Minor/Repaint: Beast Wars Dinobot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by _Flashback_, Dec 7, 2010.

1. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Greetings fellow Radicons, I know I haven't posted much here lately but I still lurk and appreciate everyone's hard work. I do have something to share tonight, a custom I've had completed for a long time but for some reason never shared on this board. I give you my old-school Beast Wars Dinobot.

This figure was created from the Fox Kids repaint of the Kenner mold, the head swap from Armada Hoist, and a lot of paint. I made this back in 2003 or so and it sat ever since. All details were painted with metallizers, the red stripes were painted brown, and the whole thing was given a few coats of clear. He's not perfect but Im rather proud of how it turned out. I'll be placing him on Ebay shortly. Onto the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Very cool. The paint turned out great and held up even better

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Very cool looking Dinobot. Paint looks clean. The thing that would make this lookk so much better, would be if you painted his dino eyes instead of leaving them green. Still it's a very well done custom. Some day I'll get back to my classics Dinobot.

4. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the kind words gang. This mold has been overshadowed by the Henkei release in many people's eyes, including my own, but this mold still has its charms and a lot of memories.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. The Henkei will never actually be Dinobot, just an homage figure of Dinobot. This is the Dinobot toy, and you did great work.