Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Agreed....although I'm pretty sure an MP Rattrap would be closer to £100 than $100, because of eventing we just discussed :( 

2. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Being as small as he is, it might be harder to engineer, and therefore cost more to make, causing them to jack up the price. I don't know how the creating process works.

3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    The problem is nobody does, and so people can come up with all sorts of reason/excuses for the pricing. It's amazing the mental gymnastics fans are capable of due to there irrational need for the figures...and I say this as someone who is totally guilty of doing it myself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

I doubut the engineering would cost TT that much. Most of it already exists in the classics rattrap.

We'll probably get a retooled version with premium paint and an MP price tag... same goes for waspinator

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Was transforming my MP BW Dinobot into robot yesterday. When I tried to close the torso I thought I heard a cracking noise. Transformed him back to Dino. IT's still good. Dinobot is one of those figures you have to be really careful transforming him. Why must these be so fragile?

6. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to use Cheetor - who was like $75 or so - as a baseline of a small BW MP and then argue that Rattrap is smaller but using the Takara price index calculate that he'd be around $95, so only $20 more while having 50% less plastic mass. But ofcourse, it's not gonna be just extreme like this is it? It's probably gonna defy all logic.

$100 for an MP - of any size - feels so...normal now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Reshuffled my collection a bit and took new photos.

IMG_6049.JPG IMG_6055.JPG IMG_6071.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  8. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Quality is excellent and no not fragile at all. Although I would say is the plastic is quite hard and might (it's never happed) break easier that your average official figure if dropped from a height. Personally I think they are every bit as high quality as official MP figures, even better in some respects. Both are huge hefty prices with good joints, excellent sculpt and fantastic paint. But don't take my word for it, head to the below links to get a range of opinions:

Perfect Effect Beast Gorira - Beast Wars Optimal Optimus
    Perfect Effect TM 2 Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  10. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually really like the accessories. Even though I don't really use many of them that often it is still nice to have and I think in the long run will add to the overall presence of my MP BW display.
    Like there were so many gadgets used in the cartoon on both sides, and especially in the first season. I'd love to have that ability to recreate these scenes, even if it is once or twice, or eventually have a spot for them all in a diorama display. And I think MP Rattrap is the logical choice to get a bundle of accessories added to his release. I'm counting on it actually. I expect more with Rhinox as well. I think the accessories and gadgets work so well with Beast Wars than G1 figures. Because of 26 episodes with a special device in at least half of them, compared to like 60 episodes of G1 (pre movie) with... Not so many altogether

• Like Like x 2
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know with the new Select Series being unveiled it wouldn't be a bad thing for Hasbro to use the line as a way to start building up hype and awareness for the Beast era cast for a potential planned BW 25th anniversary line like giving us repaints/retools of existing molds. Like Primal Prime from POTP Optimal Optimus,Beast Wars Megatron from POTP Grimlock and Airrazor from POTP Cutthroat for example. They can even make USA releases of Convobat and Legends Lio Convoy too if they wanted.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Megatron from an upscaled deluxe class scorn aoe!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't mind seeing them out that unused Megatron head from FOC Grimlock mold to good use in a line like that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah, that head sculpt was pretty fantastic. Should definitely be put to some good use.

41_11562_3c06f4135f43881_1360581032.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So a quick little Maximal shelf update and MP41 Gold Paint update.

Finally got my hands on the Classics Cheetor and Dinobot. Opted for the Henkei versions as I was able to find some good deals on loose ones ($25 for Cheetor and $65 for Dinobot Shipped). The Henkei paint schemes look great!!! Cheetor's chrome head is dope.

Also I guess a few months ago I was able to pick up the Timelines Depth Charge for a good price (around $20 shipped for a bagged copy). Very fun mold and my only "pre-beast" so far.

Happy to get a hold of some of these older Classics updates. Henkei Dinobot I gotta say was a little nerve racking because I was afraid of GPS. Plus my bicep swivel was locked up. I had to look up a review because I was like "surely this has to swivel for transformation..." followed by a "please don't break!" lol. I think the only Classics I am missing now are the Scorponok, Rampage, Airazor and Transmutate... oh and POTP OpOp. Really wish there was a good Terrorsaur option that was cheaper than the Aerialbot from Botcon. Might have to opt for that and the "Rook" Tarantulas one day.

As for the Gold Paint.. I managed to find this metallic gold paint pen at hobby lobby for $5. The finish comes off a touch glossier than the stock Dinobot... but it's hard to notice. I'm very happy with the results! Now to try and find a substitute blue and orange... and then I think I'm all set. Once I find good matches for the blue and orange I'll let you guys know.

IMG_1939.JPG IMG_1940.JPG IMG_1941.JPG IMG_1942.JPG IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1944.JPG IMG_1945.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  16. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW Megatron deserves better than a FOC Grimlock redeco. Since the MP line is handling his G1 look, the generations line should tackle his TM1 look, IMO

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd have happily settled for it back then before we got Generations updates and the MP line, but boy am I glad it wasn't made.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Generations Selects has implications for the franchise as a whole, but let's look at it from a selfish point of view. If molds from the main Generations line are now being used in a second line, having the need for redecos in the main Generations line is lessened, meaning more unique molds could be produced and this bodes well for Beast Wars.

Instead of having to try to fill an entire line with Beast Wars figures (45 at current count) which Hasbro may be nervous about, you can have the big names from Beast Wars in a Generations line alongside other characters from other universes (BM, UT, G1 etc). Then, in Generations Selects, produce Buzz Saw, Lazorbeak, Shadow Panther etc, to reuse the molds (to hit the redeco quota) and market the figures directly to fans.

• Like Like x 3
  19. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    New arrival at chez barry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I like the way you think. :)  This is making me like the Select Series more and more.