Beast Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I once unknowingly put my foot in this apparent controversy, too. Now I never post anything unless it's links, images, information, or the very occasional joke/not serious post (in blue text so people know it's not meant to be serious,) and even then sometimes I still get engaged and argued with, so ... lol. I keep my headcanon private now unless I first post a giant disclaimer in flashing lights declaring "THIS IS SUBJECTIVE PERSONAL HEADCANON AND NOT AN ASSERTION OF HISTORICAL OR OFFICIAL FICTIONAL FACT NOR AN INVITATION TO SEMANTIC DEBATE." :lol 

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Sure about that? In S1, there was that episode where Starscream possesses Waspinator, and there’s various other little references like Waspinator mentioning G1 Shrapnel, and the Vok appearing briefly as Unicron’s head.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    one of the seekers also shows up in a dream in ep 3

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

If you want to blame the creators of the show in the general sense, that's fine. Certainly it was a mistake they made. But I'm just saying, when the animators took it upon themselves to make a spark container for Prime based on the Matrix, unbeknownst to the writers... You can't blame the writers specifically for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    That's why I always tend to buy old figures loose... I probably wouldn't be able to bear breaking them open them either. Last mosc I bought was a Basic Rattrap - released him in the end, but it was painful cutting that bubble!

6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I KNOW! I'm pretty sure I made it clear I both understood that and never actual blamed the writers specifically! it was in the post YOU quoted? Did you read it?

Jeeeezzz...

I will adopt this approach hence forth, although it does seem no matter how well I explain myself people will firmly grab the wrong end of the stick and proceed to beat me with it. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have to say, I'm slowly starting to convince myself to get mp dinobot once he drops before 20k JPY. I got my mp-38 two days ago and it's so awesome. I love the powdery plastic they use instead of the glossy one common in regular mp bots.

Gonna pick up mp-34 at the post office tomorrow and I'm hoping for a mass retail re-release of mp-32.

And where's mp Barney?!

Though, looking at dinobot's price.. I'm kind of afraid of how much he's going to cost.

Been picking up lots of vintage bw toys lately... It's kinda sad seeing all this originality and out there designs and comparing them to the microwaved G1 of late. That is, I don't hate the current toyline, but comparing it to bw, it's just so, so boring and samey.

Also I think Ramulus might be my favourite bw toy right now. That design is just so, so awesome (other than the floppy goat butt).

Also, looking at bw toys, I wanna know when exactly were the golden old times of non-hollow limbs recalled by so many as they whine about the quality of current releases. Literally every single bw toy I have has hollow limbs with large openings on the inner side.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 2
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I am soooo sick if waiting for MP Dinobot, it's torture! His release really can't come soon enough. Him and Perfect Effect Mega Doragon are my most anticipated releases of the year. Due to this relative drought (I have just the aforementioned BW related releases and FT Rogue left on my list of definite purchases this year) I've been tempted by MP-38....but thus far I've managed to hold off, he looks fantastic but MP-32's show accurate deco is the one for me and buying the same figure(mould) twice is a practice I avoid unless I feel it absolutely necessary lest my bank manger calls me in fits of worry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Predaconcept

Predaconcept Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Right!? My pre-order said PE Megatron Doragon would be out in May, I sent them a message on facebook asking them to confirm that, but haven't heard anything.

Dinobot is hopefully still scheduled for July, which I'll pick up as an over priced birthday gift for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Of course I read it, but you're quoting from your response to my comment here, not from the post I'd quoted from you in the first place. You'd said: "The Beast Wars writers were consulting Ben Yee and guys at alt.toys.transformers by this point for their guidance on Transformers lore, they really had no excuse to overlook it". And while in the sentence after that you may have said "writers/creators", that post sounds like you were putting the blame specifically on the writers for what was a mistake on the animators part, given how you were singling out the writers only. You didn't make it clear you knew it was a mistake on the animators part until the LATER post. My response to your response was simply to clarify my point as, again, you hadn't made it clear originally. And here I am having to explain everything over again. Jeez indeed. Seems to me like people in this thread need to chill out.

