Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

In Thailand now, back in KL in September but only for a week. Hopefully pick up some tfs on the way back

2. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

[​IMG]
    I'm super tired so I'll write as little as possible. Apologies in advance for the lack of love, humour & good pictures for this point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The T-rex mode is still the best of any tf ever. FOC Dinobot (Aka KO Cyber Battalion Grimlock) is no match
    [​IMG]
    I love the Red eyes and tongue. For a KO, dino mode not bad. But when you look close you can see the paint app can be pretty bad. Also his leg joints are super loose so the slightest mention of a breeze and he's floored.
    [​IMG]
    The transformation is pretty nostalgic. I never had a BW Megs but he's quite fun as he basically transforms like the cartoon with the spinning around torso (that I loved in CGI). It is a bit fiddly though and not quite as smooth or fun as Dinobot.
    [​IMG]
    The robot mode is classic megs, totally works as an update. Would've liked if the arm with the claw hand was a bit longer. It does have 5mm holes, which is good. Ko wise, the paints are a lot worse than the dino mode, overspray on pretty much all paint apps. That's obviously not a big deal for a KO, and its pretty cool they got all his colours. The loose legs come into play here, he can barely hold a pose; the goofy one below is the only way I can get him to hold his gun and stand at the same time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So all in all I'm glad I got the toy. I love BW megs and this is my faves mold. The loose legs on my KO figure mean that his playtime is severely cut short. After trying and failing to pose him for about twenty minutes I got impatient to get him back into Dino mode asap. He'll be living in Dino mode permanently and I might try to fix his teeth at some point. I was thinking of getting the KO Brimstone too, but i probably won't bother now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For a KO with such shitty paint, the actual plastic looks really good. What's the feel of the plastic? Horrible? Mediocre? It's really shiney.

4. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Yeah, thats a good point. Its not bad actually. It doesn't feel too thin. Probably not as good as the original. Saying that, it is quite light for a figure of its size and does make that kind of tinny 'Klacking sound' that KOs often make (does any of this make sense) when you tap it. It far behind the KO Grimlock in terms of quality.

5. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

It also looks like they actually tried to paint the face inside the helmet. That's something neither BW10th or United Beast Megatron did other than the eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    They have these on wish (shopping made fun) for €10, I was on the fence until I saw these pics it looks like a solid figure, defo gonna order one on Monday now. Nice pics :D 

7. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Its ok, but like I said, my one is a bit loose. Gonna get some nail varnish on those joints to see if it helps.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    Try some floor polish and I'm okay with the loose joints on a ko as it is we get official toys with lose joints :D  but the paint might need a little touch up when I get it. Cool nonetheless doe

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    Looks like we beast wars fans are going to be getting another predacon and or maximal in transformers earth wars. I wasnt expecting anything new so I didnt screenshot the first bit of dialogue, then blackarachnia came on screen, I definitely had to screenshot this ;)  Screenshot_2017-08-27-02-21-27.png Screenshot_2017-08-27-02-21-34.png Screenshot_2017-08-27-02-21-40.png Screenshot_2017-08-27-02-21-44.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Based on the Legends retool perhaps?

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    looks a bit more like a repaint of the animated version with a bw version head, so kind of but only with the head retooling, what you can see of the chest looks like animated blackarachnia

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The forearms definitely suggest that, since that was carried over from Animated Blackarachnia. She also only seems to be sporting two pairs of spider legs, which are coming from her back rather than her upper arms, also in keeping with Animated Blackarachnia and the Legends retool. (as her arms and legs form the remaining spider legs)

I remember reading something about Dinobot coming to the Earth Wars game earlier in this thread, so I guess the Autobots/Maximals are getting him while the Decepticons/Predacons get Blackarachnia. Would be interested in seeing the Autobot side confirm or deny this, though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    The Cyberbeasts were pretty extensive retools for their time. :) 

"Ok, now I just need to figure out how to fit it into my chest."

• Like Like x 2
  15. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    15039373560642055676747.jpg As u can see I'm a huge Battle Beast fan and love customs. Double trouble for the maximals. Muahahahah.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Streaming some beast wars before work tonight. Hopefully I'll be getting the box set from the wife for bday

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's a good price for BWMravage these days?

Managed to gett all show characters represented in my collection now apart from him.

18. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Varies, I've seen people getting him £50-150 this past year

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Good luck. You'll have to sell an arm and a leg to get him. Maybe even more. Hell, I still don't have one.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm probably going to end up paying the same amount as I did for Trypticon in the end!

I'll just stay patient and hopefully one will pop up cheap enough to consider.