Beast Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

YouTube:
    Yep. I'm not trying to collect all of II and Neo though. I have the ones I want. I'll also never have a complete BW toy collection because there are some non show characters I just don't care for. Same goes for a complete show collection. I'll probably never own Ravage, and I don't want TM2 Blackarachnia or Transmutate.

2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah. I have a few non show characters I really like. Didn't have any plans on buying all of them. But I might with nothing else to get... Which I need a Transmutate too, but meh. Ravage is typically cheap (or affordable rather) if you find one on Yahoo Japan auctions.

3. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Finally uploaded this

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sracsose

Sracsose Well-Known Member

Finished Cheetor's new paint job over the last couple days. I threw in a comparison to my original TM2 Cheetor from when I was a kid (I didn't have the heart to paint him so I bought another).

I've also included all the other new pieces I picked up: Tigatron has a new head, you've already seen Rattrap's gun. Inferno has a new head and gun as well. Cheetorcustombeastmode.png Cheetorcustombot.png Maxcustomgroup.png Infernocustom.png

I bought them from a seller on taobao. They typically list a new item for a ~month and print however many preorders they get. If they have extras they sometimes list them separately. I see the rattrap gun is currently available.

https://w-vivian.taobao.com/search....593&path=/search.htm&search=y&pageNo=1#anchor

• Like Like x 14
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Looks like a dinky cargo ship to me, I don't know what a Johnsville Bratwurst delivery box is though. I'm inclined to agree with the consensus, it's a really good way to rationalise it. I'm feeling better about it already.

6. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I liked to think of him as a jet:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I dunno, a jet mode really doesn't suit primal in my opinion. It feels like his alt mode should reflect his strong dependable personality, he's not really an aggressive, fly by the seat of you pants, areal acrobatics sort of guy.

8. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

Updating my headcanon for this as follows:

After the events of Beast Machines, when we see the new half organic have cybernetic "golden age" created, unseen by us this also resurrected all of the long dead legendary Autobots and Decepticons. This is why they can all coexist in the time time in Generations. However, it also radically reformatted all of them in the process.

This accounts for the changes - both subtle and more extreme - in character designs. They have all been formatted into their "ultimate forms," as it were. Their most idealized, most powerful models. And over the ensuing millenia, they are reformatted again and again with upgrades to suit the needs of the time.

Eventually though, war breaks out again, and this disrupts the harmony between the organic and the cyber, as heavy industrialization results in the former being curtailed again, as in the past. Rebelling against this, Primal and his organic-centric beast formers retreat to Eukaris, to be left in solitude.

Isolation from the rest of the galaxy however, results in hard times on Eukaris. Energon shortages, and after thousands of years, a sort of feral madness. Out of this madness, Primal emerges suddenly and attacks Prime... defeating him for the Matrix which he ironically returned to his original chassis millions of years ago.

Upon taking the Matrix once more into himself, Primal becomes a newly formatted Optimal Optimus... this time, one who has two components, but is one singular entity nonetheless. The "surf board" and "small Primal" is as much him as the Optimal Optimus chassis is. Two parts of a single whole.

The Matrix wars ensue. Various factions seek to control the Matrix, and in so doing, also create their own "false Matrices," calling upon the remnants, sparks, or essences of the 13 Primes... a heresy which only intensifies the wars between said factions.

The Matrix is regained and lost many times, by many individuals, and each time they are similarly reformatted... hence Optimus Prime's and Rodimus' new forms as well, becoming "ultimate" versions of themselves, containing the best qualities of all their past and present incarnations, yet being fundamentally changed as well.

In the midst of this interregnum, Unicronis is awakened and begins amassing power, and... consuming...

That's what I'm going with. (I don't read the comics.) :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Those mods look amazing, especially TM2 Cheetors new head skulpt! I've painted over the badly flaked purple of my Cheetor with metallic magenta and painted the claws black but that head would really turn it from way too feral looking to that cool looking cat in bot mode.

10. Verno

News Credits:
    I just figured his flight abilities had to come from somewhere.

11. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the organic transformers going feral over time in isolation, that'd be fun to read or watch. And that ironic twist of Primal stealing the Matrix millions of years later is chilling. Primal being a double edged figure is appealing to me now with all this "chaos" propaganda looking stuff from POTP and his fanaticism in BM.

Nothing greatly thawed out but I've been thinking Megatrons disruption of time and space in Beast Wars created whacky alternate universe where stuff like the unicron trilogy takes place. There like twisted versions of G1 with something like the honorable Starscream in Armada coming to be because Dinobots spark crossed paths with Ramages/Starscreams spark in another universe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    looks cool.....would have been better than the surfboard that's for sure...

i mean if they were going to make the deluxe primal a cargo ship (booster and i share that feeling on it) why not make his vehicle mode the axalon? instead of a random boxy cargo ship make it a crazy easter egg like that? i get where they're going with the figure...i find it weird he's a ship not a monkey..but go the extra mile and make his ship mode the axalon. at least then i could say i understand the decision better.

13. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BW2 Takara Glavatron 2.JPG

My favourite dragon!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I think I'd actually find that harder to get on with. Primal transforms into the ship he arrived in and called home for much of the Beast Wars? I make less sense to me.

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    it doesn't make sense to begin with but i'd rather have a callback or easter egg over random space junk.....but since orion pax doesn't transform into a 1984 peterbuilt it doesn't bother me as much....but it's the callback. just a minor missed opportunity i think

16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Well it does if you go along same lines as @Alexcollier1980 suggested.

So yeah...turning into the Axalon makes less sense to me than the above more plausible rational.

17. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Looks great! Mind if I ask what paint you used for the spots? I've been trying to find something to work for mine, but I can't seem to find a good color match :( 
    I wonder if that is the same seller that had the CW Magnaboss heads? Hmmm...

EDIT: They have a gun and ammo belts for Henkei Dinobot!!!
    But the price is $100 which doesn't sound right at all lol
    Maybe next time haha Still a bunch of cool stuff.

Yeah dude I can totally get down with jet Primal. But a flying brick is too ridiculous. And lazy. "pre beast" or not.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    Here's some more alt-mode designs, just for fun:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. iuJacob

iuJacob Well-Known Member

That's awesome, thanks mate!
    I'll just have to figure out how to navigate this site.

Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing your great work on the customs. :) 

20. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

They really are fab. Christ, I love Inferno's face! And your TM Rattrap with that gun will look epic paired with TM Cheetor and MP Dinobot to recreate this shot:
    IMG_1316.JPG
    Make a couple more of those guns and stick em on ol' Lizard Lips' hips!

Think I just realised how much I need those guns for myself...

• Like Like x 1