Beast Wars 10th Anniv Dinobot (Hasbro ver): GPS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadpool., Apr 7, 2009.

1. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Okay, so I have a Dinobot from Hasbro's BW 10th Anniv line a few years back. Well, everything was fine until 1 year ago, when one side of the hinge on his left hand just... came off (marked by the black line in pic1). Literally. It just snapped off without any force on one fine day. And today, his JAW came off. Yes, his entire freaking jaw.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else who has this fig have the same problem? Or is mine simply just an isolated case?

Pics attached below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Never seen this issue on this particular figure. The plastic seems more brown that gold but, the pics look like GPS. This is why I don't get Torca. Damn shame.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just checked mine and he is fine, but the plastic does feel different then I remember it being. Considering where yours broke and how those joints move it does seem like a case of GPS. You would have to be prying those pieces at weird angles to get them to break like that under regular circumstances and even then they would probably pop off. That really sucks considering that toy is only like 3 or so years old. I will definitely be careful with mine from now on. After a year my Protoform Starscream is already making weird creaking noises and feels like something is going to give any day now.

4. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

global positioning system?

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Gold Plastic Syndrome - Transformers Wiki Just in case you're not in the know :]

That does seem like GPS, which has me worried about my friend's Telemocha Dinobot D:

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Reportedly Transmetal Megatron has a form of GPS even though the parts in question are brown, so it can apparently happen for colors other than gold.

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta be GPS. It's a curse I tell ya and it's spreading like wild fire. In the last month I broke 2 Superlink Fire Convoys (bright gold plastic), my UK Thunderclash's heels broke yesterday and the list of other TFs that I own that are GPS casualties is mighty long!

8. zmonkay

zmonkay Well-Known Member

woah, never heard of this, but that pic in the wiki of TM2 Megs... it's like someone broke into my house. That EXACT thing happend just three weeks ago. Took him outta storage for nostalgia's sake... and sonma bitch fell apart in my hands :rip 

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

ah thanks, I had no idea what you guys were talking about! lol

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    ^ I lol'd :lol 

11. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    Oh, crap. I'm going to leave mine the hell alone. Universe/Henkei Dinobot is better to fiddle with, anyways.

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Yes it does, but only the Hasbro one seems to suffer from it. The Takara one does not seem to have that problem.

13. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Man... I would have expected Hasbro to somehow get past this problem after 10 years... Guess I was wrong.

14. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

It is stories like this that keep me from saving up the $1K+ USD for the holy of holies: Black Zarak.

My G1 Scorponok will do just fine, thanks.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    ^ This. I just came to this exact realization last week. In fact, I put a "best offer" bid in of $1000 on one on ebay, luckily he didn't accept.

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Sadly my TM Megs has a small crack in the piece the arm attaches to, glued it but hes stuck in dino mode, dont want to hurt it any further.

Got one with the other arm broken but a whole arm still to replace my broken one...it broke....I think GPS can refer to any plastic with that slight flaking/shiny quality to it

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Sadly the fragility of this figure means I can never make use of my "golden discs" and holder from the "Iacon One" convention (since mine's in dino mode). Unless I pony up and buy the Takara version, which I might do.

18. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    My first one snapped at the waist, while my current one snapped at his right shoulder-armour. So my current one's being stuck in robot mode after the... reattachment surgery.

19. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I recently bought a TM Megs and it crumbled in my hands from BPS as I attempted to transform it.

I bought a Metals Megs and it's PERFECT. The plastic isn't brown, so no BPS.

I'm happy now, but felt like crap when the first one died. I had no clue what was going on until I looked it up on TF Wiki.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Luckily a board member hooked me up with the Japanese one (TM Megatron) last year and he is still kicking strong.