Beast Wars/Beast Machines ancestors reference

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I noticed that in Beast Wars and Beast Machines the Predacons, Maximals and Vehicons when they refer to their ancestors the Autobots and the Decepticons they only refer the originals of the US continuity and they never mention Japan's Headmasters, Victory and Masterforce. They always talk about Megatron Optimus Prime. Why is that?

2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    1. It's an American product that references a previous American product.

2. Why would they reference something that the audience has never even heard of before? Much less people who have probably never even watched the Japanese shows back then.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

because the japanese tv series, and american tv series *g1* are different continuums, even if they share similar, and in some cases, the same animation, and plots, and even same episodes sometimes.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Takara when they Translated the Beastwars & Beastmachines into Japanese Language. Takara chose to put both series into American continuity. Takara had to do this. Because in Headmasters,Cybertron got blown up by the Decepticons.

I always speculated the Maximal elders that kept getting mentioned in Beastwars. was the Three character toys that made up Magnaboss. due to Tripredacus getting a cameo in Beastwars.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Beast Wars also refers to a somewhat mixed timeline between the G1 show and Comic, IIRC. It's not completely accurate, but that's probably because the writers were more interested in their own continuity inside the show, and not an overall continuity.

They talk about Megatron and Optimus Prime because they were probably the most important transformers in cybertronian history, at least once earth comes into discussion.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Because American audiances wouldn't even care about characters that they've never heard of, I mean come on, it's not rocket science.

7. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

This was before the internet was popular, so the writers would not know much of Japanese G1. But if they did mention Headmasters, they'd have to bring up how the Autobots and Decepticons rebuilt Cybertron, which seems impossible as it was abandoned to be floating in space. Also no organic core was found when Cybertron was blown up, so... Yeah I know they rebuilt Cybertron in G2 manga form, but I don't consider Beast Wars and Beast Machines to be connected to anything from Japan.

Really both shows are just loosely connected to G1 American cartoon and G1 and G2 Marvel comics, but the comics fit in better with the Beast era because thats where the name The Ark came from and Primus was in the comics but not in the cartoon. Also Zarak was briefly mentioned, but I think the writers only heard about him through the comics or The Rebirth.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Once again, Wheeljack30 is thinking waaaay too much about stuff.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've had arguments about this before but are your sure Seibertron was Blown Up - and that it was not just devastated on the surface - it actually explodes into tiny little pieces ?

I probably should know this stuff but that would require me actually watching my Japanese show DVDs I've had for many years and never get around to watching - partly in fear that they will make me cringe more than they'd make me happy to see them.