Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    The new Bumblebee deluxe looks to be more or less a simplified version of the MPM-03.

So perhaps we will end up with something really cool for this Primal deluxe. ;) 

Question, though:

Would I be correct in assuming the Optimal armour would be transformable between the [hopefully] four modes (jet/cartruckthing/'ape'/bot) with Primal deluxe sitting in it only for bot mode?

I'm not familiar with any previous PotP lines, or if they've done armour similar to this before... so I apologize for my ignorance on the subject or if it's a completely ridiculous question.

2. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Speculation time.... I just saw all the leaks
    Seeing as Hasbro had been working to get all this taken down, does that mean they're likely to be legit?

If so, I guess it makes sense to get another big combiner plus all the dinos out. Like @Sracsose I was disappointed with the lack of BW love. But I noticed that Primal is slated for wave 3 so this makes me think that potp could be the transition. Like after Potp (and therefore prime wars) there could well be the end of g1 nostalgia and the beginning of a beast wars revival.

Also storywise, Predaking can hold both enigma of combination and matrix of Leadership. This sounds like Razorclaw could well start a new Predacon faction, waiting to be taken over by Dino Megs (a la the comics @Verno posted)

Maybe dinomegs will be a retool of Grimlock in the line following potp.

So then Primal (the new King of Eukaris) and his Maximals has to take him down and get the matrix from him. This would be the end of the Prime Wars and begin the Beast Wars. Hopefully this doesn't lead into a convoluted tale of optimus prime just getting it back a bit later.

• Like Like x 4
  3. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Even I, in my opting for skepticism to avoid being let down (because MAN do I want these to be true lol...) would say yes, it means they're likely to be legit. (Some will say it "proves" it, but I think that's a little strong, personally. It's evidence, but not proof by my standards.)

I'm still waiting for official confirmation myself (both to avoid disappointment as stated, and so Hascon's reveals will still be exciting for me in some way lol. :p )

But yes, I'd say it's "likely."

• Like Like x 1
  4. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Haven't taken the time to take groups shots with MP Cheetor yet but for now I have these photos to share:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  5. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  6. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going through my Beast War figures again. I'm now starting to think we don't need an updated Primal and Optimal Optimus. Both figures still hold up more than G1 Toys compared too the updated version.
    Though it will be cool too have a more scaled version of Primal as a Deluxe, I OpOp looks good without Primal in him though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Need has never been a part of this hobby. I'm happy that we're getting an updated Optimus Primal, and am really curious to see how this gimmick of becoming the core of his Optimal Optimus body plays out... and am almost hopeful that something like that could be done with Beast Wars Megatron into his dragon form, though by no means am I holding my breath for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_1180.JPG
    Yes agreed , while opop still looks good . That solemn face of his needs updating too fortress maximus-ish. Not that sure about bw megs, might be a heavy retooling of aoe/tlk acorn and heavy retooling of that dragon storm figure .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  9. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    Well it kinda does here since it was a fan vote that everyone was under the assumption would get a new figure :p . I reckon it will be a pretty easy gimmick of just Primal sitting inside an empty shell off OPOP.
    I feel like Megatron could be both purple and red, but the dragon mode would have too sacrifice a lot of things. Like have a heavily tinted but transparent red belly too put Megatron in TRex mode in too form the dragon if you get me

@Jhund if we get a heavy retooling of TLK Scorn as BW Megatron, I'd be perfect happy with that. Hes a solid figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Insert obligatory "Yes .... yesssss" I'm still baffled at what the shell could be , Axalon isn't blue or orange . I was speculating primal carrying a gigantic matrix of leadership .

11. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    Rattrap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Aww man, If I wanted to fly I'd become a bat not a rat!"

• Like Like x 6
  12. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've got a few more I will be slowly sharing too. Haha.

13. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_8867.JPG Leaders
    Balancing between continuities

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

IMG_2774.JPG
    Ohmigosh!
    Look at the front page!
    Could it be a Beast Wars movie is not too far down the cinematic pipeline?

• Like Like x 8
  15. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I Loooooove that its just a Gorilla wearing an explicitly movie Optimus Prime helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is that tiny human figure for scale ? ... because damn that's not primal that's King Kong ... primal is supposed to be smaller than prime.

17. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Oh man a movie styled primal how awesome would it be to see these guys at the big screen, even doe I was reading somewhere that its unlikely beast wars will get that far o_O  heres a link I just randomly typed in beast wars and hit news a couple weeks back and found this Transformers Producer Not Too Sure About Beast Wars Potential

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    He does look pretty cool, but knowing its a concept for the Bayverse, his robot mode probably looks like landfill (and I don't mean the Car Robots combiner).

• Like Like x 2
  19. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    Good job TLK didn't have Primal, that movie didn't have a cohesive plot as it was :lol  The figure would of been really good though.

20. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I actually... really don't like how it looks. I think the head looks goofy, not a fan of the Optimus Prime influence on it. I like the rest of it, actually, just not so much the head.

Honestly, as much as I would kind of love a Beast Wars movie, I also kinda wish it never happens. The transformers movies have been so poor, I don't want Beast Wars given the same treatment. Plus, I really enjoyed Beast Wars as a sequel to Transformers, but I would want the Transformers franchise to be rebooted and done properly so that Beast Wars has a proper foundation on which to sit. Trying to make Beast Wars work as a sequel to the current franchise would be like building a tower on quicksand.

• Like Like x 2