Beast Wars Forever Movement

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimalFury, Mar 12, 2018.

?

Do you want more Beast Wars stories and CHUG figures?

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm all for it. There has to be a point where it's gotta happen one way or another.

2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

We have to make it happen, the best way to predict the future is to create it. Join with me and together we will make this dream a reality. Screenshot_2018-03-12-20-28-28-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I was wondering about this the other day. If we do somehow get a beast themed line I can very well see it being a mix of both the BW characters along with characters from other eras like G1 in beast modes to use as both retools and for future lines to use. For example I can see the Mistress of Flame from IDW be a Firebird from Russian Mythology.

4. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    so beast wars and beast machines were just one story, but the unicron trilogy was three and prime and rid15 were two? kinda flawed logic there, huh?

also, every other show you named besides cyberverse was a far cry from g1.

5. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I enjoy dropping characters from previous lines into the current comics. But if you're gonna make a dedicated Beast Wars comic, make a friggin Beast Wars comic, not "literally every beast character except the ones on Beast Wars" or "how can we basically make Beast Wars a continuation of the G1 great war."

I also enjoy Uprising, for what that's worth. It benefits from being an entirely new continuity, so who cares how it does or doesn't jive with the show. And if we absolutely have to connect the story to G1, I think it does a good job of placing the story in a distant time when G1 is still there, but fading and decrepit and past its time. It makes the era feel separate and distinct from G1, not a direct continuation where there's no breathing room between the two.

6. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Well, I don't read the IDW comics (for a multitude of reasons), but I think throwing in random characters form other continuities is kinda stupid. :p  If you want BW characters in a comic, make a freakin' BW comic!

7. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've always been intrigued by Beast Wars Transformers...they came out around the time I was beginning college, and at first I hated them. How dare Hasbro and/or Takara make these Transformers wannabes? Being a lifelong G1 fan, I wasn't interested in anything that didn't resemble the original concept, although there were a number of G1 Transformers that transformed into animal forms...

Well, I also worked part-time at Walmart around the same time, and I began noticing these new Transformers in the toy aisle...they seemed to sport much better articulation than the figures I grew up with. They just seemed much more like actual action figures than the originals, so I was intrigued. I remember almost buying the original Optimus Primal or Megatron once at a local Sears store...they had them both in one of those obscure, unexpected toy aisles they used to occasionally have, and I came so close to getting them, but ultimately I choked and walked away...

Some time later, as I was still working at Walmart and going to school, the Transmetals sub-line debuted, and again I was so tempted to get Optimus Primal and Megatron, but again I passed on them. They just looked so dynamic in their vac-metal chrome colors, and they even more-resembled the traditional Transformer beasts I was accustomed to.

I finally graduated college with a BS in education, and my first job was about eight minutes from my grandmother's house, which in turn was close to my house. Most evening we'd all congregate at my grandmother's for supper, and occasionally I would come in and watch some mindless afternoon programming, much like I did as a kid. (lol) Well, I caught Beast Wars Transformers on one particular afternoon (or is it Transformers Beast Wars?), and to my surprise, I quite enjoyed it. So for the next little while, I'd come in at my grandmother's, and I'd watch Beast Wars whenever I could catch it on, and one evening they aired the episode where they tell part of the G1 storyline, going back to the beginning of the original show, even. I was suddenly very excited, and I felt like they had finally acknowledged the original mythos, and it kind of lent some credibility to Beast Wars for me, when it really didn't need to, I guess...it seemed to stand on its own two legs, so to speak, just fine, but to me it was nice that they incorporated it into the established lore. By the way, I never did see the second part of that episode...the last thing I remember was seeing Megatron hovering above Optimus Prime's immobilized form, threatening to destroy the Matrix, and Prime along with it, forever altering the history of the Transformers...

Fast forward a few years later...I had been working at my teaching career, and finally I had some disposable income I could devote to collecting, and incidentally I was experiencing a period of obsession with anything Transformers-related. And yes, I finally bought a few Beast Wars figures. I finally had that Transmetals Megatron I had wanted a few years earlier, along with a carded Silverbolt, a MISB Tigerhawk, and the Takara black panther...I can't remember his name, but I remember him being a repaint of Cheetor. Sadly, I never opened any of them and enjoyed them...in a fit of insanity, I purged all of my Transformers for Star Wars collectibles, and I regret it to this day. If anything, I'd love to have that Tigerhawk back...I understand he goes for quite a bit these days... *sigh*

Anyway...moving forward, I have been tempted to start a new Beast Wars collection...the recent MP figures have been so tempting, and I came close a few times in getting the "Thrilling 30" Rhinox...he really looks fantastic. Oh, and I have bought some IDW Beast Wars comics in the past, and I used to have the first two seasons of the show on DVD, although I've since sold them, unfortunately. I think I even have some Beast Wars Kre-O figures that are still sealed in the plastic. So there's evidence in my collection that it still piques my interest...I guess I just consider myself a G1 fan first, and there's always a G1 figure I still want more than I do anything Beast Wars-related. But I still find them all very interesting. I like the feral, beastly nature their faces are always sculpted in, and I love the biological look their robot modes have...they don't necessarily look very mechanical. They look more organic in nature, and I find that very cool.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I love beast Wars and all power to you and your campaign. I'd love to see the Beast Wars story continue or be reimagined in some way in the future....however I shan't be getting on Hasbro's case about it because...well I doubt they will listen and I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

On another note, do we really need another thread like these?
    Odds of a Beast Wars rebirth?
    Generations: Beast Wars - Speculation
    Beast Wars Appreciation Thread

Edit: links fixed, thanks for the heads up @barry

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I would love a great new BW fiction like MTMTE or BW Uprising.
    In fact a comic adaptation and perhaps expansion of Funpubs BW Uprising fiction would hit that sweet spot just right.
    But it would have to be well written.
    I don't think IDW or Machinima are capable of that.

