Beast Wars Characters in TF Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It would be cool if they could add characters from both sides Maximals and Predacons, Cheetor and Silverbolt from the Maximals side, Waspiniator and Scorponok from the Predacons side, I think it would be amasing. What do you guys think?

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waspinator and Cheetor both got homages in Animated, so I think they're fine as they are. Instead of Silverbolt and Scorponok, I personally would go for Rhinox and Inferno.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love it if we got a Prime Scorponok that was the BW Guy but with alt mode based on his Bayformers namesake.

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Cheetor was only represented in toy form, so I'm not sure if that counts. I personally would go for Cheetor because we currently don't have a cocky Hot Rod-type yet, and Cheetor could fit in nicely. Really though, I think any Maximal would fit in nicely.

I really like your choice of Inferno, his loyalty to Lord Megatron would be devilishly irritating, and it would wonderful to see how that plays off Airachnid.

5. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

No.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of the Maximals made a cameo in the episode in which Blackarachnia and Waspinator got stuck in the past...

I'd rather Beastwars/Beast Machines Transformers stayed in their own universe. I'm not found of animals and mechanicals vehicles being in the same show anymore :( 

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like the idea of the characters being homaged, but if they had animal alt-modes that might not fit in with the show. It could turn out to be really cool if there was a good explanation, but who knows.

I like the idea of a Rattrap homage with a motor-trike alt-mode. Waspinator could show up as a VTOL jet, but his robot mode would still be very wasp inspired. Creepy, veined wings could fold out from the normal jet-wings, and he'd fly around in robot mode with buzzing noises and all. Also, he'd have a very thin waist.

8. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Seems like we're fighting a losing battle :( . Anyway, this is just my opinion, but the problem with just keeping beast modes in the Beast Era universe is that having a dedicated beastformers show is impossible economically and would make people (understandably) really mad. That's why all we Beast Wars fans ask is just one or two nods in the show, as a treat of sorts. Like trying to grab leftover scraps off the vehicle modes' plates. Otherwise, there really is nothing else for us beast fans.

At least during the Unicron Trilogy, beast modes were still seen, even if they were relegated to the background. Now they are almost nonexistent.

9. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I want an BW-like Airazor as an autobot spy (being that the reason she's using an organic bird alt-mode) and maybe an Inferno as a predacon soldier (he could be a vehicle but with a really insectoid bot mode with a flamethrower :D )

10. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    There are some really nice ideas here. I must admit that Airachnid is a pretty nice homage to the Beast Era, even if subtle. Hopefully there are more characters with similarly beast-like robot modes.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    For this to happen, someone on the production staff would have to realize Beast Wars exists. Guess what! They probably don't. Or at most do and don't care.

I'm fine with that: there really isn't a place to fit 'techno-organic' and I really don't want to see a hilariously over-the-top character like Inferno neutered down to Prime's standards.

(Also, god do I hate Airachnid. We get it guys, she's perfect and unstoppable and better and smarter than everyone else and she can totally drill into the ground you guys and nobody can see her, okay. That only goes so far.)

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    No thanks.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the hell out of Beast Wars. In fact, it IS what brought my much older self back to Transformers.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines had a pretty long run, five seasons total. I’m not familiar with the Unicron trilogy (wasn’t my cup of tea), but apparently you were given a nod there, and you got it again in Transformers Animated. Why does Transformers Prime need to do it once more?
    Seeing how Bob expressed the difficulty of hiding a giant metal dinosaur in Transformers Prime, imagine how hard it would be for animals larger than life? Technically, the writers of Transformers Prime did give us a beast-type/Transmetal character by way of Airachnid, who’s one of my favorite characters.
    I want G1 designs to come back, but it looks pretty certain that that’s never going to happen. I guess it’s time for me to join everyone else and move on:/

14. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Ehhh Personally I'd almost take nothing over that measly a scrap.

15. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He did appear in the Stunti-Con Job comic, so that is a bit of fiction for Ani. Cheetor. I do agree on having a "turbo-revving young punk" in Prime.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    If they ever did include them I think they should tie the Beast Wars into the war over the energon stockpiled on Earth. If given the choice I'd make the main characters of the two sides:

Airazor, Tigatron, and Depth Charge

vs.

Scorponok, Waspinator, and Inferno

17. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To keep with the darkness of the series, the only two Beast Wars characters I would've liked to see are Tarantulas and Rampage.

Sadly, there is already one spider/psycho killer in the series and it would be tedius(sp?) if there were any more. Though maybe she could have arachnoids.

jD001

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I'd rather they just found evidence of some kind relating to the Beast Wars, rather than having one of the characters get reused. Like if you think about it, Scorponok & Terrorsaur would make sense because there was never anything definitive to show that they've been destroyed, and Inferno (for the royalty!) & Quickstrike were pretty much just taken apart. The TM2 Dinobot might've been left there, and they could always use something along with a brand new character that never got outa its protoform pod until now.

19. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd like the series to eventually touch on Beastformers, perhaps going to a jungle-type scenery in the future.

20. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Maybe Rhinox, they doent even have to make a new model for him just repaint bulkheads model, and say they are "related" or something. but also Rampage would be nice imagine him being like a giant crazy version of skyquake but as a tank instead and he would onlybe subservant to Knockout because he has a control harness on him, leave out the immortal spark cause it ties too much to G1, because personally the whole vehicle formers with beast like names seems a little odd to me, no matter how they try and right it off, yeah i'm lookin at you cheetor.