Beast Wars/Beast Machine in the Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I personally think that Transmetal Tarantulas doesnt need an update, I think he was a pretty good representation of his on-screen persona and brilliant toy to boot. Same goes for Silverbolt. Yes to Depthcharge and Rampage though!

A generations Tri-Predacus Agent Ravage would be sweet!

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Fuck yea, why not?! I want a new Primal! The old one stood the test of time well, it still amazes me how many retractable weapons are on that thing without affecting transformation! I didn't appreciate that figure as much when I was younger, but I was missing out! Great figure.

I'd love to see an all new mold, an updated/modernized version of it! Yea we got the Cybertron/15th anniversary version but I want a new one. As if Primal came back to aid the Classics Autobots, that kind of thing. I also think Dinobot ought to get a 3rd redo...the Classics one was decent but the missle sword looked weird, and the leg articulation could have been better. Also, Cheetor needs a redo! That Universe one was made disappointing!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The small one's great, too. Everythign from the original sans firing missles is retained, only for show accuracy the mace is replaced with another blaster and the mutant mask is gone.

I would love a new Primal.

Agreed on Tarantuals. Can't fix what isn't broke. But a new Ramapge/Depthcharge in deluxe scale sounds cool. Both could keep similar transformations, and they could probably keep all their weapons.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

The money issues didn't bump up/down the sizes. this a all fan speculation/theories.

Hasbro clearly stated at a few botcons & in those on-line Q & A'S,They got rid of the $14.99 mega size because it wasn't selling that great in stores & was a major shelf warmer.

the mega sized $14.99 toys were always the in-between deluxe-ultra size level. a mega sized BW toy was & always has been a deluxe suped up toy with tons of gimmicks thrown in.

the BW/BM Ultra sized toys don't bump up to the now $27 USA Ultra sized toys we see in AEC & Classics 2.0. at some point during AEC Hasbro decided to rename the size classes like getting rid of names but keeping the same size. basics got renamed scouts. deluxes stayed deluxes. Ultra's got renamed voyagers. the ultra's name was given to the $27 TF toy size. leaders are the $40 toys. supreme is the $50 toy. ultimate is the $70+toy.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... I think you're right.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd be all for it.

7. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Hell, a humanoid Ravage that turned into a cassette tape would be nuts. A screen accurate Black Arachnia would be nice as well.

8. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    A rattrap, terrorsaur, tigatron, and airrzor would be cool....scorponok, inferno, and quickstrike as well....crap, just all of the show bots....

9. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    To be perfectly honest, while I'd love an updated Waspinator or Rhinox, I want to see some new Soundwaves more.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

we just got a new soundwave toy in the WFC toy line.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Soundwave doesn't need a new toy. Not yet, certainly not multiple toys.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd still like more, possibly one that comes with his various mini-cons, instead of the cassette tapes, they turn into guns or weapons or something.

13. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

If they made BW/BM figures in a G1-esque style; more angular, more mechanical looking, kind of like the Dinobots, Insecticons or Decepticon Headmasters, I would buy every single one they release. As long as the toys themselves were decently articulated and looked good, anyway.

I suppose that's what the Transmetal line was getting at, but I mean even boxier than that.