Beast Wars DVDs, is there any reason to buy Shout's?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I have the Rhino BW DVDs and outside of audio dropouts in the first episode on the 5.1 audio track, there are no issues. And since Shout's releases do not even have 5.1 audio, this is not an issue. So, is there any reason I should buy Shout's BW DVDs or should I just stick to Rhino's? I mean, I've also heard Shout's are the edited Fox Kids versions, is this true?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You don't really have to because the Shout Factory realese isn't all too different from the original Rhino DVD. However the Shout Factory DVD is a GREAT chance for people who missed out on the Rhino DVD.:) 

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Thanks.

So does this mean that Shout's are not edited versions of the show?

I guess the only reason to get the Shout releases would be the condencing of the shelf space.

4. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

True. That's nice.

Also the packaging can't just open / doesn't require a rubber band or whatever to remain closed when standing and there aren't objects pressed against the packaging.

If you buy the complete series, you get a (scaled-down) copy of the BotCon exclusive prequel comic, which is now rare and hard to find (at a good price).

Also, the Shout! version has Hasbro's Aaron Archer saying (with a straight face) that a lot of fans want to see more adventures with Optimus Primal and company, and he'd like to make that happen. This is almost exactly what he said, and it was recorded in 2011, a year that Hasbro made NO Beast Wars or Beast Machines figures. I chuckled a little the first time I watched that part of the featurette. Second time, I growled.

You may miss the animated menus from Rhino.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just finished watching my Shout! set, as I got it as a Christmas gift. I've been doing marathons for the last few days now, and have had a blast :) 

I'm on the other end of this spectrum, as I'd like to have the Rhino sets. I have no major reason for it aside from just wanting to own both. I'm not aware of any differences, but I'd probably not be the person to ask here.

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I thought the bitrate was higher on the SHOUT! set? I remember someone saying that on here.

7. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

Beast Wars season 2 & 3 kick ass!

8. OhMyGosh

OhMyGosh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, I'd like to get Beast Wars on DVD, but Sadly I'm in Area 4, are there any companies that have released BW that are Area 4 compatible?

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would buy the Shout version to save space on my DVD shelf. The 3 individual Rhino DVDs take up more space than Shout's BW box set when bunched together.

10. lieutenantjazz

lieutenantjazz Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just me, but the shout dvds look better.