Beast Wars Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ORIO, Nov 23, 2007.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I don't have cable and I've been in my new home for four months and I've started watching Beast Wars for the third time. I was just thinking how cool it would be if we would get some Beast Wars Classics figures. I like the 10th Anniversary figures and all but some new show accurate molds for those characters would be awesome. Well, at least the first season. Rhinox, BlackArachnia, Terrorsaur and Airazor would be great in that formula.

I doubt it would ever happen but, who knows? Maybe ten years down the line?

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i dont know man, but the japanese beastwars reissues are pretty spot on. I think they are as close to classics as we are going to get, without remolding.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They pretty much did that with the BWX Deluxe Optimus and Megatron last year....some might n ot exactly count those, but they are updated versions of the originals, which is what Classics is. Oh yeah and Blackarachnia is going to have an update in Animated.

I'd say give it a few more years....not that I would be opposed to a few new mold BW characters making it into Classics 2.0/ Universe....most notably Dinobot, Waspinator and Inferno.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would like some.

Or some releases of Inferno and other of the really good molds of that time.

5. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    See, what I would prefer to see out of Classics instead of just G1;

Hasbro should take polls every so often starting with say... 150 characters or so. Not just G1, but BW, BM, RID, G2, UK, Japanese stuff, then the top 10 get made into a wave of "Classics" updated figures. I think it'd be brilliant. Do a wave or two a year, with the poll set up on their website, at toy shows/Botcon, and just make it a fans choice kinda series, with the two or three that get the most votes being Voyager sized. It could fill in as an extra toy line while they have Animated, or Movie, or whatever else floating around.

6. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

id love more beastwars!

7. KingForm

KingForm Banned

I'd love to see a Dinobot toy that doesn't have huge robot legs sticking out of its stomach.

8. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think that there's a breakdown in logic here somewhere...the Classics line is, at it's very core, the applying of "Beast Wars level articulation" to "Classic" G1 characters. When Beast Wars came out, we were all clamoring for G1 characters articulated like the Beast Wars characters. So I'd say we already have our "Beast Wars Classics". If anything, any updates would end up being like the Optimus Primal and Megatron updates that were released for the anniversary and then incorperated into the Cybertron line as repaints.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know if you ever owned Airazor but she's pretty damned accurate, if a little small

10. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I disagree. The only thing that makes Classics G1 as a line is that nothing else has been released in it. I think the term classics is a perfect banner under which to put various popular characters. G1 might be the oldest TF series, but by now, Beast Wars is a classic cartoon. Time for an updated Cheetor figure.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    A voyager Dinobot would be the most glorious thing ever. And it probably wouldn't have the wide birthing hips of his original toy.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem seeing some Beast Wars characters get updates in the Universe (Classics 2.0) line. Personally, I'm hoping for a Classics update of Bruticus, with a repaint as Ruination, and a Classics update of Laser Rod Optimus prime, with a repaint as Scourge. This way I can get updates of characters from my "G1". Out of all the Beast Wars characters, I would love to see an update of Snarl (the tasmanian devil guy), as the origional was my first TF.

13. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMHO, I think that making updates of anything other than G1 is kinda pointless. And maybe G2 re-paints in amazing (Horrible to everyone else) colors. The main reason I think it is pointless is because beast wars had enough articulation and are already acurate enough. But, I can see why people would want dinobot or rattrap re-made.

14. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Some of the Beast Wars figures are close to perfect already(Waspinator, Megatron, Transmetal BA) but some could use a classics style upgrade. Most notably I think is Rhinox, but Cheetor could also use an update. I'd like the classics to stay just G1 for maybe one or more assortments then open it up to characters from all over the Transformersverse.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    vehicles are hip again, beasties often cross a line for me of their heads/missles in their butt and the robot is furry. My quibbling aside its a good line with lots of articulation and relatable/dramatic team builder characters.

but animated has blackarchnia so other things are possible under that line.
    (they gave you beasties a whole planet in cybertron!)

16. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    just give me a classic powermaster prime and i'll be happy with ended G1.

17. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't mind a new mold of Rattrap (non-TM) and Cheetor. :)  And also a better Dinobot mold as well.

18. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I have Airazor. And she is close. Let me try and explain this better using better examples. Maybe I'm nitpicking or too much of a perfectionist, but these are some of my favorite Transformers of all time.

Airazor, Rattrap and Terrorsaur - all three have that goofy quick Transform. I'd like an actual more in depth transformation their wings/back pieces to collapse back and maybe those wicked cool shoulder cannons on Terrorsaur

Rhinox - he's unfortunatley the worst. No Mutant head, Two gatlings guns and just more cartoon looking overall. I have his Hard Hero statue and its just breathtaking

Optimus and Megatron - I picked up the Robot Masters versions of these and they're awesome. Primal is perfect. Megs could be slightly bigger. I passed on the 10th Anniversary editions

Cheetor and Tigatron - Seperate molds, both with the "crossed legs" in robot mode

Black Arachnia and Tarantulas - Again seperate molds made to look like their show counter parts

Inferno is damn near perfect in my book.
    Waspinator is close too

Dinobot - as someone mentioned, no legs for a belly. A voyager and should look a lot closer to his show part as well.

Scorponok - again more show accurate in color and size. He's a great mold already.

Mainframe really did a great job of portraying the characters in the show.

Again, not trying to nit pick on great toys. Or a great line, but that show really did touch so many of us as fans. I'd love some more accurate toys for the 1st season bots :) 

19. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:

And when 90% of the wave is G1 and there only a few BW figures and none of the rest there would be much complaining, but that's exactly how it would turn out. I think that might be counterproductive to what you want...which seems to be figures other then G1.

Personally, I wouldn't mind BW in classics. I'd just rather them go for awhile with G1 and get most of those reconizeable cartoon guys out of the way before they start in on the BW crew. I mean by the time a wave is Punch/Counterpunch, Twin Twist, and Waverider we'll need some familar BW guys in there. Although I'm sure that's someones dream wave there, just not mine.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind some "BW Classics" as long as they followed the same basic track as most G1 classics and the BW10th/Cybertron Primal and Megatron, in the sense that they are not just "the same toy except better/more articulated/more cartoonlike", but a modernized reinterpretation of the characters.

I do however, support new versions of BW characters who had a huge gulf between original toy and show that no amount of repainting will fix, such as Dinobot and Blackarachnia.