Beast Wars/Beast Machines plot-hole?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, May 26, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I think I came across two plot holes for this show. One is Rampage. He´s almost immortal and killed an entire colony by himself, but in the end he was killed in single combat. Wasn´t anyone in that colony that could match him?

Two, why no transformers from the colonies came to Cybertron during the Beast Machines era?

2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    -Its not a plot hole. :S Rampage's spark was splitted in half when he battle DepthCharge in the final episode. Well, in the first part of the final episode. When he was in the colony his spark was complete and, hence, was indestructive. But being split in half, makes him more vulnerable. Besides, apparently a shard of energon right in the middle of it CAN hurt his spark, otherwise BW Megatron wouldnt be able to cut it in the first place. ^^

-Hm..Not sure. Botanica did came from other exploration mission. We can assume other did as well but got trapped by MEgatron's virus. :( 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rampage was killed because he was stabbed with unstable Energon. Recall his spark was able to be disected by a stable energon blade, so unstable energon rammed into his spark could probably kill him. Due to how energon was apparently a rarity (so much so that Megatron elected to go on a VERY risky journey rather than knock over a bank) and RAW energon was non-existent, I doubt they came to that conclusion.

Also if any Transformers returned to Cybertron, they were likely captured and suffered the same fate as the rest of the planet. (plus we don't know that they were off-world colonies)

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Its not a plot hole at all. Who can say whether or not the bots on Starbase Rugby (hee hee) was as smart as Depth Charge? You know he left there before that happened right?

Did they have water there? Did they have energon blades?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No-one on the colony had a knife made of pure energon. Or a grudge powerful enough to make them willing to chase him back through time and die to stop him.
    It is also possible that because his body only housed half his spark, it made him weaker somehow.
    That one I don't know. The colonies are mentioned very rarely.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plot hole? I always felt the Beasts, mainly Beast Machines was a continuity error. Cybertron was never meant to be covered by plants. That was my first and last "ruined forever' moment. I was so happy when CR/RID came along in 2000/2001.

7. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

wouldnt the events in Beast era have like....shifted the timeline or whatever, leaving G1 in its own little world as far as the past but changing the future? Basically instead of what happened in G1, it became like you said RID/Unicron Trilogy instead? Otherwise it doesnt make sense anyway

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This seems like an easy way to answer it, especially since the said randoms probably wouldn't have been transmetals, and likely suffered the same fate as Rhinox as a result. Well, minus having their sparks transferred into servant bodies, anyways. Then if I'm not mistaken, didn't they return to their normal time when they returned to Cybertron? As in, that they weren't still in the past as they were on Beast Wars? As in, nothing that happened on Beast Machines would need to have "already" happened in G1, but rather it would simply exist as a possible future that wasn't touched upon yet.

Taking that into account, lets just put it this way. If we can't agree on what colour Rumble & Frenzy are, then I think it's safe to say that we're not gonna agree on which continuity is "correct" either. Heck if anything, all of them could simply exist as alternate interpretations of what really happens/happens in the Bay films.

inb4haters

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Megatron pretty much blockaded Cybertron using the orbital defense satellites. Also word could have reach whatever colonies there are that a plague has enveloped Cybertron. Rendering any invasion fool hardy.

10. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I look at it diffently. The beast wars was meant to happen. They didn't change a thing, they only did what was seemingly predicted in the covenant of Primus. That's not to say their aren't continuity era's with G1, both animated and Marvel.

As far as Rampage is concerned, raw energon. Plain and simple. I doubt they tested that on colony Omnicron, not only due to it's rarity but also being highly unstable and not suitable for space flight transfer.

Beast Machines... that one always got me too. That's partially why I write it off in my Transtech fanfiction.

11. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    One can argue that Beast Wars, and thus Beast Machines, is a plot-hole in itself.

For starters, you have direct references to the original G1 cartoon, both with the Vok using Unicron as "the being that demands the most fear" with Optimus Primal, and you also have Starscream's ghost appearing, making direct references to the original animated movie (ie: "I died saving Galvatron!"). Not to mention the whole Ark bit.

The problem comes from the idea of "time stream manipulation" ... one could argue that the reason Autobots never found stasis pods was because at that point, Beast Wars hadn't happened ... Beast Wars happened in the future's past, thus creating a new "thread" in the fabric of time ... though because that is only a theory, one can also argue that if anything in the future happened in the past, the past would immediately change because it's all in the same thread of time, not "alternate dimensions" ... unless you want to argue that the Transwarp Portal actually shoved the Maximals and Predacons through a time-hole AND a dimensional hole, thus throwing them in to a similar yet different dimension with a different future and a different history.

That's what sucks about shows that deal with "being in the past" or "being in the future" of an already existing universe. There's no way to really connect the new to the old without creating head-scratchers.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

ok lets see....:thumbs2: 

Even if there wasnt, how is this a plot hole?

Have you forgotten Botanica?He was returning from an other world.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    If you go back and rewatch the fight scene between Depth Charge and Rampage, right before DC plunges the energon into 'Pages spark, you can see him let go of DC hands and let's him drive it in. Almost like he was ready to let it all go.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Botanica is a female!

Either that, or Rattrap is, y'know... ;) 

The way I see it, Beast Machines only takes place over a few weeks/months (?) so it's likely that no off-world colonists at all returned to Cybertron during that time. Besides, isn't that what colonists do, keep contact with their original society to a minimum? I guess moreso when you are in outer space! :D 

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

typo

sorry