall and kinda lanky, I hope it ages wel-

>sees Smallfoot trailer<

...oh.

And yeah, I used the illustration of her from page six for robot mode. It just seemed like a waste to try to recreate that now iconic (I guess?) pose and halfass it, you know?

Only one portrait left to go. You all know who it is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. agatharights

agatharights Bumblebee Connoisseur

You are seriously amazingly talented with character design and I'm incredibly inspired by all these!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickSeibertron

Thank you. I had to design all the characters, ships and machines in Planet Ripple. It's not easy building an entire world from the ground up, but it sure is fun. I put the same love into designing these characters. And on that note...

Gigatron.jpg

Behold, Gigatron. I put a lot of time into the bot mode's design. Really wanted it to steal the show. His beast mode is based on the Toraton, from The Future Is Wild. I know, right? How crazy is it that even the animal has a Megatrony-sounding name? I swear I didn't make that up. And with a neck like that to perform as the obligatory "my face is arm and/or fusion canon," he's a monster.

There have been other attempts at turning a Toraton into a transformer, but they're.... well, they're BW Megatron with a new skin. Still purple and "YESS" and pointy as hell. And that's great, but I wanted Gigatron to be his own man, not just another Megatron wannabe. So I went for a slimmer, more muted and streamlined look, not as loud or immediately threatening. Basically he's hiding his power level to get you to lower your guard.

Aaaand that's all of the main cast!

4. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Awesome. :) 

5. Furnace

Furnace The original Starscream

Can I just take a moment to gush about your Gigatron design? It's one of my favorite villain designs. Both modes are great, but I especially love the parts placement on the bot mode. The color palate is great too! My favorite part though, is how expressive his face is. You really pulled off the whole veiled menace thing here. I can just feel him seizing me up with those calculating eyes. He's probably thought up a million ways to kill me in the time I've spent staring at him! All in all, well done!

6. NickSeibertron

Thank you. Granted, he's not quite THAT vicious... more judgemental.

7. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

granted some are maybe your own design but even on your DA says was other peoples work and even Gigatron is not original in any case in any case Can see the original Ourselves did work on back over a year ago Beast Wars Future - Megatoran

8. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

9. NickSeibertron

Geez, dude. It sounds like you're trying to cut me down a peg, put me in my place. You only forgot to say "EXPOSED."

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  10. NickSeibertron

I just don't get this attempt to "A-HA! Got you." I've been open from early on that I, like other BW fans, was inspired by works like "The Future Is Wild" and wanted to see those animals in a Transformers story. I wasn't the first to have the idea and never claimed to be. But I WAS the first to make it anything more than a backdrop or a gimmick. To expand on the concept and make a full narrative out of it, to flesh it out and make a complete-feeling story that actually goes somewhere. I set out to do it and I finished it. I made the Predacon leader a Toraton because that's basically become tradition, BUT I tried to do it in a new way, less in your face than that other design (that was essentially the same Megatron from OG Beast Wars). Gigatron is his own man.

But to say there isn't any originality to it whatsoever is really insulting. Are you dismissing the effort I put into designing the robot modes? Figuring out their transformations? Their personalities? The time it took to complete the project? Are you trying to frame me as some kind of fraud? Really?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  11. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Some people just don't like it when people try their own thing, Nick. Just ignore him, trust me, it's not worth your time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NickSeibertron

Tetronimo.jpg

Kirkkerman's OC, a Predacon combiner made of four Spitfire Beetles. Hence the name essentially meaning a unit made of four components. Spitfire Beetles are another species from "The Future Is Wild," which team up to catch larger prey like Spitfire Birds. They huddle together and spread their shells to impersonate a flower and gang up on any bird fooled by the disguise.