Beast Wars Collection!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StarscreamTM, Sep 4, 2012.

1. StarscreamTM

StarscreamTM Member

Hello all,

I had a few questions about my Beast Wars Transformers collection that hopefully I can get resolved here.

First, I was wondering if this is a decent collection of toys to hang on to, as I have a little more than 30 here in my collection.

Second, I was wondering what a collection like this might be worth. They have been played with, and some of the transmetals do show some wear. Most of the smaller ones are complete. Some of the bigger ones like Optimus and Rampage are missing a weapon. Megatron is complete.

Pictures are below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully you guys can give me some kind of feedback :D  As it would truly be helpful!

Thanks!

2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love your shots. b'boom and megatron really stand out there.

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
  4. StarscreamTM

StarscreamTM Member

Excellent, i didnt see that thread come up. thanks for the kind words!

im new to this forum so im still getting acquainted with everything ahha

5. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    To be honest, most Beast Wars figs don't really fetch a fortune right now.

Most of the basics/deluxes you've got there are only between $10-$20 each. Scorponok can go for a good amount if he's complete and in decent condition (i.e., the clip for his bee launcher isn't completely degraded). Complete and in good condition, he can fetch about $40-$50 by himself.

Rampage and Depth Charge are really missing too many pieces to be of much value. Honestly, in their condition, if you've got any sentimental value attached to them, it'd be better just to keep them. (although if you want to pick up a few more parts for Depth Charge, I'm actually selling some at the moment *shameless plug*)

Megatron might be worth something since he's complete, but I'm not entirely familiar with what (I went after the 10th Anniversary version of the mold, I was never interested in the original). Primal missing accessories is unfortunate, he's not really worth a whole lot incomplete.

Hope this was helpful.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lois like you've got a couple Japanese exclusives there. Those, even loose, could be worth something alone.

7. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Keep them all except for Airhammer, Scorponok, and Cybershark.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  8. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Which ones are Japanese exclusives? They all look like the American Hasbro releases to me.

9. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't see any exclusives in there. The only variants/exclusives are Video Razorclaw and Black Prowl.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I THINK that's rockbuster in the picture with the transmetal rhinox, isn't it?? And I can never tell the difference between lazorbeak and hydra.. so that may be either or there..

11. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I'd hold onto that Scorponock if I were you.

12. StarscreamTM

StarscreamTM Member

unfortunately, scorpinok isnt in that great of shape, he's missing his missiles, and the trigger on his Cyber Bee is broken.

13. StarscreamTM

StarscreamTM Member

I have these going on eBay, I honestly just dont know what they're worth..all of them are in used or "played with" condition. some of them (pretty much close to all of the transmetal ones have some of the paint chipping off). Most of the smaller ones, Airazor, razor claw, armadillo etc.. are all complete and in pretty good condition.

the bigger ones (other than Megatron who is complete) either have 1 small broken part or are missing a missile or some kind of accessory. With them being in "used" condition, I have no idea what they are worth. I have more than 30 in the lot and have already had a few offers.

I guess a question to ask to you guys would be If you saw this lot of beast wars, and it said items were played with when younger, not missing any main parts (ie..head,legs,arms) but may be missing accessories and/or maybe have loose(ish) joints or paint wearing off. What would be the most you would pay, and/or what do you think it could go for?

i myself have seen lots similar to mine (but detailed as being "mint condition" or "not played with" ) go for upwards of $300.00 without boxes.

any thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Between 50-100 but a lot closer to 50.

15. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    As a person that's been collecting sealed specimens of late, I can tell you that even most sealed figures are rediculously cheap, a few are still almost at their original retail prices. Loose figures are and would be very cheap, incomplete would be even cheaper. Who knows though, the 20th anniversary is coming up, maybe their prices will shoot up a bit. I'd say your collection would be between $100-200 total.

16. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

I'd say around $50-$60 depending on the auction. Now I'm no expert on BW's toys but I was able to pick up most of what you have along a few others that was complete around 4 months ago for $75 shipped (~$60 bid ~$15 shipping).

17. StarscreamTM

StarscreamTM Member

thanks for the input guys, i really appreciate it. Kinda sad to let these guys go, i just dont have space for them anymore :( 

It wont stop me from being a diehard Beast Wars fan though ;) 

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Iv sold my beastwars collection twice already. Twice iv bought them back. The second time arnd though I only bought the ones I really REALLY liked.

19. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Ah, I see. Regardless, Rockbuster and video Razorclaw are nigh identical, and I can't tell, but the other guy is Lazorbeak (Hydra has a silver face and thighs, along with some silver in beast mode).