Beast Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Predaconcept

Predaconcept Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So where is everyone purchasing their Masterpiece Megatron?

Particularly asking any Canadians since all these sites don't offer free shipping outside the US, who has the best price? I'd been using robotkingdom lately as they had dinobot $25 cheaper and the shipping cost the same as most others. Just wanted to see if anyone had done the leg work yet.

EDIT:

The leg work in $USD

robotkingdom
    265 megs + 56 shipping = $321 ($420 Canadian)

TFsource
    $357

big bad toy store
    $347

collecticon toys
    $354

Ages Three and Up
    $346

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    This won't help you much as Im in the UK and not Canada, but it's interesting to see your prices.
    I have mine pre-ordered from Anime Export because overall they USUALLY come out cheaper than most options (Amazon Japan does seem a bit cheaper but a bit of a faff, plus I'm not sure how good they are for UK consumers, but I digress). I've been using them for years and thus far had no issues and only ever been charged customs once (because I ordered two MP36 in one box which despite them under declaring was enough to catch the attention of HRMC but I digress).

I'm predicting (depending on the exchange rate at the time I play postage) he's going to cost me £200-210 (£175 for megs, £25-35 EMS shipping...indeed SAL would be cheaper but take almost a month.. I am considering this though as I can pay less and let everyone else work out the issues before I get it in hand...but I digress again). Now that is $340 Canadian. So yeah...I'll be paying roughly the same as you.

My other option would be to go Domestic with the excellent Kapow Toys, TFS-Express or In demand Toys who would set me back £275, £220 and £220 respectively. So I'm pretty impressed you have so many 'reasonable' options. I put that in inverted commas because theres nothing reasonable about the price on this figure!

I have to say I'm confused. I assumed he/she was a Beast Wars Fan born in 1986? but I'm flabbergasted that someone who'd call themselves that hasn't watched the show for over 15 years, never played with the original Scorponok toy and isn't aware of his Cyberbee! A whole epoisde hinged around it plus it's memorable in it's bizarreness! I mean what's a Bee got to do with a Scorpion? I HATE Scorponok, but I did track down the original toy and back when I was all completist about the show cast, and I rewatch Beast Wars and Beast Machines once every year or two.

We can but hope, I think the high prices are to do with what they think they can get away with. I cant see any future BWMPs being much cheaper than £50-60 and that would be someone like Rattrap or Waspinator. Plus...

Indeed. Tigatron might escape a high price as you'd expect him to share a lot of engineering with Cheetor, but yeah those guys are pretty big and will have a price tag to match I expect.

As cool as Dinobot is I find his proportions a bit off with the rest of the BWMPs, especially the size of his head...it's bloody huge! YES I know it's show accurate but that is where I start to get where Perfect Effect are coming from with their figures by making little design tweaks fix some of the awkwardness of 20+ year old CGI 3D models. PE Gorira is about 2 (massive) heads larger than Dinobot, I certainly would not want or be able to afford an official MP TM2 Primal that is 4 (massive) heads taller! Personally I have a price and height/size limit on my collection. Its why I don't have any Titan Class figures and avoided FT Phoenix (even though he looks great) and we are near smashing that price limit.

3. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

To be fair I've been a Beast Wars fan for 23yrs now, and I've never owned nor played with the Scorponok figure myself. Even now I've just never liked the character enough to seek the toy out. I have the TRU exclusive NuRiD Paralon figure as a stand-in for him on my season 1 BW shelf. But I have always been aware of his Cyber-Bee, its probably the coolest thing about him, but thats not saying much though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

As cool as that head looks, at that price you'd be better off waiting for TT to do a MP Scorponok. :eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as the toys, I didn’t have the luxury of getting the figures back then or until just recently, except for a couple.

And I did buy the complete dvd set a few years ago to rewatch, but have not had the chance to get theough them yet

7. MarikZero

MarikZero Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I guess I was privileged to get into the adult collecting of Transformers and discover that Beast Wars as actually not a terrible aberration but actually pretty great back when second hand vintage figures could be picked up for low low prices online, Ebay was awash with bargains! I look now and I doubt I'd be able to or have the appetite to afford to get myself the original figures of the entire show cast (S1-BM). So maybe my older age works in my favour this time ;) 

Plus, get those DVD's watched already!

• Like Like x 2
  9. KABAR432

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    hey Booster are the Euro Claw Jaw pretty common over there or are they rare? I'm talking the dark green one with the techno patterns.

there is one on ebay in the Netherlands but they want 110 Euro ($125) for it sealed.

10. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    See if Amazon Japan has any stock . Typically you'll get it by the time of release for around 30% off. Mine is costing me $220 shipped USD. And it will be here within two days after release. Also give AmiAmi a try a buddy of mine in Canada did that and he got his Dinobot the same time I did from Amazon Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Claw Jaw wasn't in the show so I'd have no idea. I was (and remain) totally disinterested in most non show characters. Right now Id say he's about as rare here as he is there, the same Netherlands listing comes up when I search for him on eBay. Back in 2004-5 when I started collecting Beast Wars figures I could pick most of them up for less than £20, Even Ravage didn't set me back much more than £50 iirc, looking now I'd have to times that figure by 6-8 to be in with a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KABAR432

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Interesting. I don't see too many US sellers that have him.. and when they do they go pretty quick. Transformerland had him recently and he sold the same day. I just kinda hate to spend that much money on a deluxe whenever I can avoid it. Then again.. I have spent more than that for deluxes before.

I wish I had your way of looking at things sometimes - about non show characters. It feels like I need to collect every variation that exists (within reason of course). For instance.. I'm good with just my 2 copies of Transmetal Rhinox now (Fox Kids and Light Aqua).. I do not feel like going out there and getting the Takara gold one or the regular US aqua version.

13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Transmetal Rhinox just isn't part of my head canon, ergo why would I want a physical representation of him? Plus I find most post series 1 designs a bit goofy. Indeed if the Beast Wars show hadn't been so good I'd never have collected any of them, as child of the 80's and G1 fan by default I found Beast Wars a bit incongruous at the time and the toys a bit ugly, the show won me over and changed my mind on the designs. I don't collect Transformers because they are Transformers, I collect toys and action figure of the characters I really like from Transformers(and some other properties). Hence why you'll find no movie figures in my collection or indeed much outside of G1 and Beast Wars really.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nope

Nope Scorponaut

News Credits:
    Yeah, I preordered mine in July on Amazon.jp for about $218 shipped. Still not sure if I'm gonna cancel it or not -- I don't really collect this scale and the only potential MPs I'd definitely buy are Inferno and Scorponok -- but I couldn't pass him up at that price.

No kidding, lol. Beautiful head though.

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Aw man, if that weren't a custom I would believe a new Scorponok figure was coming.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    A few MP Cheetor pictures I took yesterday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  17. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20181105_150025.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFCC's pre-beast Scorponok.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Are you taking about the TM Rhinox with light green vacing on the body and regular blue vacing on the shoulder accents? Thought that was a euro variant. I have an extra if anyone's looking for one