beast wars deaths

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Sep 14, 2007.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

How did the scorpion and terrorsaur died in the beast wars?

2. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

They were killed when a transwarp shockwave rocked their lair. I think they fell into some sort of liquid pool (melted?) but I might be slightly off.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They were knocked into the lava by the transwarp wave.
    They promptly melted, even though Terrorsaurs hand was shown glowing like those who went Transmetal did.

You'd think they would have tried to get rid of the lava, or at least cover it. The Pred base always was a death trap to any who couldnt fly or had a floating chair.
    I'm thinking If Terrorsaur hadnt been melted, likely Megatron would have destroyed him at some point anyway.

EDIT: Damn, beaten while I was typing.

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Yep...from what I remember they (Scorponok & Terrorsaur) fell into the lava...

Waspinator fell into the Med pool...

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Clearly you don't understand the concept of feng shui. Covering the lava would have totally upset the Darkside's yang.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Lava killed them.I missed Terrorsaur,I would of wanted to see him as a Transmetal.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    :lol 
    I knew there was a reason my room had a bad vibe to it. Better uncover that lava then.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Both were glowing, but they melted.

Waspinator would've been Transmetal too, if he hadn't of been the CR tank.

9. devilsknight

devilsknight Banned

Well he sort of was Transmetal...in toy form !

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They made a 3d model of his Transmetal form along with Airrazor's and Waspinators for the Beast Wars Transmetals game for N64 + PS2.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Don't know about you guys...but BW lost a little something after the TM thing happened...

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    A couple of Meat Formers? :lol 

What do you mean? The Transmetals didnt look as good? Or the show in itself?
    The only thing that stood out to me was how rarely the Transmetals used their Beast Forms. (Except Rampage)

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    BW got way better after the TM showed up. It became more of a show and less of a cartoon.

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Yeah they died all right, but here's a question... If lava kills Predacons why didn't Megatron die when Tarantulas and Quickstrike dropped him into the pool surrounding the Ark? Talk about consistency between continuity. (And don't give me any of that bull plop about how Megs was already a Transmetal and Terrorsaur and Scorponok weren't. I mean if Inferno can survive being blown up at close range to Energon crystals then Terrorsaur and Scorponok should have survived too... I think IDW should include them in their comics as Forgotten Soldiers of the Beast Wars absorbed into Ravages' army... Heck even Ravage, Waspinator and Tarantulas survived getting blown up all the time. Even when spider-bot bit off more then he could chew with the Vok.)

It was a cheap cop out in order to maintain budget on the animation after being witness to Maximals and Predacons slagging each other like hell all through Season One to eliminate them in such a lah-de-dah manner was just plain ludicrous... At least let them go out fighting...Despite my earlier remark I think Inferno should have died in that explosion at the end of Season Two too, his screen time in season three was a poor imitation of his past self.

15. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Maybe the complete TM body has a bit of the old immunity to lava that the Decepticons had.

Also, Tarrantulus has "other origins" to the rank and file Predacons, and Megs had the original Megatron's spark in his chest, so maybe they had special powers to be more immune.

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    There's a BW game for N64??? *runs off to evilbay*

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron was infused with G1 Megatron's spark. The lava influenced his beast mode. (Megatron even comented that the lava made him stronger as he absorbed Megs' spark and the heat energy)

Terrorsor and Scorponok were not powerful enough to survive.

18. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been a while since I watched BW (I really need to have a DVD marathon sometime soon), but wasn't it because the raw energon didn't affect their systems the way it did in their pre-TM forms? Thus, their alt forms weren't as vital in that environment anymore?

19. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

You'll probably hate... everyone who isn't me seems to hate the Transmetals game for N64 :rolleyes2 

But yeah I definitely missed Terrosaur and Scorponok when they died. What's worse was that the only mention they got was when Blackarachnia used them as an excuse when she didn't want him to slag her:

"And since I don't see Scorpnok or Terrorsaur with you I'm betting you need troops"

But I'd rather them get SOME kind of death rather than, as I like to say, "going on vacation" like characters like Tracks, Hoist, Grapple, and such did during G1 :lol 

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Inferno was supposed to die at the end of season two but for some reason they brought him back again.

Waspinator was meant to die instead of Terrorsaur but due to him being a bit of a fan favourite they kept him alive. I think it would have been better if Terrorsaur had been killed by the alien base or something at the end of season one, but I guess at that point the writers didn't know who they had to kill off.