Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Eh, for Dinobot it seems... almost wrong to be placing any faction symbol on him. He is a warrior, first and foremost.

2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    The chest seemed pretty plain without a faction logo though.
    DinobotNoFaction.jpg

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I had a thought today about a MP Terrorsaur on how it may transform. I figure the wings can fold in to make them smaller to slide in the backpack of the robot. And I can imagine Terrorsaur would have a transformation similar to ROTF Voyager Starscream. Just the legs tucked into the torso of the Pteranodon. Then they split in half and swing around the butt part (Which would be similar to ROTF Starscream's cockpit head) them clip on for a full torso. And the Pteranodon feet into the robot arms can stay the same, just different transformation. What do you thinking?

4. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Easier said than done. Ideally the wings would just fold away into his backpack but that's a lot of wing to fit into a not so large torso. I think it's fair to compare him to Starscream figures though as his alternate mode will almost certainly be way chunkier than he was on the show. In beast mode, Terrorsaur was practically wafer thin. There's just no way to have him be that compact unless every bot limb is created from separating panels which can all flatten out and become the wings. My biggest issue with Terrorsaur is that, like Rattrap, he spent a lot of time stood up so I'd want his underbelly to be kibble free and that leaves nowhere to hide.
    Saying all this I still can't wait for TT to blow my mind. I'll be more dumbfounded by an accurate Terrorsaur than with what's shaping up to be an utterly transcendent Dinobot.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just a thought I had because basically the head is on the butt, the Butt turns into the Torso and That's the only solution I can think of for the legs being covered with Dino Skin without the legs being visible.

6. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I really like @DBarricade idea. But it's also true there's a lot of space plus there's the weird fake faction symbol that needs covering. So I'm trying to think what would foc Dinobot be upto. If he's on cybertron then he could be decepticon, predacon, maximal , between factions, lounge Wolf etc... Mattering on your own head cannon. Since wfc is a mini universe you can do what you want with it. Im thinking of making a little custom foc team from existing and 3p molds. Maybe I'll see what fits when I get a few more team mates.

7. Sracsose

Sracsose Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey everyone. Here's part of the Cheetor update I promised. I still have a few Cheetors waiting to make their TFW debut, but I wanted to post these guys first. My prototype/test shot group!

Original mold Cheetor is a late stage test shot used in some (all?) of the photography for the original mold and was one of the original Cheetors first revealed to the public. He has has some discrepancies from the released version including more spots on the legs but fewer on the back. TM1 is a non-painted prototype which I've posted before. The TMII is all kinds of interesting (at least to me), I'll go into more detail on him in a moment. The Universe version is the same as the final version, only unpainted and much tighter than my mass retail version, making him ridiculously scary to transform (thanks to @levandowski for helping me locate him). And we've seen some mp prototypes from @Primal Sabbath, so I won't go into detail on those.

Beast Mode.png Bot Modes.png
    Unreleased MP34 Coin, which I also believe has been posted on the site.
    MP34Coin2.png MP34Coin.png
    Okay, a little more information on TMII Cheetor. The transformation is a lot different than the final version, which I found to be very interesting. It's such an old mold, I don't know if anyone cares at this point, but I thought I'd post it about it for posterity. The cheetah head and robot head still change places with one another in the chest cavity, but it's more of a puzzle than the retail version. The robot head is on a slider which you have to move from the center where it's stored, to the outside, flip it around, re-collapse the chest halfway back to beast mode, then fold up the cheetah head which is on a slider similar to the first Cheetor from Beast Machines. I took some pictures of the slider for the robot head. If you look on your left of the picture (Cheetor's right) you can see the "tube" is perfectly circular and allows for this sliding action. If you look at the retail version picture I've included, there is a bar across the cylinder which blocks the sliding from occurring on the final version. I'm not sure why this was changed, other than the cheetah head is much easier to get semi-stuck on the prototype if you don't jigsaw the robot head out first. So, maybe just to make the transformation easier? The first time I attempted to transform him to robot mode I was lost, as I've had TMII Cheetor since I was a kid and could do it blindfolded. So when the robot head wouldn't deploy after folding the cheetah head in, it took me a while to figure it out. I also included a shot of a prototype spark chamber just for fun and because I think it looks pretty cool by itself.

TMIITrans.png TMIITrans2.png TMIITrans3.png
    SparkTMII.png

• Like Like x 7
  8. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

:0
    That sound crazy! Show us soon please!
    :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That red TM2 Cheetor looks great. Hope to track one down some day :)  I love when there's molding differences!

You can't remove them on the retail versions, because they're glued in ;) 
    I mean you COULD remove them, but they would probably break lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

That's so cool!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sracsose

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TM2 Megs from PE! Beast Gorira will have someone to square off against.

tmIImegs.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. AMG

AMG Old School

Judging by how nice Gorira is, this should be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never, EVER think that. I will always care! XD

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Sweet Christ, bring it on!

Edit: and the primal prime/ cryotec counter parts

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Beast Gorira left me apathetic, but this... This looks pretty good. Proportionately, it's already excellence, but I worry looking at the feet it's going to lack any organic detailing and thus be a pretty useless TM2 Megs.

16. DBarricade

Just when I thought I wasn't going to touch another PE product again... Still, I'll wait for reviews before deciding whether to take the plunge or not.

17. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Is this the same one that's had bits and pieces shown off already? Or is this a new one?

18. DBarricade

Pretty sure this is new.

19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

There's two Op Op's floating around. Why not two Megs', too.

It's not my cup of tea, but it shows confidence in the characters to sell.

20. Sracsose

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's brand new. I think you're thinking of the Transart figure. These are in an entirely different quality and design class, in my opinion. If the TA BW04 vs PE Beast Gorira quality and size are anything to go by.