Minor/Repaint: Beast Wars Animated: Season 2

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by GizmoTracer, Oct 28, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That is a great Rampage kitbash.:rock 
    Can't wait to see more!

2. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

you should make a megatron from grimlock

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love that Silverbolt alongside Blackarachnia, it looks perfect and those pictures of them together made me chuckle.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice work there GT!...I love DC's bot mode, but it seems like the alt mode is missing something....it almost looks incomplete to me....but that's just my opinion....doesn't take away from the fact that it's still cool looking.

I love the other two also....Rampage looks awesome :thumb 

Not to steal GT's thunder here, but you mean like this one here:

BW: Animated Megatron

5. GizmoTracer

GizmoTracer Well-Known Member

Heh, that's what I get for waiting a week between revealing figures... Be here on Wednesday, true believers, as Beast Wars Animated Season 2 continues! Guest-starring Spider-man!

I tired a couple of things with Depthcharge's vehicle mode, like oxygen tubes or extending the 'wings' to wrap around the cockpit. They all interfered too much with the robot mode, which was obviously my priority. Eventually I decided that, in keeping with the Animated aesthetic, less was more

6. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Next reveal on Wednesday. Okay, I'm stoked.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

WOW That Rampage is also Amazing

8. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    these look great. I am really loving these. any plans to make grimlock into dinobot??

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Really fantastic, what does it is not the alt modes, but the faces. Pure win on those. Plus those colors really pop.

10. GizmoTracer

GizmoTracer Well-Known Member

With the remaining Decepticon forces splintered, General Strika enacted a contingency plan put in place by Megatron. Carrying a back up of the deposed leader’s core consciousness, Quickstrike tracked down Blackarachnia and presented her with a proposition: create a powerful new body for the resurrected Megatron and raise a technorganic army for him to lead, and he would use his ship to rescue the spider from her primitive exile. Ostensibly agreeing, Blackarachnia had no intention of giving up control of the growing Predacon forces. Using designs conceived by Megatron himself while on Earth, she crafted a suitable form, but put a shell program in place severely limiting the new Megatron’s intelligence and instilling unquestioning loyalty to her.

Unbeknownst to the technorganic queen, Megatron’s core consciousness was able to override the shell program almost immediately. Dubbing himself Galvatron and declaring himself superior to his predecessor, he chose to bide his time, pretending to be a simpleminded buffoon while subtly manipulating events to suit his purpose. With all of the cunning and charisma of the original Megatron coupled with a technorganic’s instinct and a flair for the dramatic solely his own, that purpose may well spell doom for the entire galaxy.

[​IMG]

Props so massive they have their own gravity go out to Nemesis Predaking for not only pioneering this mod, but posting a video explaining it in detail here. The short version is that magnets allow me to attach either a regular hand or the T-rex head to his right wrist, while the latter can still store on his back.

Story wise, this is gratifying because I'm finally getting to reveal some things that I've been planning all along. Quickstrike's 'special delivery' was mentioned all the way back on his bio. This bio incorporates a lot of send ups to Transformers lore, not the least of them being his in-story name. A purple, reincarnated Megatron? What else could he be called but Galvatron?

I also like the idea of arguably the smoothest, most manipulative Megatron ever playing the 'Starscream' role on the Predacons. Or, more specifically, the 'Tankor' role, for those of you who picked up those recycled elements in his background. Homages galore! Remember, Animated Grimlock was designed by Megatron while he was experimenting with constructing himself a new body. Apropos, no?

[​IMG]

And you thought I was kidding about this week guest-starring Spider-man! That's the Super Hero Squad figure that came packaged with the equally tiny and awesome Iron Fist, for those who care. Obviously I'm homaging the classic cover to The Transformers US #3: Prisoner of War and showing off a little ball-jointed neck action while I'm at it.

[​IMG]

Ol' Megs has got him own opinions on spider-folk of all types, of course. 'Bad Spark' had a lot of terrific lines, didn't it?

Now, Beast Wars Animated Season 2 is going on a short hiatus while I deal with exams, but when we return the fate of the third stasis pod will be revealed! Be there!

11. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

megatron is fantastic

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I LOVE the Animated BW Megatron right there. This is why Animated should have continued. With characters like these, Animated could have been the best Transformers show ever. Great customs, dude! :thumb 

13. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

AWESOME WORK BUD! Keep it up! we are all on the end of our seats waiting to see what new character you create next!

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never seen a BW Megs custom from a Grimlock toy look THIS good before! Great job!!!!

15. rumble619

rumble619 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love your work and I love your story!!!!!!!!

Hasbro needs to hire you right now and get this series started!!!!!!!

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    You know what? You should come here and clean all the drool there is over the keyboard cause its your fault i did that. XD
    I mean, those customs are absolutely amazing! Speaking of Amazing, that cover with MEgatron and Spidey is wonderful! I am gonna print that and hang it on my wall. ^^ There is bunch of stuff i got in my room that i take from this site. You guys are awesome!
    Back on topic before i lose my mind again. ^^
    Am...no, what can i add that others didnt say already? You are a master for Animated Customs!

17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Awesome, I love checking these out, the figures are great and you always do interesting pictures to go with them. Loving the TF #3 homage.

18. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome...continuous awesome.

19. frogDNA

frogDNA Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love what you're doing with these figures!
    I wish there was actually a BW Animated line :( 

20. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

nice megatron man that is pretty cool almost makes me want to make myself one