As for toys, there a number of BW toys that need an update, but there are still a bucketload of G1 and G2 toys that need updates.
    So a sprinkling of BW toys in future sublines would be ideal, but I don't want BW toys at the expense of Deluxe Insecticons Brainmasters, Triggerbots or Pretenders

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

True. How many fucking Optimus Primes, Bumblebees and Starscreams do we need?

I'd be more interested in the fiction to be honest. Preferably a story where Rattrap dies.

IDW did a great job with the Ascending and the Source book.

One of my favourite toys is Device Label Tigatron. I wouldn't mind seeing more Beast Warriors redone in the G1 blocky animal style.

Of course any pre Beast toy like Longrack is also welcome.

Oh and for God's sake, there's no excuse for modern animal Transformers not to be able to open and close their mouths. Masterpiece Ravage is an oxymoron conceived by an obviously oxygen deprived moron!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Transformers from other series turned into Beasties. Cybertron Ransack shared a mold with Rattrap. I wouldn' mind a Rattrap retool and re paint as long as they give Ransack his proper robot head not the buck tooth atrocity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    When will people realize that Hasbro won't make every toy ever? Chances are, we'll see a retail CHUG Skyquake before we'll a new CHUG Bantor. And that makes me warm and snuggly inside.

12. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i just want a deluxe season 1 airrazor. I doubt that will ever be made though. I'm actually really content with most Beast Wars figures and don't think they need a rehash.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    I agree that few of them require updates. I think it's more like I just want MORE Beast Wars stuff to enjoy. Sadly, Hasbro has become an IP driven company so they're firmly on the plan of making toys of 99% established characters, this means that we will probably have to settle on new toys of old characters that may have gotten pretty good toys in the past.

New Beast characters seem pretty much impossible at this point. It's too much of a risk, evidently.

You may have some valid points here. It's possible that what made BW so good at the time was unique to that era. Today, that balanced kind of storytelling is a long lost art. It's either just a bit too smart for its own good (some of the IDW stuff) where it may be good storytelling but it loses its charm as part of the TF universe...IMO) or it's immaturely grim-dark in a cringey, profoundly non-self aware way (The Machima crap)... A smart, charming, warm, clever show like BW is probably never going to happen again.

Secondly, the market has changed...say what you will, we get a lot less for our money and even if the figures are more sophisticated in a number of ways, they're could feel junky by comparison. A figure with the materials, electronics, vac metal treatment like Optimal Optimus would be a $100 toy today. I'm looking forward to the PotP Primal but it's a far cry from the 1998 figure.

14. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    As others have said, I'm not sure if many of the figures really need an update. Personally the POTP Primal is worse than the original release. With the exception of some of the show characters, I feel the original figures are more than adequate, everything was already pretty possible, and with the exception of some of them not being show accurate, I'm not sure what you would want improved. Also, there are so many other characters I would rather have done, before BW figs. I think sprinkling them in to the main line is a better way to go, rather than making it a full line.

Right, because most of the main cast didn't get 2-3 figures.....hell in the original run they got more updates than most G1 figures
    Optimus Primal:
    Bat -> monkey -> Transmetal -> Optimal -> BM Deluxe -> BM Mega -> BM Supreme
    Cheetor
    Cheetah -> Transmetal -> Transmetal 2 -> Fox Kids Deluxe -> Fox Kids Transmetal-> Nightslash Cheetor -> BM Mega -> BM Supreme
    Megatron
    Gator -> T-Rex -> Transmetal -> Transmetal 2 -> BM Mega -> Megabolt
    Tarantulas
    Tarantula -> Transmetal-> Fox Kids Transmetal
    Rhinox
    Rhino -> Transmetal -> Fox Kids Deluxe -> Fox Kids Transmetal -> Tankor (Technically)

vs - G1 where with the exception of a few, most only got an original release and a action master
    Optimus Prime
    Original -> Power Master -> Action Master
    BumbleBee
    Original -> Goldbug -> Pretender -> Action Master
    Starscream
    Original -> Pretender -> Action Master
    Grimlock
    Jazz

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    More Beast Wars toys? Yes. More stories based on Beast Wars? Eh...kind of.

Unfortunately, Hasbro isn't necessarily willing to dive into other continuities within the Transformers franchise other than Generation 1...which is getting very annoying at this point.

16. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    I want WFC to be mainly BW and UT updates mixed with SOME G1. Throw in a Prime Knock Out and Airachnid and we're all good. Also, my UT Jetfires and Wing Sabers BETTER be good.
    Now that you mention it, you somewhat have a point there. It's always been "Season 1-4" G1 characters only. I've been wishing for characters in the Japanese continuity to get some figures like come on. I want a Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, Roadfire, Star Saber, and Deathsaurus.
    Price.:bay 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus TFW2005 Supporter

I'm all for new BW toys.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I think there are more BW toys that could do with an update than many are willing to admit.
    Whether those updates would be an improvement in everything besides articulation is another matter.
    But I still mainly want updates to as yet unupdated G1 and G2 characters.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for years for a Deluxe Class Lio Convoy with a Liger Zero alt mode. So, I guess that's a yes for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

I want new Beast Wars toys after John Warden isn't in charge of them anymore. Optimal Optimus sucks.