Beast Machines Ultra Jetstorm Chrome

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by highlander3000, Mar 14, 2009.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I was looking at my Beast Machines Ultra Jetstorm today and noticed that the chrome is disintegrating and pulling away from the toy! I had one years ago that did this but this one seemed fine until I saw it today.

Is this problem widespread or did I just get unlucky twice? Also, does the Japanese version have the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mine is flaking off as well, the other crome on others from the beast machines line appear to be doing fine, but that one like you said is a lttle cracky flaky

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's a very widespread problem on BM Ultra Jetstorm, yes; and unfortunately, he's by no means the only figure to suffer from it.
    The problem is that the vac metallised stuff they used on him (and also all the way through Beast Wars) does NOT age well at all. It's not chromed in the same way that G1 or Henkei toys are. if you have Car Robots Gigatron/RID Megatron or Ultra Magnus, they are prone to it as well.
    There don't seem to be any particular causes either; I've heard of cases of this happening despite how the figures have been treated.
    I do have a perfect condition BM Ultra Jetstorm, but it's MISB. It also took me over 5 years to find one. It's never being opened. And even then it's no guarantee that it will help.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  4. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

yah my RID Megs is doing, same as my BM ultra Jetstorm, i noticed that last week when i was rearanging my TF display. My first thought was " damn it my neighbours kid got in my room while i was at work" (i live at home and work nights my nighbour always comes over with her 5 year old kid to chill with my mom and many times i've come home to my room door open and my tf's spread out every where)

5. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I'll have to check my Ultra Magnus, Gigatron and Devil Gigatron. I had that problem with Superfire Convoy but I bought the US version and that one was fine. Oddly, the only BW toy I had a problem with was TM Rhinox. Every other one seems fine.

It's too bad. I really like the look of the chrome. I just don't like the reputation that comes with it.

*EDIT* Well, Ultra Magnus still looks perfect. Gigatron has some chrome wear on his head due to transformation but Devil Gigatron's chrome on his back is flaking off the same as Jetstorm. What a disappointing day. :( 

6. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    When it comes to chrome on my Beast Wars/Machines, gold and silver seem to be the only colors that are without problem.

7. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    its like G1 and G2 have gold plastic issues, So I am sure even with other TF lines we will find issues with something. We cant control what they use and how they cut corners to save costs lol...