Beast Wars Forever Movement

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimalFury, Mar 12, 2018.

?

Do you want more Beast Wars stories and CHUG figures?

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    The amount of people who would rather have some obscure G1 character who had no personality or backstory over updated version of characters like Terrorsaur or Tarantulus makes me sad. :(  I mean i know that G1 is pretty much a Sacred Cow, but would it kill people to let some other continuities have a day in the limelight for a change?

• Like Like x 5
  2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    It's because even low-exposure characters have a following.

BW got quite a few homages/releases since it came out. Hell Terrorsaur and Tarantulas both got an update in the Dawn of Predacus set. FunPub has homaged BW a few times thru either Botcon release or Subscription figures.

Also to be completely blunt the BW reborn/Telemocha figures make them almost look screen accurate as it is.

So Beast Wars got:
    Main line
    Repaints in the Universe line
    10th anniversary
    Telemocha (which are damn near perfect, IMO)
    Reborn
    Robotmasters
    Timelines/Subscription
    Botcon
    Generations
    Legends (Rhinox, Waspinator, Ratrap)
    Masterpiece

I understand some of them are exclusives or from Japan, but lets be honest, the only people trying to bring back BW are collectors, kids could probably care less. With the exception of the botcon sets, none of them are hard to track down.

In my opinion there are a few problems going with a full line
    1.) It's not like G1 where you are improving upon a brick. BW figures robot modes had pretty good articulation as it is
    2.) I would say about half the classic/generations figures were good, and only two were better than the originals (Rhinox and Rattrap)
    3.) I think people are going to be disappointed with how light the figure is compared to the original. My guess is the POTP will be half the weight of the original
    4.) Little bit harder to repaint as other characters. People don't want a white Cheetor as Tigatron, or a Tarantulas mold as Black Arachnia, they would want them to be all new molds.
    5.) G1 buyers want screen accuracy, in BW most figures are a lot closer and there is a lot smaller cast to choose from.
    6.) Everything we hear from Hasbro, animal characters don't sell as well as vehicles.

3. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do yout realize the mayority of the season characters are not acurrate or have bad articulation the only good figures are the transmetals, the transmetals 2 were crap i would enjoy a transmetal 2 cheetor and dinobot the dragon megatron is horrible have you look that face , armada also need updates the rest of the g1 characters missing didnt have personalities, all mayor player are there, when outback do something remarkable??

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    He exists.
    That's more remarkable than anything all the Starscreams combined ever did.
    Fuck the fiction. I buy the toys because I like the designs, not because of what one dimensonial "personality" the writers gave it.
    But I agree on many of the BW toys having poor articulation.
    That's why I disagree the Transmetals don't need updates, Megatron and Tarantulas could do with a better looking toy in the first case and a better articulated toy in the second case.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Outback helped Blaster find Ramjet and Dirge who were hiding in a fake middle eastern country in five faces of darkness with his fake "decepticon finder" and then helped Bumblebee and the season 3 minibots fight Trypticon. HA!

• Like Like x 1
  6. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    really and what else??? he was a background character dude like mainly all g1 character except for. optimus prime. megatron, starscream. bumblebee,rodimus, springuer, arcee, blurr, whellie. grimlock. soundwave, galvatron, wheeljack, ratchet, ironhide, percepetor, powerglide ,soundwave, shockwave , kup, scourge. cyclonus the mayority of them dont do anything they are just fillers ,

7. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    He also helped find the Quintessons' journal. He was in the UK Comics and the IDW comics quite a few times.

I'll leave this here so you can read up on this prominent character
    Outback (G1) - Transformers Wiki

Joking aside, I would say he had about as much characterization as Quickstrike or Scorponok

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Incidentally, I've had a very taxing day at work today, so on an exhausted whim I thought I might stop by the local Big Lots on the way home...it's about four minutes from my house. Anyway, all this talk about Beast Wars made me really regret selling my DVDs, and this particular store was where I had inexplicably found them the first time nearly a year ago or so. I thought just for kicks I'd stop by and see if they actually still had any...it was such a rare and bizzare find the first time, and I had only seen that one set I bought the one time and never again...but what could it hurt to check, right? Well, to my surprise and utter disbelief, they actually had one. (lol) By the way, it's actually a two-disk set of Seasons 2 and 3, not 1 and 2, as I had misremembered. What are the odds that I'd find this one lone copy on a whim after selling the only one other copy I had ever seen in stores? I guess it was my lucky day after all..

So you Beast Wars fans will be proud to know I got my Seasons 2 and 3 back. (lol)

9. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I believe once he threw a boomerang

10. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

BW and BM was one cohesive story, of you want to say that's 2 than so be it, energon and Cybertron were not truly meant to be related, RID is the sequel to Prime but 2 completely different shows, most series are a retelling of G1 with diffrences, instead of just energy, throw in minicons / Keys / etc. Point is that 95% is a G1 retelling, Autobots vs Decepticons, not Maximals and Preds etc

11. PrimalFury

Maximals and Predacons can have vehicle alt modes also, I wouldn't be opposed to that, I'd really love to see factions other than just Autobots and Decepticons.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm all for...well anything being an option as long as it doesn't present an obstacle for my own interests (which is currently Masterpiece Diaclone and G1). Only whrn that starts happening I start to raise a rucus.

I may be "one of those G1 fans", but not so much that I don't want others who like different things than me to never have their fun, too. I want there to be room enough for all.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Correction: Sorry...it's a four-disk set, not two.

14. PrimalFury

Has anyone been using the hashtag on hasbros social media pages?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Not that I disagree with your post overall, but does counting the American and Japanese versions separately really work? You make it sound like Generations had more characters or something. It was the same four moulds just in slightly different decoes.

16. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    This isn't related to me right? Because I'm pretty sure everyone's familiar with the characters I've mentioned.

17. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    Oh, I forgot about Tankor. He could really use a Voyager.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Actually when I was listing them I meant the LG-EX releases which were different colors. I believe the regular legends versions were the same as the US. The point I was trying to make was, there has been quite a few BW figs released since the main line.

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    You want appreciation from G1 fans for your favorite characters which you like for your own personal reasons, but you don't feel the need to show appreciation to G1 characters others like for their own personal reasons.
    Funny that.
    Again, some people never cared about the fiction, they are in it for the toys and would like better articulated and better detailed versions of those characters.
    They would also like those characters to appear more in current and future fiction.
    I always rated characters like Skullgrinn, Mindwipe, Barrage, Topspin, Scattershot etc much higher than the likes of Bumblebee or Starscream. They are the real fillers.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    i want appreaciation for everything dude i also like uc animated all i understand g1 is the basic but lets not lie ourselves if wasnt for headmaster i wouldnt care about sixshot dont take me wrong i like g1 for what it is but it has too many characters that was one of the reasons i enjoy more season 3 than the 2 one the focus on the smaller cast, when they introduce so many characters you can develop them properly the designs are good but sorru story wisea the mayority not all didnt show great things