Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really want dinobot but really he is too expensive i am not sure i would be able to get him 250 dollars is too much i honestly expect the same price as optimus primal since for me he was only priced that high for being a convoy i would have bite at 150 but 250 too much

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I do enjoy it and really hope he gets repainted as Grimlock for those that like non-show characters like him and Shadow Panther. However the price point might be quite the hurdle for some fans as I can't see him being cheaper than Dinobot. Personally I wouldn't buy him even if he were cheaper as I'm a strictly Mainframe show only guy.

3. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    thanks for the kind words Vicegrip. this definitely brings up an interesting point (i've seen this brought up in multiple comments). it seems like if Takara were to do non-show repaints they really would have a harder time selling them. I guess not as many people are invested in "grimlock" the toy from 1997. I think they may have to be a little careful at which mold they decide to repaint and which parts they decide to remold etc.. personally if this were to happen I imagine it would be just like MP-34s, so you get the black repaint of cheetor but then they throw in some new accessories.. maybe take away the stand and the disk and give you an extra sword / eye effect / face. That could also work to lower the price into the 180s maybe?

anyways I just did this for fun and to spur some conversation. As we get some new MP molds I will keep doing some more (laserbeak, T-wrecks, fox kids rhinox, packrat.. the possibilities are endless)

would you guys like to see this done up as Fox kids dinobot? that was what I was originally planning but then went Grimlock... let me know.

4. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Some of my transmetals :) 
    6E48CE5A-E5A2-4B4B-9C52-8B108F3C05EA.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I guess Shadow Panther will be testing those waters for them. The way I see it Beast Wars MP's have a real issue as far as viable, and by that I mean profitable, repaints go. It's a widely held belief that MP's, especially ones as complex and engineered as the Beast Wars ones, need to be repainted/retooled to make a good return on a new mould. If you look at the lines a a whole only Star Saber, Shockwave and the new Megatron molds have (as yet) not been repurposed this way. I have my fingers crossed for much of the season 1 cast but I do worry if they'll all pass the TT profitability test. Maybe this explains the recent price hike.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. KABAR432

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    but dinobot towers over the others.. plus you get the disk, stand, eye lasers, multiple faces... etc. I think its worth the price. Plus.. its the ultimate dinobot that we never got with the OG toy.

reduced-galery_image_13986_26334.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. KABAR432

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I am all for an MP-38 burning convoy, skeletal convoy, true grey type, the blue one (lucky draw I think). Just make them all :) 

800px-BW-toy_OptimusPrimalBurning.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    he towers over them yeah but i dont think that is the right price neither with primal for me primal deserves ironhide price, i pay it because i like him but 250 is too much for my taste first dont got the money second, for me is not worth if he was 150 masterpiece ultra magnus and star saber are bigger than dinobot yet cheaper, even masterpiece megatron can be found bellow 200 but 250 is too much for that money he should come with rattrap honestly i dont care about the stand, the effect, and other extras if they have give me just the figure at a more lower price its ok, sorry but i am not rich to spend so much my more expensive transformer was star saber nearly 200 but from that line i reffuse to pass it is too much if you have the money it is ok, but even if i have it for me is too much.

10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Pay close attention to Amazon JP. You might be able to get the discounted price again when it's released. I pre-ordered mine for $190 shipped.

11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Actually right now you can preorder from amazon for 200 shipped.

12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Im getting one, theres no question...he is the ultimate Dinobot figure but.. IMO until I see him in hand I cant say with any confidence that he'll be worth the price. Sure he's bigger and has more accessories than Primal but does that warrant him being over twice as expensive? Or 5000 Yen more than the accessory laden MP-36 Megatron? It seems a bit steep, he's going to have be beyond perfect to warrant that price tag....and that stand sucks. He IS very expensive and IMO teetering in the edge of overpriced.

You may be but I guess TT have got to ask themselves are there enough people like you out there to warrant producing them.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd buy a few Grimlocks... Price be damned. It was my first BW figure as a kid. The nostalgia will override it lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    thanks dude but i dont have the money haha if it hit 170 i could find a way haha

15. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Can’t remember if I’ve asked this before but- with MP Primal and Cheetor, were there ‘factory leaks’ or QC rejects hitting eBay or show z slightly prior to their official release dates?
    I wasn’t aware of the existence of those sorts of things at the time but getting into the mpms has shown me there is usually a way to get hold of masterpieces a fair bit cheaper than retail price if you’re willing to take a chance.
    I’d definitely take that chance in order to get another Dinobot for customising as I’d essentially be destroying that figure anyways (to get that Code Of Hero look) so a bit of poorly applied paint or a wobbly joint wouldn’t negatively impact my enjoyment of it one iota given my intentions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    no but i hope so haha i dont care about minor cosmetic issues if i can get dinobot i would get him sadly i dont have the money to buy dinobot at full price move to a new country too much expenses

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's twice Primal's size and accessory loadout, shouldn't he logically be twice Primal's price?

18. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    ultra magnus and star saber were twice his size and were cheaper primal is not near the size of shock wave mp he shouldnt be that price they are increasing the price based on demand cheetor was normal price, but primal been a convoy is just convoy and dinobot is a fan favorite

• Like Like x 1
  19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Twice the size? He's a third larger at the most. Personally I don't think the price difference is warranted. He's bigger and more complex, and I guess the scale detailing adds to the production costs, but more than twice the price...it seems excessive. Plus the stand seems like something they've lazily thrown in at the last minute to fool us into justifying the price. However once in hand I might be able to better understand it, my hope is he's gonna be bloody glorious.

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Long time lurker, occasional poster.
    This lad just turned up today!