Beast Wars and G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Separalis, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Separalis

Separalis Member

Is it merely a coincidence that the Maximal Depth Charge in the Beast Wars era bore a striking resemblance to the G1 Decepticon, Scourge?

I thought this would be the best place to ask the question.
    Sorry for my being a complete novice.

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

No need to apologize! You need get your questions answered somewhere, and this is a good place to be.

IMO, the Max vs. BM Primal are kinda just coincidence...how many ways can you make two monkey-bots that don't resemble one another?

Not sure about Depthcharge vs. G1 Scourge. There doesn't appear, to me, to be that much similarity. What resemblances did you notice that I may be missing?

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't see it sorry.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's no real connection between them. I guess it could happen, though, if Scourge were one of the Decepticons who was pardoned and retired after the Great Wars, and his tech used to build some of the Maximals, although by that point, I think it would have been outdated. I'd imagine the real reason is simply the same as why other Transformers sometimes look like each other - they're similar builds because they're the same race. Much like how some people look quite similar, even though they aren't related at all, other than both being members of the human race.

5. Separalis

Separalis Member

[​IMG]

6. Separalis

Separalis Member

Well, Scourge was a land Transformer and Depth Charge was an aquatic model. I was dwelling on whether Scourge could have been an inspiration for the BW team to create Depth Charge, who possesses one of the darker and more violent personalities in the Maximal ranks. I suppose Scourge being rebuilt like Ravage was is a sugar-coated theory, but it'd still be interesting to have a revamped Decepticon with so much history behind him turn out to be an ally of Optimus Prime's de facto-heir to the Matrix, Optimus Primal.