That's why I said "To be fair..." to start off with. I agree with the point you were making that the Matrix was already a big deal in the franchise at that point. I was just pointing out it really didn't have anything to do with the writers as that post of yours seemed to be implying.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

Strange evening for me guys. So I used to think I had no early connection to transformers until high school when I went to the first bay movie and then got a graphic novel version of the original G1 movie in a christmas stocking or something. Turns out I was wrong.

I was tooling on the wikis and discovered out of nowhere that I have a connection to beast wars. As a kid of 6 I had these 3 happy meal toys at my mom's. My parent's were divorced and I lived with my dad but every once in a while I got to see my mom and she always kept those 3 toys for me. They were weird and primal and far different from my other toys at home but I loved them for some reason. Maybe its because I would only see those toys when I saw my mom and seeing her was a rare occurrence in my life. She must have known I liked them, I don't think she ever got rid of them.

I just found out those 3 toys were the 1998 mcdonalds happy meal toys, dinobot, scorponok, and blackaracknia. I haven't had such vivid memories of that time in my life in a while, mostly those years are just sad and I don't like to think about them. But seeing the photos of those toys brought a lot back. I can't say I am a true beast wars fan but thanks transformers for giving me some of those memories back tonight. As a child those animals that turned into little robo guys sparked my imagination every time I looked at them, I'm glad to know what they are now.

Feeling a lot of things I don't really have words for, and that sounds stupid, it was just some happy meal toys. Life is weird. Anyways have a good night everyone.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Sure...ok....and I was just pointing out that I knew that already. if I implied the writers were at fault at all it was only in so much that they didn't better explain how they'd like the animators to go about depicting the spark chamber. if @batfan007 hadn't brought the writers into it in the first place we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Glad we got that straightened out...finally ;) 

I think PE (and 3rd parties in general) tend to let release dates slip, so Doragon in May...well Im to holding my breath for it. TT seem to stick to their dates a bit better although they are not past delaying a month here and there, fingers crossed Dino bot comes out on time.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. goobahead1

goobahead1 Random TF figure master

Ebay:
    can the people arguing please take it to pm?

• Like Like x 1
  14. goobahead1

goobahead1 Random TF figure master

Ebay:
    hey guys does any1 have any pics of some beast wars neo figures? any and all pics would be appreciated, but i really want to see pics of the blendtrons and the predacons!

15. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Check my collection thread link. It's old, but every Beast Wars figure paint job is accounted for there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So, fun fact... They actually DO use glossy plastic. That "powdery" feel is the paint finish on them. ;) 
    Also it's weird my first Ramulus was a floppy mess but the one I have now and the Universe Longhorb aren't as bad. He's one of my favorite designs. Dinobot 2 is a great TM2 design as well. And I feel like I'm in the minority at times but I really like Jawbreaker too!

And for MP Dinobot, I'd say go for it. It'll be the best release to date for the entirety of the MP line!

Posted these a few pages back, but...
    On the Blendtron shelf, ignore Black Lio Convoy... I just don't have anywhere else to display him, and I feel like he kinda fits despite not being in the series OR a Blendtron
    IMG_20180408_140841.jpg IMG_20180408_140838.jpg IMG_20180408_140620.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Ben Yee's site has a pretty comprehensive list of Beat Wars Neo reviews with images, if that helps?

Beast Wars Neo Toy Review Index

I does seem some if the images from back in the days I frequented the place have gone though.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    A throne fit for a King 20180413_173021.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nope

Nope ok so basically i'm monky

News Credits:
    I don't know where it's from but here's a nice pic of the Destrons that I saved awhile back.

HqTsHFQh.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hahaha I think that's one of mine. Like shortly after I completed the line. I wanna say I posted here and/or on Twitter.

• Like Like x 2