Beast Wars Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ORIO, Nov 23, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

The line is "Classics". I don't want to see start seeing BW and other characters get redone before we at least get the bulk of 1984 and 85 characters done properly.

Once they're out of the way, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Blackarachniaand Dinobot.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, the line will be "Universe". ;) 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather have updated versions of the G1 Animals like Seacons and Predacons but if BW classics end up having a new Rampage I'd have no problems.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's a shame because the deluxe BWX Primal is completely awesome.

5. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I'd rather some get new molds(Blackarachnia) though most can get by with paint apps and a few retoolings.

Though I'd be more prone to wanting reissued Transmetals that DON'T GODDAMN USE ANY CHROME! The last Rampage I owned developed CRACKS in the chrome. The act of existing causes them to be damaged.

6. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

it seems to very, i have transmetals that are fine after years, i was shocked to see that some transmetals can just start to crack for no reason but it seems to very from toy to toy and some molds seem more susectitable then others.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that's the one they repainted and put in Cybertron, then yes I picked him up but he's "Ape-Linq" now :) 

I was referring to the two pack from TRU that was closer to the original releases

8. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Classics Predaking.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Uh, that would probably be me. I like those three characters and would love updates of them.

I'd also not be against Beast Wars characters, but my take would be a little different. Beast Wars characters and modes, but in G1 style mechanical beast bodies, like the Classics Grimlock and the Cybertron / BWX Primal and Megatron. Those would be pretty cool, Hasbro could take design cues from the different versions of the characters and make something completely new, yet also familiar. A Cheetor done like that, with the option of a Predacon Rampage and Tigatron repaint along the way, would be pretty stellar. In fact, you could also do Rhinox and Airrazor in that fashion, repaint the two of them into Tantrum and Divebomb, then you'd only be two away from Predaking as well.

10. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I could dig something like that. I don't need show accurate figures per-se, I just think certain basic designs got the shaft with the original toys. Most of them was because of robot kibble in Beast mode, but that could be worked around better with G1 style mecha-beasts.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd love to see a new mold of Blackarachnia based off Mainframe's CGI design.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i would probably buy new molds based off beast wars figures done in any style, whether show accurate or just cool looking robots based off the BW goodness....

what about armada classics? eh....anyone? anyone?............jk....though now that i think of it scavenger totally needs a better mold...

13. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Beast wars-maybe a couple of designs
    Beast machines-definitely use the treatment
    (aaaaand here comes the negative)

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, I thought the reason that they were going with Universe instead of Classics is because they had intended to do characters outside of G1. I know Jhiaxus (from G2) was already mentioned by the crew at Botcon as 'being a very large possability' along with the rest of the G1 characters that got mentioned... they did basically say that they wanted to do more than just G1 updates.

Honestly, there's a lot of G2, BW and BM characters that could use some updating... and, though most probably would be against this, half of the Armada molds could use updating too as they were a major step backwards in terms of design and articulation though I doubt we'd see too many of those guys get made if at all.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some characters that never got toy forms either (like guys from various comics) and honestly The Fallen needs a better mold than that crappy Titanium that they made of him. It looks more like WW Brawl than The Fallen. Some designs from, oh say, IDW's mainline or Hearts of Steel would be nice too, but that's probably a long shot.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sadly I doubt BW inferno probly won't be done because as we all know hasbro loves re-paints and re-painting a classic grapple will be easy to repaint into inferno dinobot not to sure it either be dinobot or Sludge and snarl
    Which in my book I'll take snarl anyday

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm guessing if we see a Jhiaxus, it'll be a design based on the IDW comics Jhiaxus. It's currently in the comics (or at least will be) so he'd at least be somewhat recognizable to non-fans who've picked up a few comics with him in.

But yes, the idea with Universe was "to provide a line for [Hasbro] to keep releasing realistic styled vehicles like we have with the Movie line". There was never any suggestion that it would be 100% G1, only that most of it would be G1, that "the time was right to bring back the Triple Changers in some form".

17. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They also said they wouldn't be doing any beasts in Universe. Which is why I mentioned "maybe ten years down the line". With automobiles, anything older then 20 years is a classic right? Haha

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd love to see an Ultra sized Rhinox and a Voyager Dinobot.

19. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    if they do any beast, then i would like to see G1 combiner beast.

seacons, predacons, dinobots( why not!!), and the terrorcons

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I remember they were asked about the rest of the Dinobots and they said something along the lines of 'maybe the ones not in Animated' or something. Besides, it's not like they've ever said 'nah, not right now' and never turned around and given us that later. I mean, this time last year MP Screamer wasn't happening.