Minor/Repaint: Beast Wars Animated Rattrap :D

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Skitch, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Skitch

Skitch Member

Hey there again in addition to the animated dinobot i tried to redo from predking I decided this time to do an animated beast wars character still but one that hasn't been done yet. This is the OG rattrap I like his OG form better then his transmetal form for some reason so I went with grey and brown with a little bit of copper in certain places. I feel bumblebee was the best for this because he is the smallest in height and after i got done painting the face it looked very rat like to me so I like how it came out. I used an airbrush for this one so it came out looking very professional looking rather then hand painting like I did dinobot. All and all I liked this one a lot better then my dinobot, i have two touch up spots where you can see a bit of yellow. I will fix those and update with my better camera tomorow in the mean time please check him out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260399871181&_trkparms=tab=Selling

Attached Files:

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Very nice!

That bumblebee mold fits Rattrap very well!

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Great choice of mould. Looking forward to more. :) 

4. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Very Nice, im also doing Rattrap out of BB, but im going Transmetal with him :) 
    defently like where your going, Keep it up :thumb 

5. Skitch

Skitch Member

Thanks for the comments. Yeah transmetal is cool I don't know though it just didn't scream rattrap to me anyways though I can't wait to see him and I want to do a tarantulas out of soundwave too like yours I think it is. Awesome I would love to know what paint you used for him its sick.

also accepting commissions for this guy.

6. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm just not feelin the head as rattrap, but it's nice work otherwise

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    i can dig it

8. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I really like the idea of using BB for Rattrap. I originally thought it would be cool to make him out of Prowl so he would have a motorcycle alt mode like the Botcon set, but I made a digibash of TM Rattrap for somebody (cought TK cough) and decided Rattrap was way more suited for BB's mold. I also have to say I kind of have to agree with you that Rattrap's original color scheme seems to work better than his TM colors (even though I love TM Rattrap). A brown paint job with red hubcaps looks good on a cyber-rat but a little strange on a futuristic mini-car. I like what I'm seeing so far and can't wait to see those better pics. Keep it up man.

9. Skitch

Skitch Member

Thanks a lot and yeah I was originally going to do prowl for rattrap but then i thought of a few things like one prowl in robot mode and in vehicle form is friggin huge I thought it would be small but its actually one of the big deluxes and his head would have to be replaced so I just said to hell with it I'll use bumblebee. i probably Wont even use prowl I was going to use him for silverbolt but blurr might be a better choice. Yeah I love TM rattrap but I don't know just didn't see his TM colors in my head when I did it. My next one I'm working on currently is Rhinox out of Bulkhead and Optimus Primal out of Prime. I want to get at least a full team of 5 maximals before I start predicons. Anyhoo yeah for the comments guys I am getting a better camera today at some point too so ill upload both alternate modes for rattrap and dinobot and better pics too.

10. Skitch

Skitch Member

New alt mode pics sorry for wait silverbolt will be up tonight