beast machines?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus92x, Jan 25, 2007.

1. optimus92x

optimus92x Banned

i don't get it in beast machines how can prime turn smaller and why is cheetor bigger than prime and silverbolt looks werid

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I didnt dig on beast machines at all

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If you sit closer to the TV, Primal looks much bigger.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it was FOX that caused all the change for Beast Wars. They bought the distribution rights and made demands such as NO WEAPONS. All the restrictions FOX put on Mainframe was the primary reason for the changes of look feel and design.(there are other factors but thats the catalyst and that is why characters are different and "weird" looking)

Cheetor is not BIGGER than Primal, he may be taller but not bigger.

Primal does not turn smaller

Thanx
    Transbot90210

5. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i don't get it either...but it didnt turn me away from the show..i really like it.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I actually enjoyed BM too. One of the best serialized story-arcs ever in a kids' cartoon. Ever. And very adult for a kids' show too.

The ending was a bit of a downer, but the series held me in high anticipation all the way to the end.

If you're a hardcore TF fan (especially a G1-er) and you're a nitpicker, you probably won't like it. But watch it with an open mind as a stand-alone series and it's enormously entertaining. Very nice CG animation too--still better than some of the schlop CG toons on the air today, and nearly a decade later.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dug BM too...and i think im getting it for valentines day, which rules...but yeah, if you're too closed off, it may not be the thing for you...

8. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    That's incorrect. FOX never placed any restrictions on the characters having weapons; if you'll notice, the Vehicons are all very heavily armed. The Maximals were not given traditional weapons because of Bob Skir's decision to make them have to rely on their own skills/resourcefulness in order to survive.

As for BM Primal, he was devolved from his OpOp form when he was hit with the virus and therefore shrunk to his original size. The Oracle reformatted him from that body and he ended up about the same height as he was originally in Beast Wars.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Well, he was Optimal Optimus when they landed on Cybertron and then he turned into a standard sized gorilla.
    In that regard, he did "turn" smaller.

I think the animation in Beast Machines was great, but some of the design choices are horrid. It's also odd that the Beast Wars animation models were very close to the toys, but Beast Machines animation models did not match the toys.

I have a Beast Machines questions myself:
    Which mode was Botanica's robot mode and which one was her "plant" mode?

Botanica is the worst Transformer EVER!
    Wheelie > Botanica.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

BM is a great show. Primal may be shorter, however he has more bulk, which is better then tall and skinny. IMO BM is better then the last three shows hands down.

11. Lord Madhammer

News Credits:
    When you see Botanica looking like that bald chick from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, that's when she's in robot mode. :D 

The BM TV show and toys diverged in design because both were based on concept art, but communication between Hasbro and Mainframe wasn't where it should have been... allowing Mainframe to get very stylized with the designs without Hasbro saying "hey wait a minute". It's kind of what happened with G1 Galvatron, except more extreme.

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the show mdels and colours look better and work for the characters better than the toy colours though

(it's a shame we didn't get a show acc jetstorm toy though)

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    In some cases, the animation models were much better than the toy models: ie Optimus Primal (prior to Blast Punch) and Silverbolt. In some cases the toy models were better like for Jetstorm. I understand the reasons, but I think its odd that the differences happened at all after the standard that was set in Beast wars.

I do agree that the show had incredible animation that still has not been equalled on a television show (not counting anime).

But I will never like Botanica. Aside from being just ugly, why was a plant transformer so powerful? She was a bad idea overall.

14. Lord Madhammer

News Credits:
    I'm in love with the TV show and will always be... but I'm not a huge fan of Botanica. I don't have a problem with the concept (when you get right down to it, a Transformer that turns into a plant isn't that different from a Transformer that turns into a rat or a bird or whatever else), but I wasn't a big fan of the accent or the fact that you could never really tell what she was supposed to be. I think giving her a face in "plant mode" was a mistake.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. Beast Machines remains the only TF line I hunted to absolute completion; repaints, packaging variants and all.

16. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

You can't be serious, can you? Sure Botanica wasn't the best character of all time, but placing Wheelie on a higher pedestal? To each his own I suppose, but... we're talking about Wheelie here.

As for the concept behind Botanica, I thought it was rather unique. I mean, it's not like she was a Rock Lord or anything. While I didn't love the character, the idea behind her was nicely original in my opinion.

17. Lord Madhammer

News Credits:
    Well, personally, I think Wheelie is unfairly scapegoated... I mean, sure he sucks, but does he really suck any worse than Blurr? (Quite the dynamic duo they were in Five Faces of Darkness; it made me want to claw my face off.)

The only thing I didn't like about Botanica from a writing standpoint is that they SKYFIRE'D her... she was all like "I'm a scientist and I believe in peace" and when she finally decides to start fighting she goes all GI Joe gung-ho with the snappy "you're about to get PWNED" one-liners and stuff. "TIME TO CLEAR OUT THE DEAD WOOD!" wood, get it? she's a plant...... eh

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with you, Madhammer.
    That's why I say she was a bad idea overall.

Wheelie is easy to scapegoat and use as Transformers hate magnet so I threw him in.

As far as cool ideas in Beast Machines?
    Cheetor.

I can not wait for the dual scimitar wielding Titanium Cheetor.
    That will be mine.

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    No, Action Masters are the worst Transformers ever. Because they couldn't transform.

I clearly remember that day over 15 years ago when I read the Marvel TF issue where they first introduced the Action Masters. And when Grimlock announced, "Me can no longer transform," it was as crushing to me as when Prime died in the movie.

I loved the toys (TFs as action figures were something that I'd long wanted), but it nearly ruined the comic series for me. I'm sure there are plenty of other TF fans out there who saw the irony in them being called Action Masters.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Come on.
    Action masters were stronger, faster, more alive than ever before!
    The action is alive! :)