Beast Wars 10th Anni. figures on Clearance @ Target?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr.Roboto, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I stopped by a Target store tonight and happened to see a couple of Anni. Rhinox figures on Clearance for $10.28. There were about 6 of him, none of the others. Don't know if this is at every Target store. This Target store is located in California, at the Duarte Target location.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Good that we're only missing one more wave, then.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not a surprise. My local Target has had the same two Rhinoxes and two Cheetors sitting untouched on the shelf for a couple months now. I've only seen one figure from wave two so far, and that was in a different city.

4. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This could be bad. I've only seen Wave 1 at Target. Not a single WalMart has put out Wave 1 yet. I doubt I'll be seeing Wave 2 any time soon, if at all.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read that and thought "crap!" until I remember all the wave 2 figures are on their way to me already. Still kinda sucks, but then with only 3 figures per wave it's not surprising either.

6. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

Hmmmmmm... I wish they were selling better but I think I might pick up that Rhinox that I have been eyeing now...

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Although it's not as severe a case
    it's kind of like the Commerative Series allover again.

They're charing extra for toys that a lot of kids don't know anything about, and the toys look rather dated comared to what's more recent.

8. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    I knew this was going to happen. They've been warming the shelves not only at Target but at TRU as well. :( 

9. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Ah, this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure that I'm not the only BW fan that looks at these thinking "I've already got these, and I"m sure not paying $90 for Transmutate." At $10, I might get 'em. I hate that they didn't sell well, but I'm not surprised.

10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I have yet to even see wave 2 on store shelves. Oh well, I got mine off of the club store.

11. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Guess I'll have to drop by Target for a look see. Target and Kmart are the only ones here that have had the BW 10th toys. None of the Walmarts have had them. They should have priced them at $10 instead of $18 to begin with.

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like an isolated case. I swung by Target on the way to work and they were still normal price.

It's good to see that someone at that store has a brain and cares enough to keep an eye on the stock. I can't say as much about the Target employees around here. We've had the same three Tracks warming the shelf while new assortments sit in back.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree with Pimpimus, this is just an isolated case of a competent toy dept. manager wanting to get wave 2 out of the stockroom. All this confirms is that Rhinox is less popular than Cheetor and Waspinator. I'm in different Target stores in town here a dozen times a week, looking for new stuff. None have had any BWX on clearance.

14. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

While this may not be universal yet, I think it's a good indicator as to what we can expect from the line. I'm just sad that this probably means it'll be harder to get wave 2 and then no one will want to carry wave 3.

While I can't agree about the toys looking that dated compared to what we've got now, I do think they would have sold better had there been more transmetals.

15. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Clearence is never decided by anyone at the store level and Team Leads (Targets dept managers) don't do any of the markdowns themselves. Theres a Price Change team thats only job is to be sent around the store/backroom (by the LRT (handheld scanner), find the merchandise and mark it with the orange sticker or a price cut label/balloon if its not a clearence markdown. Its all based on a store by store basis based on sales and inventory.

Its probably a case of this store having a revision to the aisle that TFs are in and they need more space for something else/new (TF releated or something else entirely) and the BW guys were probably disposable sales wise, if theres any other stores in the same area with the same salesfloor layout then they're probably clearence there as well. This happened to Alts at the store I formerley worked for.

It could be the case that Wave 2 has a different DPCI than Wave 1 and is the product replacing it and should eventually be rolled out to every store. The BW assortment doesn't really work the same way that standard TF assortments do.

16. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

I had DPCI once. Took me several rounds of antibiotics to get over it, and I never called her again.

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am like 10 mins from that store. Does it have Cheetor as well?

18. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Again with the wierd distribution....I'll never understand it, I guess. Only one Walmart in this area has even carried the BW 10th's at all and it doesnt have the 2nd wave as of yet. Strangely enough, the Walmart closest to me has the newest Alternator and most of the newest Cybertron toys but has NEVER even seen the new BW toys. For the record, tho, this area's Target's and Kmart's havent had anything new recently either and there's been no price cuts so I'm not sure its just Walmart. Ah well, I guess a little road trip for MLP and TF hunting is sounding better and better each day!

19. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I was waiting for a price drop on these to pick one of them up but I may wait to see if a couple more dollars could be shed off.

20. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Such a trustworthy being!

I lost my BW collection a few years ago to an angry ex. The BWX line at least lets me get some of the key figs. I finally got Rattrap today which will let me finish Transmutate.

I just wish there wasnt so much mold degration. Things are a bit floppy. Also rhinox's shoulders and upper arms are switched.